IGNORED

Magnusson Still In Bristol? (Merged)

Unan

3 hours ago, lancsred said:

So I take it no one listened to Ashton when he clearly stated they only expected him to play 15-20 times this season and he was one to progress with, that he was a bit burned out and had far too much game time, but not had the opportunity to rest him.

He's 24 and should be at the peak of fitness. 

If he's had far too much game time then, whilst I am a supporter of Flint, our Mr. 90 minutes in every game this season should be given a rest at some point?

I tend to take anything MA says with a pinch of salt. I think he said Paterson was one for the future as well and he's 26 next birthday!!

49 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He's 24 and should be at the peak of fitness. 

If he's had far too much game time then, whilst I am a supporter of Flint, our Mr. 90 minutes in every game this season should be given a rest at some point?

I tend to take anything MA says with a pinch of salt. I think he said Paterson was one for the future as well and he's 26 next birthday!!

He never said that about Paterson. Personally I would like to see Flint have a permanent break, and sold.

21 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

You see Savage described us as pushovers in the week, and this sort of thing is hard to defend, He should have travelled, he is young, and the game as it was would have been a lesson. Did you really say that he deserves a decent birthday?

And did I see a few on here 'like' that absurd comment? 

We are indeed a soft touch, can you imagine Gerry Gow, Norman Hunter, John Atyeo  etc wanting to stay home on match day and eat cake?

Let them eat cake - Marie Antoinette 

She knew a thing or two about football.

23 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Leaving him out is inexcusable. He is one of our best players. I would sack Johnson for this decision on its own - never mind all the other massive crass mistakes he keeps making. Get someone in who can recognise a class player and make good use of him. LJ really is getting right on my ti** now.

Thank Buddha that you're not the chairman then...

Magners is good but one of our best players? That's open to debate

I look at this slightly differently. Firstly im not that convinced by HM's ability and whether he should be in the team.... but that's by the by.  

What I wonder is what's HM thinking, wouldn't you WANT to be there with your teammates? Rather than sending them a tweet. 

I know it's his birthday and his family are over (presume not just for the day). Bring the family to the game! Don't most people work on their birthday? 

It doesn't say much about "team" or team spirit that HM wouldn't want/insist on being there. 

I think we've now got too many players. They've been in and out of the team and the sprit will have suffered.  

Also agree that the club could communicate better about players who go "missing" such as HM and Reid.  If they need a break, there's always the option of communicating a "knock" to us fans. 

8 hours ago, lancsred said:

Personally I would like to see Flint have a permanent break, and sold.

If reports are true his prowess at this level seems to have been noted by a number of higher up clubs, however under appreciated he will always be by some on here.

If City get offered 4m+ I reckon you may well get your wish.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If reports are true his prowess at this level seems to have been noted by a number of higher up clubs, however under appreciated he will always be by some on here.

If City get offered 4m+ I reckon you may well get your wish.

Hopefully, he may have potential to go higher than us (I don't think he does), but it seems he's peaked with us. Next to no progression in the past year, time for a move.

20 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How many times have you watched MOTD and heard John Motson say "Liverpool are without their captain today because it's his birthday" or "United are forced to name six changes to their side today because of a birthday crisis"?

First team players not travelling because it's their birthday is not a usual state of affairs.

I've been to games later featured on MOTD and am gobsmacked by the analysis.  The pundits literally can not watch the games through that they comment on in the time given.  It is a magazine show and should be given no serious credence.  

From what I understand Magnus' birthday was very much secondary in his not travelling to Derby.  It's an otib mountain out of a molehill.  

14 hours ago, Mendip City said:

It doesn't say much about "team" or team spirit that HM wouldn't want/insist on being there. 

Just how many spaces to you think there are on the Team Coach, how many hotel rooms do you think we book. Enough for the squad, manager, coaches, kitman. Not every fringe player can travel. Don't beat Magnusson with the 'don't care' stick, I would wager anything that if he had a choice of birthday cake or playing he wouldn't be sat at home. Lacking team spirit he isn't, and yes I have spoken to him several times after matches and found him to be extremely positive.  

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just how many spaces to you think there are on the Team Coach, how many hotel rooms do you think we book. Enough for the squad, manager, coaches, kitman. Not every fringe player can travel. Don't beat Magnusson with the 'don't care' stick, I would wager anything that if he had a choice of birthday cake or playing he wouldn't be sat at home. Lacking team spirit he isn't, and yes I have spoken to him several times after matches and found him to be extremely positive.  

Exactly, I think perhaps he is guilty of a bit of over-interaction with fans on his twitter account. He's just honest - tells someone who asked that he's not injured.. add to that all the pictures about it being his birthday and that's enough for an OTIB conspiracy. 

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In typical OTIB fashion we are all spouting off theories without having the slightest idea of the facts .

If and when something brown and smelly hits the ventilator we will know about it .

Wish I could share your confidence in our media services

My take on this is that LJ wants to rest him as didn't expect to play as many games, prefers Wright's more physical approach & experience in English football for a relegation scrap.

Why is he not on the bench? Bryan in the team so can cover left back, no one currently there who can cover right back hence why Vyner on the bench.

11 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

My take on this is that LJ wants to rest him as didn't expect to play as many games, prefers Wright's more physical approach & experience in English football for a relegation scrap.

Why is he not on the bench? Bryan in the team so can cover left back, no one currently there who can cover right back hence why Vyner on the bench.

That's it I think. No conspiracy, just the way the team is at the moment in terms of personnel. By our standards, we've got a largeish squad now and not everyone can make the bench. We need the variation in attacking options of Djuric, even when playing a front 2. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly, I think perhaps he is guilty of a bit of over-interaction with fans on his twitter account. He's just honest - tells someone who asked that he's not injured.. add to that all the pictures about it being his birthday and that's enough for an OTIB conspiracy. 

The forum has definitely gone down hill in recent months.

I do wonder what goes on in some people's heads...Wake up...and 'I know, I'll post some crap on Otib and see what reaction I get'.

I've never known such hatred for a manager, who regardless of whether he's a good manager or not, or out of his depth, is doing his best for the Club.

He doesn't deserve the unwarranted hatred. Maybe he's not the right man...but no one deserves some of the shit written on here, especially when he is doing what has been asked of him by the board and owners.

Constructive criticism yes...constructive debate yes...but some of the stuff on here is truly unwarranted and this place has become toxic, even after 3 games without a loss.

25 minutes ago, spudski said:

The forum has definitely gone down hill in recent months.

I do wonder what goes on in some people's heads...Wake up...and 'I know, I'll post some crap on Otib and see what reaction I get'.

I've never known such hatred for a manager, who regardless of whether he's a good manager or not, or out of his depth, is doing his best for the Club.

He doesn't deserve the unwarranted hatred. Maybe he's not the right man...but no one deserves some of the shit written on here, especially when he is doing what has been asked of him by the board and owners.

Constructive criticism yes...constructive debate yes...but some of the stuff on here is truly unwarranted and this place has become toxic, even after 3 games without a loss.

Bang on Spud, all that utter bollocks about him somehow forcing Tammy to crash the car at the weekend for instance. Despite there being absolutely zero evidence it was true, many on here were gleefully hoping it was.

It seems that some people hate the manager more than they love the football club tbh- as evidenced by those disappointed that all the conspiracy theories were a load of shite on Saturday. They were hoping it was true- despite all the potentially massive negative repercussions for and damage to the club as a whole, as long as it got Johnson out. It's bizarre.

Archived