IGNORED

Relegation predictions

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

I don't hold much hope for Leeds, Fulham is a huge match.

Personally I think Leeds will be safe from relegation :whistle:

At the start of the season I thought Burton, Rotherham & Blackburn would be the candidates which is sort of panning out. I did not envisage us being in the fray though and I am not as confident as others that we will survive. I think it could be tighter than last season and could be down to the final game. Hopefully this will be all nonsense.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I said throughout last season we weren't going down. I maintain my optimism. I'll naturally apologise for it if I'm wrong though. 

To be fair, your apology would be the last thing people will care about if we go down.

"Hi Samaritans - I'm on the suspension bridge and nothing you can say will stop me jumping. Tell my wife for me, I'm sorry"

"But Shtanley has apologised for saying City won't go down"

"Forget talking to my wife for me - I'm going home to make sweet, sweet love to her" 

1 hour ago, GJS said:

We are definitely not going down. I truely believe this. 

Players and manager are too good.

I hope you are correct.

I believe the players are good enough, but not the managment. Hopefully once, or shall i say a big if, we are safe Lansdown will see sense and give LJ the bullet.

At various times I have thought either Ipswich or Forest would go on a bad run & drop into the bottom 3 but both have managed unlikely wins. Forest are dependent on their home form as their away record is awful. QPR are the team we need to pull into the scrap as they have a worse goal difference and as already mentioned that could become important. 

If we can pick up a point against Leeds I will feel more optimistic but the games against Burton, Wigan, Blackburn & QPR are the 6-pointers that will define our season and possibly theirs as well.

8 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

At various times I have thought either Ipswich or Forest would go on a bad run & drop into the bottom 3 but both have managed unlikely wins. Forest are dependent on their home form as their away record is awful. QPR are the team we need to pull into the scrap as they have a worse goal difference and as already mentioned that could become important. 

If we can pick up a point against Leeds I will feel more optimistic but the games against Burton, Wigan, Blackburn & QPR are the 6-pointers that will define our season and possibly theirs as well.

If (big IF, I know) we can take a point or more on Tuesday, then for me the ideal would be Wednesday do us a favour and beat Blackburn, and Wolves share a draw with Wigan.  

Might seem counterintuitive to want Wigan to draw, but as long as we also get at least a point, it would leave Wigan still at least six points behind us, and keep Wolves within reach too, and the more sides are looking over their shoulders the better.

Even if Wigan managed a win, could work in our favour for the same reasons, in drawing them closer to the scrap.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

O.M.G Don't let it come down to G/D  last day shoot out no,no,no.

Was bad enough the Rotherham promotion game even at 3/0 up.

After yesterday can you imagine the last day of the season and us needing a win to survive and going 2 up?

Brown corduroy underwear will be the order of the day.

17 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What they said.

What do you mean disappointed?  There is no way anybody on here that's a City fans wants us to be relegated surely?  Even those who are prepared to pay any price to remove the current manager cannot mean that price.

If I was picking who I wanted to go down (out of those teams who realistically could) it would be Rotherham, Forest and Blackburn as per the OP; certainly not us.

I was being ironic, go back to sleep

On 12/02/2017 at 13:57, rogerf said:

This link predicts the final table and they are saying the bottom 3 now, will be the ones going down.

I have been following this site for over a year now and the predictions are quite good, certainly better than mine.

I really hope they are right because I have my doubts about city surviving.

You can also see their prediction of the  scores for each game for the rest of the season.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/league/predicted

So safe by 9 points. I couldn't see the predicted scores for future games and was wondering if it's going to be squeaky bum time with the points to save us right at the end of the season or do we wrap up safety early and give the likes of Engvall a bit of game time?

Here are my thoughts for all the leagues.

Premiership:

Champions - Chelsea

Relegated - Sunderland, Palace, Leicester 

Championship:

Promoted - Newcastle, Brighton

Relegated - Rotherham, Blackburn, Forest

League one:

Promoted - Sheffield United, Bolton

Relegated - Coventry, Chesterfield, Bury, Oldham

League two:

Promoted - Plymouth, Doncaster, Exeter

Relegated - Newport County, Notts County 

21 hours ago, Nomad said:

So safe by 9 points. I couldn't see the predicted scores for future games and was wondering if it's going to be squeaky bum time with the points to save us right at the end of the season or do we wrap up safety early and give the likes of Engvall a bit of game time?

Predicted scores can be accessed at the very bottom of the table just under Rotherham's details.

We are still on course for league 1 football, cant believe since Christmas we are relying on teams bring worse than us !  Games we thought we should win against teams in poor form before facing us ,Huddersfield, wolves, Cardiff, forest   . That's on top of tinkerman Johnson and his baffling tactics,  substitutions. The odd win here and there might give us a bit of hope . 

5 hours ago, rogerf said:

Predicted scores can be accessed at the very bottom of the table just under Rotherham's details.

Going off the predicted scores, and our recent form, I can see us being 9 points worse off!! Would leave us on 42pts, surviving by only a point :-S

Archived