IGNORED

A remedy sought for a new disease.

cidered abroad

We have now conceded a goal(s) in the last ten minutes of nine games this season, that have affected the number of points we gained,

Wednesday away; lost

Barnsley away; drew

Birmingham away; lost

PNE home; lost

Wolves away; lost

Ipswich away; lost

Reading home; lost

Cardiff home; lost

Derby away; drew

Turning draws into wins and losses into draws would give us another 11 points and would put us in 11th place in the Championship above PNE.

The "last ten minutes" disease strikes us too often to call it unlucky. We must find the antidote immediately before it destroys us.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We have now conceded a goal(s) in the last ten minutes of nine games this season, that have affected the number of points we gained,

Wednesday away; lost

Barnsley away; drew

Birmingham away; lost

PNE home; lost

Wolves away; lost

Ipswich away; lost

Reading home; lost

Cardiff home; lost

Derby away; drew

Turning draws into wins and losses into draws would give us another 11 points and would put us in 11th place in the Championship above PNE.

The "last ten minutes" disease strikes us too often to call it unlucky. We must find the antidote immediately before it destroys us.

Lack of confidence, organisation, fitness and guts. There is no antidote really. Well not one that our owner seems willing to administer. So we will flirt with the drop and god knows if we'll scrape enough points together to avoid it but the most important thing is lee johnson, as he is still learning and the only purppose of bcfc is to further his development . The status of the club comes second to this :grr:

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Lack of confidence, organisation, fitness and guts. There is no antidote really. Well not one that our owner seems willing to administer. So we will flirt with the drop and god knows if we'll scrape enough points together to avoid it but the most important thing is lee johnson, as he is still learning and the only purppose of bcfc is to further his development . The status of the club comes second to this :grr:

Rather agree with this, but there are practical  steps which surely could, but clearly haven't, been taken to rectify the problem

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Would be more interesting to see how other teams would be affected by the late goals.

Ok I think a fair few early on in the season.

• Wigan Home- 3 points.
  • Burton Home- 2 points
  • Rotherham Home- 1 point
  • Derby Home- 1 point
  • Blackburn Home- 2 points

9 points gained in last 10 mins, not bad.

Lost:

• Sheff Wed- and remember this is PURELY last 10 mins- 1 point. (though the missed pen we should have won that for sure)
  • Barnsley- 2 points
  • Birmingham away- 1 point
  • Preston Home- 1 point
  • Wolves away- 1 point
  • Ipswich away- 1 point
  • Reading home- 3 points
  • Cardiff home- 3 points
  • Derby away- 2 points

Thinking about 6 points lost the net total, but worryingly none gained in last 10 since Blackburn at home right back in October!

33 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Wednesday away; lost

Barnsley away; drew

Birmingham away; lost

PNE home; lost

Wolves away; lost

Ipswich away; lost

Reading home; lost

Cardiff home; lost

Derby away; drew

Being a committed Dolman users, I leave games ten minutes early and also switch the radio off ten minutes before the game ends when we play away.

So as far as I'm concerned, none of this happened. If some of you 'super fans' who insist on staying for the full 90 minutes took the Dolman approach, we'd be knocking on the doors of the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Being a committed Dolman users, I leave games ten minutes early and also switch the radio off ten minutes before the game ends when we play away.

So as far as I'm concerned, none of this happened. If some of you 'super fans' who insist on staying for the full 90 minutes took the Dolman approach, we'd be knocking on the doors of the playoffs.

Except only if you take points lost in the last 10, and ignore those gained in the last 10- midtable solidity is the net figure.

It's not just this season though. Only a few years back we took the lead against Leicester (who were on their way to the 3rd tier) in the 92nd minute and drew. The same season against Shef U we equalised in the 94th minute and still lost.

Doubtless other members will post similar occurrences.

A basic rule of thumb in my time following City.

When we gain goals in the last 10, things are on the up- think 06-07 and good chunks of -07-08 and the Cotts promotion season as well as the first parts of LJ reign.

When things are going to shit the last 10 the opposite happens- as we are seeing now, saw at end of GJ's reign etc etc.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ok I think a fair few early on in the season.

• Wigan Home- 3 points.
  • Burton Home- 2 points
  • Rotherham Home- 1 point
  • Derby Home- 1 point
  • Blackburn Home- 2 points

9 points gained in last 10 mins, not bad.

appreciate the positivity but apart from Rotherham, all were before our horrendous losing streak - if City are leading now with10 to go, would you bet your House on us hanging on? coz I woudn't!

It's down to players not being able to handle the pressure. Let's face it at 1-3 on Saturday not many thought we would still win and the only shock was that we didn't lose the game in the end. These players are so weak mentally.

39 minutes ago, #roe said:

What about points gained with late goals?  Or does this not fit the agenda..

Fair point, we've actually won 13 points from losing positions this season, although 11 of those were in our first 11 matches, culminating in a 2-1 win against Forest.

Of the other 2 points, you could say that we won 1 point against Barnsley from 1-0 down, but dropped 2 points, from 2-1 up.

City have surrendered a total of 16 points from leading positions.

24 minutes ago, Super said:

It's down to players not being able to handle the pressure. Let's face it at 1-3 on Saturday not many thought we would still win and the only shock was that we didn't lose the game in the end. These players are so weak mentally.

And why is that, do you think.

31 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

appreciate the positivity but apart from Rotherham, all were before our horrendous losing streak - if City are leading now with10 to go, would you bet your House on us hanging on? coz I woudn't!

I made an error I meant Rotherham away- our goal to win Rotherham home certainly was not last 10!

Probably not no, think Saturday could have been so much better though with the right tweaks at the right time but in general certainly not!

7 hours ago, #roe said:

I don't have an agenda in the sense that this isn't a slag at LJ. It's fair to point out the late goals we have scored to gain points. It just didn't occur to me about our late goals because apart from Rotherham at home (was it that late?) it's almost a lifetime since the heady days in August and September.

15 hours ago, #roe said:

'Agenda', the second to last defence of someone desperately trying to defend their own misguided opinion in the face of cold, hard reality.

Next stage is to use 'vendetta', I'm sure you'll get there soon, probably followed by 'you want us to lose' and 'I smell gas'.

Archived