IGNORED

Johnson in

gazza1982

12 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Absolute bollocks. Just because you back LJ doesn't make you less of a City fan.  

Just because you want him out, doesn't make your opinion 'righter' than anyone who is backing him.

You're right, although for impartiality I might've said:

Just because you back LJ doesn't make you less of a City fan.  

Just because you dont back LJ doesn't make you less of a City fan.  

'But I get the context you were responding in.

Why i've been backing LJ is somewhat by default, not necessarily because I am sure he is the 'right' man for the job - although unlike some I do believe he does actually have some of the attributes to be the right man for the job. 

I'm backing him because I don't think it is beneficial to sack the manager right now. "Crazy" you say! "we already know he is useless, why delay the inevitable?!" you scream at me.

Football seems to be a sport still stuck in it's working class roots when it comes to sacking a manager. Maybe it's cathartic? But if results don't go well, forget the players or any other circumstances, we always fall to the same conclusion. Sack the manager. I just don't believe it's a simple as that.

Anyway the reality is study after study has shown that although sacking a manager sometimes (not always) gives the team a honeymoon period bounce (usually 6-12) games, time after time the club fall back to around the level they were before the manager was sacked. Sometimes the clubs fall to a worse level because of the upheaval of a new manager.

Funny that - because our very own BCFC is a classic example of that. Following SC's sacking, we've done exactly what the statistics say will happen.

So what's the conclusion, we'll get in a new man and hope we get the 'bounce' and hope the chemistry is right going forwards. Or will we be in exactly the same position again, in one years time, calling on OTIB for the sacking of Gary Rowett?

One thing that seems simple to me is, in order to build and progress, we need stability. Without it, it is a lottery. 

As bad as things have got these past few months, we are still not in the relegation zone nor have we been. The run of defeats has stopped and we look more competitive as a team again. So perhaps we need to endure this tough run to hold onto some stability and get out the other side stronger and wiser? Should we be doing better? Yes. Are we underperforming? Yes. But I'd love to see us buck the trend, stick by a manager for as long as possible, because the alternative, as proved time and time again is a club often going around in circles.

Just a few thoughts, had a been in charge of the sacking red button I may well have pushed it already. But it hasn't and I understand why. But a loss against Fulham, I think he will go.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 02:29, Emperor Palpatine said:

Do you have to like your manager in the job you do? I don't think so. But whether they like him or not they are still playing for him

oh for god's sake not this "your job/my job" thing again. Football's not a normal work environment, got that yeah? . Like when people say "If I put in a bad shift at work then blah blah blah" I swear....such an effing cliché, genuinely makes me angry.

34 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Why i've been backing LJ is somewhat by default, not necessarily because I am sure he is the 'right' man for the job - although unlike some I do believe he does actually have some of the attributes to be the right man for the job. 

I'm backing him because I don't think it is beneficial to sack the manager right now. "Crazy" you say! "we already know he is useless, why delay the inevitable?!" you scream at me.

Football seems to be a sport still stuck in it's working class roots when it comes to sacking a manager. Maybe it's cathartic? But if results don't go well, forget the players or any other circumstances, we always fall to the same conclusion. Sack the manager. I just don't believe it's a simple as that.

Anyway the reality is study after study has shown that although sacking a manager sometimes (not always) gives the team a honeymoon period bounce (usually 6-12) games, time after time the club fall back to around the level they were before the manager was sacked. Sometimes the clubs fall to a worse level because of the upheaval of a new manager.

Funny that - because our very own BCFC is a classic example of that. Following SC's sacking, we've done exactly what the statistics say will happen.

So what's the conclusion, we'll get in a new man and hope we get the 'bounce' and hope the chemistry is right going forwards. Or will we be in exactly the same position again, in one years time, calling on OTIB for the sacking of Gary Rowett?

One thing that seems simple to me is, in order to build and progress, we need stability. Without it, it is a lottery. 

As bad as things have got these past few months, we are still not in the relegation zone nor have we been. The run of defeats has stopped and we look more competitive as a team again. So perhaps we need to endure this tough run to hold onto some stability and get out the other side stronger and wiser? Should we be doing better? Yes. Are we underperforming? Yes. But I'd love to see us buck the trend, stick by a manager for as long as possible, because the alternative, as proved time and time again is a club often going around in circles.

Just a few thoughts, had a been in charge of the sacking red button I may well have pushed it already. But it hasn't and I understand why. But a loss against Fulham, I think he will go.

The run of defeats has stopped? We lost our last game

36 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

That's a sensible post.  I also understand why he hasn't been sacked (was going to add the word yet, but he may see this out).

I get the "we aren't in the relegation places" comments.  Does that mean if we do fall into the bottom 3 (could be by Tuesday night), SL sacks him?

Its not a good situation all round.

17 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Yes Derby showed the promise of what is to come: good attacking & hopefully winning football.

Followed by the familiar mistakes and bewildered look on the players face because they don't know what to do, it's the same as sod Johnson has to go,

fulham score first and the atmosphere at the gate will become toxic beyond believe

42 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

oh for god's sake not this "your job/my job" thing again. Football's not a normal work environment, got that yeah? . Like when people say "If I put in a bad shift at work then blah blah blah" I swear....such an effing cliché, genuinely makes me angry.

Oh well, I'm not going to lose any sleep whether you're 'genuinely' angry

Get over yourself ffs

Football is not a normal environment but why do players have to like a manager? They don't have to but if they respect him then its no big deal... 'got that, yeah?'

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Get over yourself ffs

If you were just about to fall asleep, then you read my comment and then wrote your reply and after that you went to sleep, you would have lost some sleep. So the fact that you quite possibly could have lost some sleep is good enough for me.

And I am genuinely angry so who are you to tell me that you're not going to lose any sleep over it? No need to get personal....tell you what, you get over me ffs and while you're at it don't use that comparing normal jobs with football jobs schtick again unless you want me to stick you on ignore.

Just to reiterate...any more funny business and I'm putting you on ignore mate.

2 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

If you were just about to fall asleep, then you read my comment and then wrote your reply and after that you went to sleep, you would have lost some sleep. So the fact that you quite possibly could have lost some sleep is good enough for me.

And I am genuinely angry so who are you to tell me that you're not going to lose any sleep over it? No need to get personal....tell you what, you get over me ffs and while you're at it don't use that comparing normal jobs with football jobs schtick again unless you want me to stick you on ignore.

Just to reiterate...any more funny business and I'm putting you on ignore mate.

Bizarre post... off you pop then, if I have to waste my time reading some bizarre rant then its best you put me on ignore :laughcont:

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That's a sensible post.  I also understand why he hasn't been sacked (was going to add the word yet, but he may see this out).

I get the "we aren't in the relegation places" comments.  Does that mean if we do fall into the bottom 3 (could be by Tuesday night), SL sacks him?

I'm not sure Dave. I know SL has a history of backing a manager until that point and then pulling the trigger?

One thing I feel is that in football there is no sure fire contingency planning. It seems like on the face of it, if results aren't going well and we head towards the relegation zone, sack the manager before it's too late, simple, right? But as I said above it isn't that simple. Time and time again history proves it's not that simple.

So you have to trust the people at the club from top to bottom are analysing every game, the moods and motivation of the players, the stats etc etc and judging that the 'right' work is being done to take us forward. But then it's still a leap into the dark with no guarantee. Even if we had an experienced manager in place, it would still be the same, look at Bruce at Villa.

As I've said elsewhere I feel the club are guilty of trying to change too much too soon (as have Villa) and with an inexperienced manager to boot. It's frustrating for the fans, but I can see that from looking at the huge changes to the squad it will clearly still need time to gel. 

I also believe that we have the quality in the squad to keep us safe this season, the next 3 games will be seat of the pants stuff, 3 points return would be about the minimum but then get past Burton with a win and things could look a lot better. 

I admit though this is best case scenario type stuff and I could equally see us take 1 point from the next 4, in which case he will be gone.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree Dave 

just don't get this 'well we arnt / havnt been in the relegation zone ' Does one or two places really have any bearing ?

Does it make LJs position more tenable if we are hanging on the edge of the bottom three rather than in it ?

Especially when the recent months have sent us plummeting in that direction !

Personally I'd rather we were in the bottom three at moment with a noticeable improvement and momentum , given the choice

19 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Get over yourself ffs

Football is not a normal environment but why do players have to like a manager? They don't have to but if they respect him then its no big deal... 'got that, yeah?'

Why do football players have to like a football manager? 

Im pretty sure treating them well and getting along with them might be a good start don't you think? With out respect you'll get **** all out of your staff, Mark my words!!!!

7 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Bizarre post... off you pop then, if I have to waste my time reading some bizarre rant then its best you put me on ignore :laughcont:

I'm not going to ignore you now, just to spite you.
So as well as potentially losing you some sleep, I've also wasted some of your time with my bizarre rant.
All I wanted to do was point out that what you said was a cliché and it makes me angry. Now you're all in a pickle and you're angry whilst I'm actually feeling quite lucid. I'm not sure what, but we've both definitely learnt something here.

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Why do football players have to like a football manager? 

Im pretty sure treating them well and getting along with them might be a good start don't you think? With out respect you'll get **** all out of your staff, Mark my words!!!!

You don't have to necessarily like someone to respect them, that happens in every place including football. Plenty of players had reason to hate Alex Ferguson including Ronaldo who he made cry in the dressing room but you can bet your bottom dollar he respected him as a manager

Just now, The dastardly red said:

I'm not going to ignore you now, just to spite you.
So as well as potentially losing you some sleep, I've also wasted some of your time with my bizarre rant.
All I wanted to do was point out that what you said was a cliché and it makes me angry. Now you're all in a pickle and you're angry whilst I'm actually feeling quite lucid. I'm not sure what, but we've both definitely learnt something here.

Cool story bro

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree Dave 

just don't get this 'well we arnt / havnt been in the relegation zone ' Does one or two places really have any bearing ?

Does it make LJs position more tenable if we are hanging on the edge of the bottom three rather than in it ?

Especially when the recent months have sent us plummeting in that direction !

Personally I'd rather we were in the bottom three at moment with a noticeable improvement and momentum , given the choice

To me it has absolutely every bearing. One place is the difference between staying up or going down, right?

We are not in the relegation zone, nor have we been, so stating that fact doesn't matter or make sense to you, because why? Because you've already decided, in your opinion, we will end up in the relegation zone. Your opinion. 

A season is played over 46 games - not 31. Despite our awful run, we are still not in those bottom three places, because of our solid start. On top of that, whether people like it or not, we have stabilised the results over the last 4 games.

Under no circumstances would I rather to be in the relegation zone, as you've said there. 

Archived