IGNORED

New LJ Poll

ploppy

New LJ Poll  

583 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, ploppy said:

After much debate after a positive points return this week, I'm interested to see to what extent the mood has turned (if at all) in LJ's favour and, if so, how much time he should have if we suffer poor results in the next lot of away games? We all know that the next few games are going to be difficult - if we lose our next two does he get the benefit of the doubt or should we be seeking to get the “new manager bounce” ahead of Villa and Newcastle away?

Should he be sacked now due to a perceived poor performance against Rotherham or should he stay until at least the end of the season in accordance with SL's long term view?

Answers on a post card please...

should have gone weeks ago cant beleive lansdown willing to flirt with league one football after it took so long to obtain championship again if he wont pay the money for a top coach put pemberton back in charge interesting to see him come to the touchline several times sat offering advice

:shocking: 25% saying they'd 'keep LJ until the end of the season no matter what'? :dunno:

So their sentiment towards LJ as an individual is more important to them than the very real prospect of him taking City down to div.1?

This unconditional support surely can't be because they believe in him, that he'll suddenly morph into a competent and successful Championship manager, because he's done nothing to suggest that's likely.

Far more likely, if he stays, that we'll struggle to the end with awful football and ever decreasing confidence, and either go down or only stay up by the skin of our teeth due to others failures with absolutely nothing to look forward to but more of the same under the reprieved manager next season.

Truly unbelievable that 1 in 4 apparently put emotion for one person above the good of the Bristol City F.C.

Can they really not see that LJ is simply not an adequate coach/manager at this level and there's been no evidence on the pitch to suggest he ever will be?

Almost suicidal apathy. Flabbergasted.:blink:

I'm moved to say that I cannot believe Pemberton has not stepped in with his experience to sort out this mess. 

We have better players than a year ago and we're spiralling out of this division faster than Linford Christie winning olympic gold. 

Simples - solid at the back (drop Flint), creativity and defensive cover in midfield, strikers who can score upfront (Taylor & Tammy).

2 hours ago, Georgecreed123 said:

This has to be the most NEGATIVE part of the club so what we need to do is get rid of it and every person in it.  From top to bottom this forum is a joke full of self righteous idiots including the alleged moderators.

Goodbye 

Shut the door on the way out

Prize ******

This has to be the most NEGATIVE part of the club so what we need to do is get rid of it and every person in it.  From top to bottom this forum is a joke full of self righteous idiots including the alleged moderators.

Hahah this made me laugh. What a doughnut.

Perhaps the word is not negative but realistic!

It's a pity the OP chose the anonymous version for this poll.

There will be a few Rovers fans, and fans of other rivals voting on the poll, and they're very unlikely to vote for LJ to go.

Or maybe they would?

Either way, I find the other version of the poll, where you can see exactly who voted for what, far more interesting and enlightening.

3 hours ago, Georgecreed123 said:

Well you're in it, so I assume you'll get rid of yourself

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

:shocking: 25% saying they'd 'keep LJ until the end of the season no matter what'? :dunno:

So their sentiment towards LJ as an individual is more important to them than the very real prospect of him taking City down to div.1?

This unconditional support surely can't be because they believe in him, that he'll suddenly morph into a competent and successful Championship manager, because he's done nothing to suggest that's likely.

Far more likely, if he stays, that we'll struggle to the end with awful football and ever decreasing confidence, and either go down or only stay up by the skin of our teeth due to others failures with absolutely nothing to look forward to but more of the same under the reprieved manager next season.

Truly unbelievable that 1 in 4 apparently put emotion for one person above the good of the Bristol City F.C.

Can they really not see that LJ is simply not an adequate coach/manager at this level and there's been no evidence on the pitch to suggest he ever will be?

I voted to keep him in until the rest of the season.

To be frank, I don't believe in him. I thought he was a poor choice to begin with, and he's done little to convince me that he's the right man for the job. I also think it'll be a struggle this year, and we'll stay up purely because there will be worse teams than us.

With that being said, I wouldn't replace him for the following reasons:

1. He said he needed three windows to sort us out, and I'm inclined to give him that time for the following reason. If he is sacked, he'll still have this to fall back on, and things will continue as usual.
  2. I can't think of a manager that could come in and replace him in the long-term, nor would I trust our board to get the right person in for the job.
  3. We've sacked a manager nearly every year since GJ. The last two people to have any kind of success with this club were GJ and Cotterill, our last two managers (not head coaches). I think it's less a problem with the coaching, and more a problem with the board. We could put Mourinho in charge of Bristol City, and we'd probably be the shit because Lansdown and co have bought unproven youngsters to improve an inexperienced squad.

Is LJ a Championship level manager? Based on his performance this season, I'd say no, but he deserves the chance to prove it. He was a good player for us, and for all we know he could get over this slump in form and improve the squad. If a proven Championship manager becomes available AND is willing to manage us, then by all means sack LJ, but I don't want another head coach brought in to sit between the shitshow between board and fans.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's a pity the OP chose the anonymous version for this poll.

There will be a few Rovers fans, and fans of other rivals voting on the poll, and they're very unlikely to vote for LJ to go.

Or maybe they would?

Either way, I find the other version of the poll, where you can see exactly who voted for what, far more interesting and enlightening.

My thoughts exactly,another lost soul that has wandered off from the somersault factory north of the river. :bonkers:

3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Yet another poll, yet another clear view on peoples thoughts. This community overwhelmingly want him gone.

Yes I know what some of you are thinking.. That OTIB may not be a true representation of our fanbase as a whole... Fair enough. But then where are all of these silent LJ supporters? Certainly not on other forums, or on facebook... certainly not anyone I've spoken to on matchdays or any of my friends or relatives. So?

47% isn't overwhelming.

4 hours ago, Georgecreed123 said:

Get rid of the forum AND the people on it?

What's your weapon of choice, other than anger? 

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

I voted to keep him in until the rest of the season.

To be frank, I don't believe in him. I thought he was a poor choice to begin with, and he's done little to convince me that he's the right man for the job. I also think it'll be a struggle this year, and we'll stay up purely because there will be worse teams than us.

With that being said, I wouldn't replace him for the following reasons:

1. He said he needed three windows to sort us out, and I'm inclined to give him that time for the following reason. If he is sacked, he'll still have this to fall back on, and things will continue as usual.
  2. I can't think of a manager that could come in and replace him in the long-term, nor would I trust our board to get the right person in for the job.
  3. We've sacked a manager nearly every year since GJ. The last two people to have any kind of success with this club were GJ and Cotterill, our last two managers (not head coaches). I think it's less a problem with the coaching, and more a problem with the board. We could put Mourinho in charge of Bristol City, and we'd probably be the shit because Lansdown and co have bought unproven youngsters to improve an inexperienced squad.

Is LJ a Championship level manager? Based on his performance this season, I'd say no, but he deserves the chance to prove it. He was a good player for us, and for all we know he could get over this slump in form and improve the squad. If a proven Championship manager becomes available AND is willing to manage us, then by all means sack LJ, but I don't want another head coach brought in to sit between the shitshow between board and fans.

I doubt Lansdown has any say in who the club's targets are, other than setting an overall budget. LJ will say what he wants and suggest targets, the scouts and agents will also advances names, Mark Ashton negotiates for the ones we are interested in.

If we've paid over the odds for unproven youngsters then the football staff have to be blamed.

5 hours ago, Georgecreed123 said:

Says George.....self righteously.

What are you, North Korean?

5 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Yet another poll, yet another clear view on peoples thoughts. This community overwhelmingly want him gone.

Yes I know what some of you are thinking.. That OTIB may not be a true representation of our fanbase as a whole... Fair enough. But then where are all of these silent LJ supporters? Certainly not on other forums, or on facebook... certainly not anyone I've spoken to on matchdays or any of my friends or relatives. So?

54.22% (at time of posting) want to give him more time (two or more games), so no, the community do not "overwhelmingly want him gone", the majority are saying to give a little more time (at least of those on OTIB).

I think you've missed the point of the word "silent" there.

6 hours ago, Georgecreed123 said:

You obviously haven't seen the 'Bristol City Till I Die' Facebook page ! It's negative in the extreme and shambolic.  I'd say there's a good selection of opinions on here , often written intelligently and humourously. Sometimes Passion overflows but I'd say posters on here are largely positive and realistic . 

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I would be more interested if it was 25% of 4000 voters not 400!

I assume "Give him until after Burton at home" means wait until that point and then make a call based on the results achieved?

I maintain that we're not as bad as people think and I'm confident that we'll get some acceptable results over the next month. I think we'll be around 8 points better off than we are now by the time the Burton game has finished. That'll leave us needing less than a point per game for the rest of the season in order to stay up, which should be fine. Based on that I'd certainly recommend keeping the manager.

If I'm wrong and we're on no more points then than we are now then we'll still only need around a point per game to stay up but even I would have to question the likelihood of LJ achieving that.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My view is that I wanted him gone before Wednesday (on Tuesday), but it looks like he's here to stay.  Much as I've been disappointed by results (understatement), it's been some of the non-results that changed my view of him.

Without going into chapter and verse:

- Taylor Moore not starting v Reading

- Taylor Moore not on bench v Reading (later found out he was not injured and commentating on BBCRB)

- Taylor Moore being allowed to go in loan (less about the loan, more about not selecting him because of an impending loan - eff that, get the points and run the risk it might fall through because of injury

- the goalkeeper saga.  We had two reasonable (open to opinion) keepers, with a young Austrian waiting in the wings.  Ones gone totally, one to Aalborg on loan, and we bring in a 'risk' who hasn't played in 2 years.  Not judging Fabian, but boy, it's a huge gamble.

- Engvall - just strange all round

- the blaming of players to the media

- etc

It all smacks of inexperience.  I don't want us to go backwards to go forwards, we've done that consistently over the past 38 years I've been a fan.  We have a squad capable of so much better.  Something or someone us stifling that.  If it ain't LJ and it's a bad apple, then effin' bomb the bad apple out to rot, and get on with it. And no, I'm not suggesting Tomlin is the bad apple.  I've no idea, but the buck stops with the head coach.

The pillars have to stand unsupported from scenarios like this at some point, and I think that point has been reached.  The sacrifices of SOD and Cotts have enabled LJ to come in and take us forward.  He's in danger of crumbling them.  Whatever you think of the two previous incumbents, they'd have loved this squad to play with.

I still hope he succeeds, because I want anyone to succeed at our club, but if he takes us down........

sorry Dave , from our club can he go in on loan or can he only go out?

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My view is that I wanted him gone before Wednesday (on Tuesday), but it looks like he's here to stay.  Much as I've been disappointed by results (understatement), it's been some of the non-results that changed my view of him.

Without going into chapter and verse:

- Taylor Moore not starting v Reading

- Taylor Moore not on bench v Reading (later found out he was not injured and commentating on BBCRB)

- Taylor Moore being allowed to go in loan (less about the loan, more about not selecting him because of an impending loan - eff that, get the points and run the risk it might fall through because of injury

- the goalkeeper saga.  We had two reasonable (open to opinion) keepers, with a young Austrian waiting in the wings.  Ones gone totally, one to Aalborg on loan, and we bring in a 'risk' who hasn't played in 2 years.  Not judging Fabian, but boy, it's a huge gamble.

- Engvall - just strange all round

- the blaming of players to the media

- etc

It all smacks of inexperience.  I don't want us to go backwards to go forwards, we've done that consistently over the past 38 years I've been a fan.  We have a squad capable of so much better.  Something or someone us stifling that.  If it ain't LJ and it's a bad apple, then effin' bomb the bad apple out to rot, and get on with it. And no, I'm not suggesting Tomlin is the bad apple.  I've no idea, but the buck stops with the head coach.

The pillars have to stand unsupported from scenarios like this at some point, and I think that point has been reached.  The sacrifices of SOD and Cotts have enabled LJ to come in and take us forward.  He's in danger of crumbling them.  Whatever you think of the two previous incumbents, they'd have loved this squad to play with.

I still hope he succeeds, because I want anyone to succeed at our club, but if he takes us down........

While a bit Taylor Moore heavy, I think this is an excellent summary of so many of the things that make me feel so uneasy this season.

I think I would add the constant rotation, especially players like Pattison and O'Dowda who deserve some time to settle given how much we spent to bring them here.

The inconsistent media utterances, l recall LJ saying Joe Bryan could be a Premier League left back and yet he plays him in midfield.

Casting aside players who have played so well at times - anyone seen Bobby Reid recently, he was excellent at the end of last season and at Fulham?

And Magnusson - was he really the reason our defence was so leaky?

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

And your mantra appears to be always spin negatives. Also bullshit.

With due respect James , I don't think anyone needs to 'spin negatives' 

The negatives can be seen in performances (Generally) and more importantly , the results , and the League Table

oh sorry , I'm 'spinning' 

What I should  have said is we aren't much worse off than Villa - So alls good

Archived