IGNORED

A strange thing happened at Wales V England Rugby

Marina's Rolls Royce

Got tickets for this game. Incredible atmosphere but obviously for me my mind was firmly in Derby. Priority No1.

Got into the ground really early only to discover there was zero internet connection. Frustrating. 

Enjoyed the game but spent so much time trying to see what was happening at Derby on my mobile that my battery died.

We got back to car. Charge phone ................ how much did we lose by? Are we in the relegation zone?

Result Derby 3 ( OH FFS) City 3 OMFG!!!! Brilliant- great result . Fantastic. Matty scores- HAHa! ( didn't look at timings as a little bit tiddly).

Get home

On to OTIB....... "It's like a defeat" etc etc

Sure as hell doesn't feel like it to me but then again I wasn't there. All I know is that it's another point in the right direction and tonight I'm happily taking it.

36 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You say you didn't look at the timings, perhaps you should!

Yes- I get that now.

But another poster in another thread talked about 'context' of our draw .

In this context, all I saw was another point away from home against a back drop of "can't see us getting a point in the next four games".

I was also at Cardiff and asking the same question. I know the times of all the goals but clearly do not know how the game went.

Were we totally dominant in first half with a good fight back by Derby?

Or were we lucky to get three goals and typically profligate defending a la Reading and Cardiff City in the second half?

Is it one point gained or yet again unable to hang on to the lead?

I wish my experience had been like that. Instead, I had a brief moment of hope at 3-0 followed quickly by nervousness at 3-1, then suddenly it was despair at the realisation we had thrown away another lead. I'm clinging onto the relief that it didn't turn into 4-3 to them and that we are a point better off than we were this morning with other results going our way.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I was also at Cardiff and asking the same question. I know the times of all the goals but clearly do not know how the game went.

Were we totally dominant in first half with a good fight back by Derby?

Or were we lucky to get three goals and typically profligate defending a la Reading and Cardiff City in the second half?

Is it one point gained or yet again unable to hang on to the lead?

Yes, perfectly summed the game up in 1 sentence. 

It was like a completely different team from the one that looked so poor v Rotherham. 

I felt privileged to see such an excellent game of football 

6 minutes ago, Offside said:

I wish my experience had been like that. Instead, I had a brief moment of hope at 3-0 followed quickly by nervousness at 3-1, then suddenly it was despair at the realisation we had thrown away another lead. I'm clinging onto the relief that it didn't turn into 4-3 to them and that we are a point better off than we were this morning with other results going our way.

me too, god I was praying for the final whistle a defeat after that would have been too much to bear

Took the missus to Cardiff today also, it was a great game to win, missus says "please give up the football and take me to the rugby instead', WTF!

I enjoy the six nations big time, but Bristol City will always be no.1. But it was very nice to win that rugby game today! 1st time I have seen riot vans and mounted police at a rugby match. Welsh not too happy!

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Took the missus to Cardiff today also, it was a great game to win, missus says "please give up the football and take me to the rugby instead', WTF!

I enjoy the six nations big time, but Bristol City will always be no.1. But it was very nice to win that rugby game today!

It was if you are English but for me the poor kick by Davies that gave you the win, smacked of City defending. I'm pleased with a point at Derby but gutted about all three results- Bristol, City and Ealrs.

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It was if you are English but for me the poor kick by Davies that gave you the win, smacked of City defending. I'm pleased with a point at Derby but gutted about all three results- Bristol, City and Ealrs.

Yeh, agree, poor kick, Wales did play well, but England backs are bloody good at winning games when it counts. Give us a chance and we do look good in the line backs. Best atmosphere I have experienced at a rugby match - proud to be Englush tonight, which is more than I can say for the national football side!

Fab stadium for rugby!

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Got tickets for this game. Incredible atmosphere but obviously for me my mind was firmly in Derby. Priority No1.

Got into the ground really early only to discover there was zero internet connection. Frustrating. 

Enjoyed the game but spent so much time trying to see what was happening at Derby on my mobile that my battery died.

We got back to car. Charge phone ................ how much did we lose by? Are we in the relegation zone?

Result Derby 3 ( OH FFS) City 3 OMFG!!!! Brilliant- great result . Fantastic. Matty scores- HAHa! ( didn't look at timings as a little bit tiddly).

Get home

On to OTIB....... "It's like a defeat" etc etc

Sure as hell doesn't feel like it to me but then again I wasn't there. All I know is that it's another point in the right direction and tonight I'm happily taking it.

England played crap and nicked a win by all accounts didn't they,if only we had a coach who knew how to get his team to do that

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So you got back to the car a little bit tiddly?

Think I saw you on the m4 @Marina's Rolls Royce. Hope all OK this morning old bean.

20170212_083322.png

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Wales were the architects of their own downfall yesterday by not taking the penalty points when offered, and instead ~twice~ playing for more, only to promptly commit penalties of their own.

21 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Wales were the architects of their own downfall yesterday by not taking the penalty points when offered, and instead ~twice~ playing for more, only to promptly commit penalties of their own.

Yes, wonderful, cheered me up no end watching the recording this morning, never say die England, Eddie Jones is some coach, and did you see the passion in the England squad at the end? Not one of them would have traded that for being at home eating cake I suppose, Birthday or no Birthday.   

Jones In...

Archived