IGNORED

Magnusson Still In Bristol? (Merged)

Unan

1 minute ago, Sepp Blatter said:

This is the reason Johnson should be sacked! Defensive collapse and your best fully fit defender is eating birthday cake at home. Please go Johnson, please go. 

What frustrates me is the seemingly arbitrary nature of players disappearing out the squad for no apparent reason. Similar thing with Bobby Reid. I know we don't see everything that goes on on the training pitch and there may be more to it than meets the eye but it just seems like good players being left out with no clear reason as to why. 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

That's an odd one, if not picked he should not be home on match day eating cake, sort it Lee. 

I'm blaming LJ for a lot of things at the moment but I don't agree with this. If Magnusson isn't in the squad, it seems like the decent human thing to excuse him from travelling to sit in the stands on his birthday. He's a young guy from Iceland in a country he only moved to 6 months ago. Ensuring he has a decent birthday is the one sensible bit of management psychology that LJ achieved today. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm blaming LJ for a lot of things at the moment but I don't agree with this. If Magnusson isn't in the squad, it seems like the decent human thing to excuse him from travelling to sit in the stands on his birthday. He's a young guy from Iceland in a country he only moved to 6 months ago. Ensuring he has a decent birthday is the one sensible bit of management psychology that LJ achieved today. 

This is professional football.  You don't give someone their birthday off, when you're in a relegation battle and he's your next best defender bar the starting back 4, and even that's debateable!

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

He is an employee of the club and therefore he should be present with the squad on a matchday. We don't pay him to eat cake on a Saturday afternoon. Leaving a player at home does nothing to foster team spirit, unity and togetherness. It's bizarre.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

This is professional football.  You don't give someone their birthday off, when you're in a relegation battle and he's your next best defender bar the starting back 4, and even that's debateable!

No. He should have been in the squad, obviously. What I mean from my post above is - given he was not in the squad , I can see the logic in LJ letting him stay home. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see what you mean Fevs but if his mum and dad and siblings have travelled all the way from Iceland to visit him and he was sat on a plastic seat hundreds of miles away, I'd feel for the poor sod.

I still think he's had a row with LJ/Pembo/Holden to be out the squad so long... not ITK, just a guess.

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

I do think he should have travelled, as someone else said, what if a defender got injured in the warm up?

I just hope he has been told he is having a few weeks off as a mid-season break, given that it was apparently not intended for him to play so many games as he has so far.

Surely he'd elaborate on that though. He must know that if he says that he is 100% fit but not being picked then people are going to wonder why. 

1 hour ago, Sepp Blatter said:

This is the reason Johnson should be sacked! Defensive collapse and your best fully fit defender is eating birthday cake at home. Please go Johnson, please go. 

This is a joke. How can Vyner be on the bench and no mags? I'd have Mags with Wright over Flint who is the one constant in a poor team. 3.5.2 is our best formation 

Archived