IGNORED

Johnson in

gazza1982

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Crimson said:

He's proven his quality as a top championship manager today.  All of a sudden the haters have gone silent 

I doubt many, if any, genuine fans hate him, but that doesn't mean they can't think he isn't the right man for the job.  If he was my best mate, I'd be of the same opinion, that he has done a poor job so far this season.  No idea where this 'hater' label comes from.  

34 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

@Benjam!n Ultra  I know it won't happen but hypothetically if we won every game between now and the end of the season, would you admit LJ has done well or would you continue with your vendetta?  Are you of those who wanted him out from day one and are now sat there with the "I told you so" smile on your face?  

Personally I will back LJ and long term think he is the right person for the job but even if I doubted him would still back him and the team 100%, after all getting rid of him is no guarantee of success and through all the LJ out talk I have still not heard of a credible or realistic suggestion of who would replace him?  We are in relegation fight now and need to get behind the team/club and not use OTIB for slating the club we are supposed to support.

And also for what it is worth 5 points from the last 3 games is a pretty good return and more than most on this site would have dreamt of.

You haven't heard a credible alternative?! Nigel Adkins, Alan Pardew and Mark Warburton were all mentioned a good while ago. What isn't credible about them?

26 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Can you just imagine the utter despair of some OTIB posters when we were up by 3, which then slowly turned to utter glee as Derby pulled it back, probably with a bit of despair that they didn't beat us?

This is one of the most cretinous things I've ever read on this forum and thats saying something. As somebody strongly in the LJ out camp, you have no idea how utterly delighted I would be to be proven wrong. I was buzzing at half time, totally deflated at the end and I think its just another nail in the coffin of a very poor head coach.

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not completely. We've had posters on here saying quite explicitly that they want us to lose.

You mean one idiot who is probably a wum anyway? Some of us are cloud cuckoo land positive, some of us are optimists, some of us pessimists and some are doom and gloom merchants but to suggest that any of us are taking delight in the complete screw up that has been LJs reign is ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, Crimson said:

He's proven his quality as a top championship manager today.  All of a sudden the haters have gone silent 

25 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Can you just imagine the utter despair of some OTIB posters when we were up by 3, which then slowly turned to utter glee as Derby pulled it back, probably with a bit of despair that they didn't beat us?

I'm disappointed we couldn't keep our noses in front but damned happy we didn't lose.

If we can keep the first half performance and sort out the confidence issues, we will be staying up.

Onwards and upwards.

Two of the most clueless , ridiculous posts I've ever read on here

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You haven't heard a credible alternative?! Nigel Adkins, Alan Pardew and Mark Warburton were all mentioned a good while ago. What isn't credible about them?

Well, Warburton became available last night, Adkins, really?  Pardew, great but maybe but check his history and speak to David Meyler.  Not sure any of those are totally credible...

53 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

This is the topic I want to be on more positivity than negativity!!!

Flinty, you, Gazza, and a few others are in my travelling band of folks who like to remain positive, and see the bigger picture at work.

I could honest to God spend a few hours talking about all the reasons we have to be positive. 

I'm willing to give him a few more games, but the jury still hasn't decided for me.

These five points were huge for LJ and Leeds is an opportunity to keep the run going.

I was totally peed off about today but was it evidence of LJ being a great manager for 45 mins then an awful manager for 45 mins?

The only reason he gets off the hook for me is that his formations, line ups and substitutions have recently been a lot more logical that earlier in the season.

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Flinty, you, Gazza, and a few others are in my travelling band of folks who like to remain positive, and see the bigger picture at work.

I could honest to God spend a few hours talking about all the reasons we have to be positive. 

Hmmm. I wonder if you will still be this positive if we got relegated with 'your man' at the helm.  Let me ask you a question, are you happy with the performances and results under Johnson in all honesty?

2 hours ago, gazza1982 said:

For me, he stays. Before the Sheffield Wednesday game we all would have taken 5 points, so we have made progress.

I am a Johnson out man. But would love somebody who thinks Johnson is the right man to manage City to tell me what he has done to make you think he is the man for the job. 

20 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

This is one of the most cretinous things I've ever read on this forum and thats saying something. As somebody strongly in the LJ out camp, you have no idea how utterly delighted I would be to be proven wrong. I was buzzing at half time, totally deflated at the end and I think its just another nail in the coffin of a very poor head coach.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There are those who want LJ to fail and for that to happen, the team has to fail.

Maybe you guys are wilfully blind?

I don't think you guys have said anything new about LJ for a long time so I suppose that makes you guys a little bit boring/monotonous/empty vessels (take your pick)?

1 hour ago, PolskRed said:

@Benjam!n Ultra  I know it won't happen but hypothetically if we won every game between now and the end of the season, would you admit LJ has done well or would you continue with your vendetta?  Are you of those who wanted him out from day one and are now sat there with the "I told you so" smile on your face?  

Personally I will back LJ and long term think he is the right person for the job but even if I doubted him would still back him and the team 100%, after all getting rid of him is no guarantee of success and through all the LJ out talk I have still not heard of a credible or realistic suggestion of who would replace him?  We are in relegation fight now and need to get behind the team/club and not use OTIB for slating the club we are supposed to support.

And also for what it is worth 5 points from the last 3 games is a pretty good return and more than most on this site would have dreamt of.

well said

3 minutes ago, Redandy said:

I am a Johnson out man. But would love somebody who thinks Johnson is the right man to manage City to tell me what he has done to make you think he is the man for the job. 

Gladly:

1) Kept us up last season and restored lost pride.

2) Managed us to the top 7 places come October this season.

3) Is a keen City man with a genuine passion for the club.

4) Will learn from his mistakes and develop as a manager

5) Has a strong working relationship with the board and owner

6) Has a clear understanding of where the club is going and what is needed to improve City

7) Will emulate what Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth.

Now, point 7 is speculation and possibly idealistic on my part, but I truly believe it.

He only has one blot on his copy book so far - overseeing our record run of defeats.  I can forgive him for this.

3 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

There are those who want LJ to fail and for that to happen, the team has to fail.

Maybe you guys are wilfully blind?

I don't think you guys have said anything new about LJ for a long time so I suppose that makes you guys a little bit boring/monotonous/empty vessels (take your pick)?

Nobody wants Johnson to fail. We all love city and whoever is in charge, we want to be successful and enjoy Saturday for 90 mins. You surely cannot be that blind to say we are a good team? Or in a good position? Is lee Johnson a good coach? The table would say no and a horrendous run of results would also say no. I'm not having a dig at you and I really appreciate the positivity some fans are clinging on to. I just don't get the LJ love in... He is a decent bloke but a poor manager/head coach/tactician and with him at the helm we will be playing in league 1 next season. He does not have an answer for our predicament, He has proved that again today. 

30 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Hmmm. I wonder if you will still be this positive if we got relegated with 'your man' at the helm.  Let me ask you a question, are you happy with the performances and results under Johnson in all honesty?

I've said for a while, believe 100% we won't be relegated this season.  Rotherham are finished, and we will not occupy one of those other bottom 2 spots.

Even during our losing sequence, we never dropped into the bottom 3.

For me, slightly long term, if we are still struggling at the end of this year, then LJ should be sacked come December 2017.  That gives the new man the January window to make changes, and we would all know that Lee Johnson had a fair crack at the job.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I've said for a while, believe 100% we won't be relegated this season.  Rotherham are finished, and we will not occupy one of those other bottom 2 spots.

Even during our losing sequence, we never dropped into the bottom 3.

For me, slightly long term, if we are still struggling at the end of this year, then LJ should be sacked come December 2017.  That gives the new man the January window to make changes, and we would all know that Lee Johnson had a fair crack at the job.

Are you happy with our performances and results under Johnson?

2 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Are you happy with our performances and results under Johnson?

I'd have to look at each game individually, or certainly blocks of games.  Even during the losing run, there were some games that didn't seem like a bad defeat, just something to take on the chin as a consequence of plying our trade in a highly competitive league.  With this in mind, I was unhappy with:

Cardiff (both games) QPR away, Fleetwood at home, Reading at home, Wolves and Forest away, and losing at home to Preston frustrated me at the time.

I'm still over the moon though with the 4-0 away to Fulham, for example.  I went to that game and loved every second!

2 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The LJ haters are starting to run out of arguments.  Bless.

11 minutes ago, Chivs said:

What on earth are you talking about and how does it relate in any way to the posts you have quoted?

The "LJ haters" you quote are rightly disagreeing with the ridiculous suggestion that some people will have been delighted to see us throw away a 3-0 lead today. That is not "running out of arguments", it is a very legitimate reaction.

The vast majority of those who no longer back LJ as the right man to lead us forward - myself included - would love nothing more than to be proved wrong. It is remarkable that it is necessary to explain that.

So please clarify your post.

We have 5 from 9 they are the cold hard facts

we get a point on Tuesday then we can honestly say results are getting better and the winning run is not a blip (anti blip if you will). 

Fingers crossed for Tuesday. LJ is pretty much game to game and he has to lift a team that blew it again today, but he is the guy and that is that for now!

17 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I dont hate LJ. He seems like a lovely guy who loves this club. I hate the league table at present though and that doesnt tell lies after 2/3 of a season. Ypu cant argue with a league table in february kid.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We have 5 from 9 they are the cold hard facts

we get a point on Tuesday then we can honestly say results are getting better and the winning run is not a blip (anti blip if you will). 

Fingers crossed for Tuesday. LJ is pretty much game to game and he has to lift a team that blew it again today, but he is the guy and that is that for now!

Winning run????? Wtf????

The only league game we have won in ages was against a hideous rotherham team that is effectvely already a league one side and not a good league one side at that???

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Wise words again, as per usual Gazzo.  5 points out of 9 in a week, not bad at all.

that's 3 points at home against the worst team in the championship bye a country mile, and 1 point when being 3 up with 30 mins to play doesn't sound so good now does it!

3 hours ago, PolskRed said:

Well, Warburton became available last night, Adkins, really?  Pardew, great but maybe but check his history and speak to David Meyler.  Not sure any of those are totally credible...

Adkins - won league one with Scunthorpe and took Southampton to successive promotions from league one to the premier league.

Pardew - took Reading to 4th in the championship and took West Ham to two championship play off finals on the way to taking them up to the premier league. 

Warburton - took Brentford to promotion from league one and then took them to the championship play offs.

And you don't think any of those records are credible? I'd say they are perfect targets for a club at our level.

Perhaps compare their CVs to that of our current Head Coach?

Archived