IGNORED

David Cotterill

Kachina II

I bloody well hope we have a deal in place to sign him up permanently at the end of the season. The last two games he has been outstanding and his dead ball delivery is far better than anyone else in the club. I like he gets stuck in, and is very physical, good on the ball and whilst not quick, he is quick footed and intelligent.

His homecoming reminds me a lot of Tinnion on the left, in that he had a brilliant pass and outstanding vision.

Got a feeling the younger players look up to him too and he looks delighted to be back.

He has been our best player the last two games and got a feeling if he keeps it up he will be back here for good next season. He left a boy and has come back a man. Captain and leader material for me.

Yes, got to admit I was sorry when he left, thought he had potential but not 2m worth!  and somehow thought he might be back one day. Always gave us a hard time when we've played against him, so just the player we have been crying out for. 

Some players just 'click' right away, and he has slotted in like he has been here for months. Hope if this continues we will be looking at signing him.

I think we'd have heard if there was a deal in place to sign him permanently. The loan signing was all last minute stuff: what we got was a serendipitus coming together for short term mutual benefit. (That's what she said.)

I read in another thread that he's still got over a year (to July 2018) left on his Brum contract, so if he does well I am sure they will be quids in when suitors come calling in the summer. He might find that it suits to move here (if we stay up & are interested). I suppose there is a chance that Brum will want to keep him especially if Zola gets the boot.

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Didn't we say this about Matthews when he was on loan?

Fantastic delivery of the ball from crossing and corners and set pieces...Which we've been missing hugely. GoN's delivery is dog shite....and has done a decent pro's job. Hopefully it continues.

I must have missed something, Matthews never impressed at all in my opinion - great expectations but fell over and injured too often to be any use

Yep, he can really make a difference to this team.  His delivery is the best I've seen at AG in a while.  He really impressed me against Rotherham and it sounds like he had a good game yesterday too. Has the potential to be one of our best signings and has the rest of the season to earn a contract.

I liked him when he was originally here, but the offer we had for him was too good to turn down at the time

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, he can really make a difference to this team.  His delivery is the best I've seen at AG in a while.  He really impressed me against Rotherham and it sounds like he had a good game yesterday too. Has the potential to be one of our best signings and has the rest of the season to earn a contract.

I liked him when he was originally here, but the offer we had for him was too good to turn down at the time

Not 100% sure, but think he still has another year at Birmingham.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said when we signed him , mobile , quick , good,crosser of the ball , gets the odd goal

Everything we've been missing

Ironic that he was a last minute Plan B after the Southampton lad failed a medical !!!

Had he not played for us previously, I'm sure a lot of fans would've suggested we've signed a 'journeyman' who won't improve us.  I think there's a lot to be said for someone who's had a career at this level.  We are inexperienced at this level, and I think he may be our missing link.

Too early to say, and a good deal younger, but is he our new 'Wade'?  He's the player, we've missed most since 14/15.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, I think you are right but I also got the impression that Birmingham would be happy to let him go. He my not suit them but he seems to suit us.

There's letting him go and selling him though. Plays well for us, they aren't just gonna rip his contract up so we can snap him up on a free, suspect he would cost us 500K-1m, but he might be worth it still.

3 minutes ago, lancsred said:

There's letting him go and selling him though. Plays well for us, they aren't just gonna rip his contract up so we can snap him up on a free, suspect he would cost us 500K-1m, but he might be worth it still.

You're right, but of course Birmingham have weakened their position by saying they're happy to set him go.  Nominal fee probably, and keen for someone to pick up his wages. If Zola dies the fancy him, no pint him seeing out another year at Brum is there.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We need to play hardball with them then.  Say we will pay a small fee otherwise he can run his contract down for a year and go for nothing languishing in their reserves.

But with that you're assuming should he look stand out week in week out like he has the last two we will be the only team wanting to sign him in the summer. I would suggest he will be catching the eye of more than us, so should we not make a move in the summer and Brum want to sell him, he will not struggle to find another club.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good counter-argument.  Yes, he will have his suitors, but should we want him (and in the Champ), then you'd think we'd be near the top if the queue.  But we run the risk of being outbid.

I was meaning more if we took the stance to let him run his contract down. We won't have the option to play hard ball in trying to buy him, if we do someone else will buy him. 

Archived