IGNORED

Johnson in

gazza1982

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Can you just imagine the utter despair of some OTIB posters when we were up by 3, which then slowly turned to utter glee as Derby pulled it back, probably with a bit of despair that they didn't beat us?

I'm disappointed we couldn't keep our noses in front but damned happy we didn't lose.

If we can keep the first half performance and sort out the confidence issues, we will be staying up.

Onwards and upwards.

The utter despair of watching our beloved city taking a 3 nil lead,have a word mate your embarrassing yourself.Nobody on here wants anything but the best for city but your flogging a dead horse if you think Johnson is the right man

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Can you just imagine the utter despair of some OTIB posters when we were up by 3, which then slowly turned to utter glee as Derby pulled it back, probably with a bit of despair that they didn't beat us?

I'm disappointed we couldn't keep our noses in front but damned happy we didn't lose.

If we can keep the first half performance and sort out the confidence issues, we will be staying up.

Onwards and upwards.

Absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous post - you seriously think that some Bristol City fans were in 'utter despair' because we were winning 0-3 ??!! And then you think some Bristol City fans experienced 'utter glee' when we threw it all away??!

Who do you think you are?! You're obviously upset because not everyone thinks LJ is a fine head coach at this level, like  you clearly do...

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Gladly:

1) Kept us up last season and restored lost pride.

2) Managed us to the top 7 places come October this season.

3) Is a keen City man with a genuine passion for the club.

4) Will learn from his mistakes and develop as a manager

5) Has a strong working relationship with the board and owner

6) Has a clear understanding of where the club is going and what is needed to improve City

7) Will emulate what Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth.

Now, point 7 is speculation and possibly idealistic on my part, but I truly believe it.

He only has one blot on his copy book so far - overseeing our record run of defeats. I can forgive him for this.

Yeah, just that little niggle.... :facepalm:  Jesus Christ..

All your points apart from the first two have absolutely no factual basis, and are just pure speculation/blind faith. Has an understanding of where the club is going? Will learn from his mistakes? Vague, wishy washy bullplop. And your second point is just ridiculous. What the hell does it matter that we were 7th in October if we end up relegated?? 

I am utterly baffled by the recent outpour of support for LJ after the most awful run in our history.. Somehow, scraping past the worst team in the league followed by our biggest bottle job since the early 1970s has made everything rosy again. Some of the posts on this thread from the pro-LJ crowd have been embarassing and remind me of the sort of drivel you read from Christian fundamentalists.

6 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Firstly, I liked LJ when he played for us.  I was desperate for him to do well as Head Coach/`Manager.....but he's not got it.  I've heard too many stories of poor man management, seen the dire tactics, formations, constant tinkering, players out of position, subs etc.  For me he has to go, its all about BCFC nothing else.  There is no love in football.  Trust me, I've been watching then since '84!  Once you lose (If he ever really had) the dressing room it's game over.  

And hes lost it big timr

3 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

And hes lost it big timr

But he hasn't lost the dressing room and certainly not big time, maybe a couple of disgruntled players but that happens anywhere.

Want an example, look at Millen and what the players did to him in that Blackpool game... thats how you lose the dressing room and those players were a total disgrace

12 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Yeah, just that little niggle.... :facepalm:  Jesus Christ..

All your points apart from the first two have absolutely no factual basis, and are just pure speculation/blind faith. Has an understanding of where the club is going? Will learn from his mistakes? Vague, wishy washy bullplop. And your second point is just ridiculous. What the hell does it matter that we were 7th in October if we end up relegated?? 

I am utterly baffled by the recent outpour of support for LJ after the most awful run in our history.. Somehow, scraping past the worst team in the league followed by our biggest bottle job since the early 1970s has made everything rosy again. Some of the posts on this thread have been embarassing and it feels like arguing with christian fundamentalists.

I would say point 3 & 5 are not just speculation but accurate... clearly has a strong working relationship with the board and certainly the owner and he does have a genuine passion for this club

4 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

But he hasn't lost the dressing room and certainly not big time, maybe a couple of disgruntled players but that happens anywhere.

Want an example, look at Millen and what the players did to him in that Blackpool game... thats how you lose the dressing room and those players were a total disgrace

Take it from me he has most of them cant stand the bloke

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I would say point 3 & 5 are not just speculation but accurate... clearly has a strong working relationship with the board and certainly the owner and he does have a genuine passion for this club

It doesnt matter one jot if he has passion for the club... So have all of us. If you are otherwise clueless, its irrelevant. And a manager should be able to form a good working relationship with his board. Its a basic expectation. All I've seen from the LJ backers in the way of arguments are spurious and vague comments backed up by the straw clutching of beating Rotherham whilst ignoring the worst run in our history - again, like arguing with fundamentalist christians.

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

It doesnt matter one jot if he has passion for the club... So have all of us. If you are otherwise clueless, its irrelevant. And a manager should be able to form a good working relationship with his board. Its a basic expectation. All I've seen from the LJ backers in the way of arguments are spurious and vague comments backed up by the straw clutching of beating Rotherham whilst ignoring the worst run in our history - again, like arguing with fundamentalist christians.

But you said barring the first 2 points, there is no factual basis but speculation/blind faith for the other 5 points... now you're just batting the two I've highlighted off well  as 'who cares about passion?' and 'well he has to forge a good working relationship'... Just highlighting the flaw in your argument.

Even point 4 I'd say he will even if it is not with this club... 6 is a push but he probably does have an understanding of where the club is going if not quite having the know how to implement it and 7 is pure speculation however achievable if he can learn the flaws in his management like game management but you could say that's linked with point 4

6 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Winning run????? Wtf????

The only league game we have won in ages was against a hideous rotherham team that is effectvely already a league one side and not a good league one side at that???

Yes well I'm trying to be positive.  We are winning points. The fact is this bloke should have gone ******* weeks ago,but the point is he is not. 

Its a pointless (nice pun) waste of time getting all upset anymore as it does not matter who thinks what and what acronyms are used, the only choice we have is to HOPE. 

SO hope for a ******* point at Leeds and SL is right about LJ you have no other ******* choice. 

8 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Gladly:

1) Kept us up last season and restored lost pride.

2) Managed us to the top 7 places come October this season.

3) Is a keen City man with a genuine passion for the club.

4) Will learn from his mistakes and develop as a manager

5) Has a strong working relationship with the board and owner

6) Has a clear understanding of where the club is going and what is needed to improve City

7) Will emulate what Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth.

Now, point 7 is speculation and possibly idealistic on my part, but I truly believe it.

He only has one blot on his copy book so far - overseeing our record run of defeats.  I can forgive him for this.

Good for you for putting your case so well. And I genuinely hope you will be proved right. I fear you won't My particular worry is he has so much to learn and is so so slow in doing it. Yesterday's inability to hold on to a lead and the way Derby players were totally unmarked  for their first 2 goals seems to be a case in point.We have started so many games sluggishly and given ourselves s lot to do and when at last we are up for it and start well we are unable to hold on.It seems to go on and on.

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Might as well, not like we can go back and do anything about it.  Frankly, as a fan, we have no ability to affect LJ's position as manager.  If SL and the board wanted to retain faith in LJ during that time period, then so be it.  We have to respect that and look for the improvements that will now transpire.

You are fighting a losing battle there. Towards the end of our double winning season there were still posters on here harping back to the Oxford league cup defeat. 

10 hours ago, smokey live said:

What a stupid thing to say.

I can't believe it's what people would want but unfortunately yesterday was a casing point. There are plenty who wanted LJ out even at the demise of our club (over the Tammy incident) so it's safe to assume that if they were happy for our club to be dragged through the mud to get him sacked then they would also be more than happy to see us lose to get the same result.

41 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I can't believe it's what people would want but unfortunately yesterday was a casing point. There are plenty who wanted LJ out even at the demise of our club (over the Tammy incident) so it's safe to assume that if they were happy for our club to be dragged through the mud to get him sacked then they would also be more than happy to see us lose to get the same result.

It's really not safe to assume that...plenty of people, myself included, have little faith in LJ....it's a massive leap from noting that to assume that the same people want City to lose, or the club's reputation to be trashed off the field. 

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Flinty, you, Gazza, and a few others are in my travelling band of folks who like to remain positive, and see the bigger picture at work.

I could honest to God spend a few hours talking about all the reasons we have to be positive. 

I see the bigger picture, if he remains in charge we will be in league one

17 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It's really not safe to assume that...plenty of people, myself included, have little faith in LJ....it's a massive leap from noting that to assume that the same people want City to lose, or the club's reputation to be trashed off the field. 

You haven't got my point. I wasn't assuming that. I was saying that some people made it very clear that they hoped LJ had done something wrong and would be sacked. If that was the case then it would have been catastrophic for the club to have to deal with it. My assumption was that the people who would be happy for that to happen just to get rid of LJ would also be willing to see us lose a game which would be nowhere near as damaging on the whole.

15 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

You haven't got my point. I wasn't assuming that. I was saying that some people made it very clear that they hoped LJ had done something wrong and would be sacked. If that was the case then it would have been catastrophic for the club to have to deal with it. My assumption was that the people who would be happy for that to happen just to get rid of LJ would also be willing to see us lose a game which would be nowhere near as damaging on the whole.

The assumption I'm disputing is that people want City to lose matches, I see no evidence of that. The reason I'm disputing it is that the more dedicated of LJ's supporters on here would, seemingly, like to suggest that losing faith in him in some way equates to not supporting Bristol City. As someone who has supported City home and away for decades and seen many managers come and go I'd suggest that there is no connection between loyalty to the club and loyalty to any one of its employees.

10 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Reading a myriad of threads that say LJ out or pillor the club over something utterly mundane or miniscule that it really isnt worth the anger, I really do worry about our fans, least on here.

We have a situation that is slowly turning around, we haven't been in the dropzone all season afaik, and we are looking to improve.

We werent getting battered in the record run of losses, indeed someone pointed out on here many of them were individual lapses or just rotten luck. 

However, all that seems to be lost in a Seething hate that is so 'blind' that it is rooted in LJ's time as a player.

Tbh he was written off by many before he was appointed and that hate has juat intensified and grown as manager. He's dismantled a double winning side that were getting hammered at this level and very found out and started to build something else. 

In terms of the squad whether it's MA LJ or a mix, genuinely one of the best squads I've seen at city, filled with youthful promise and plenty of homegrown players in and around the first team, that people had been crowing about since the year dot.

We have a new stadium, well rebuilt stadium with, presumably a different atmosphere to days gone by and we have a manager who is learning his trade still.

I'm neither pro or anti LJ, I wasnt particularly as enraged as the collective on here were during our losing streak as we never gave up (something those on here have also wanted since the year dot.) and again afaik we still havent.

LJ may or may not be the tactical genius that some people crave, however, we haven't bar a blip had sustained success in this league for 40 years or more. We've spent what a quarter of that here, with the rest being a titan of lower leagues after coming back from the brink of oblivion.

We've come a long way since then and are stil little by little getting there. Remove the short termist 'we deserve success' that very prevalent and we are finally doing.

Okay, there maybe bumps in the road, but if at the end of the season we get to stay in this league and start again then I'll take that, as it's something we are not always good at.

We've chopped changed and sacked our way through managers and at this level at least, it's never worked. This time we appear to be sticking, so again we are trying something new as a club and learning, something we wouldnt have done before.

I couldn't have put it better. Post of the season for me.

4 hours ago, Red Exile said:

The assumption I'm disputing is that people want City to lose matches, I see no evidence of that. The reason I'm disputing it is that the more dedicated of LJ's supporters on here would, seemingly, like to suggest that losing faith in him in some way equates to not supporting Bristol City. As someone who has supported City home and away for decades and seen many managers come and go I'd suggest that there is no connection between loyalty to the club and loyalty to any one of its employees.

I I agree with the latter completely. I just don't understand why people actually wanted there to be something in all the accusations relating to the crash just as an easy way to get rid of LJ. For me the all that could have done was seriously damaged the club with or without LJ at the helm.

On 12/02/2017 at 13:14, citywest30 said:

I I agree with the latter completely. I just don't understand why people actually wanted there to be something in all the accusations relating to the crash just as an easy way to get rid of LJ. For me the all that could have done was seriously damaged the club with or without LJ at the helm.

www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/182157-lee-johnson-sack-watch-merged-again-and-again/&page=13

Westonred - 'Never want City to lose but dont want Johnson here either' - thumbs up from 3 people.

See the 'but'? Not even a flicker of outrage by the people who are little less supportive of LJ.

It even looks like some posters are betting on relegation now.

Evidence? Let me guess, 'fake news'/'alternative facts'?

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

No we aren't. Just fed up with arguing with LJ backers (gasheads).if u so-called city supporters loved your club would love to see the back of him.

Absolute bollocks. Just because you back LJ doesn't make you less of a City fan.  

Just because you want him out, doesn't make your opinion 'righter' than anyone who is backing him.

Archived