IGNORED

LJ petition (Merged)

Eddie Notgetinya

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

What I don't understand is the mentality of our fans. I say this because when we have no manager and are about to make an appointment you see posts like "whoever we appoint they need time to do their job" but the second we have a manager who isn't getting the results it turns straight to "they need to go!". 

I guess what these fans mean is "we want a manager who will never let us get anywhere near relegation in any league".  :blink:

Yep. Its not impossible. Even for bcfc. Why shouldnt we expect to get a manager who can keep us 10-16th in this division for a few years to stabilise the club?? Our problem is we have appointed too many crap managers and even when we got a good un in cotts he fell out with the board. Crap like millen, mcinnes, sod, what are they all doing now?? 

A half decent manager could come in now, keep us up and get us stable next year with a couple of additions. Its not impossible.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Petition to get rid of a manager. This club has hit a new low. Embarrassing.

IT HAS. That's why there is a petition. Albeit a bad one with poor grammar etc. 

But some might think that's a problem in itself, IF people think It's not worthy because a kid can't spell (even with spell check, there could be reasons). IF he pays his money it's worthy. 

5 hours ago, shelts said:

It's an interesting way of protesting . I liked it in the eighties when we marched through town for the striking miners, maybe those who want LJ out should do a march . 

Its a poor analogy-if you like a good March, join the army.

The only March worth doing and with any impact will be City fans away from the gate..

10 hours ago, NickJ said:

I think we should all be retrospectively embarrassed, but there were certainly many who said at the time it was a stupid appointment.

There certainly weren't many saying that last May and then there were big concerns that Villa were considering an approach for him, followed by relief when LJ publicly pledged his future to us. 

I have received an email from a poster on here and apparently the moderators now have a deliberate mandate to merge all threads where LJ is discussed to supress the freedom we have talking about this. Some have complained of the space it takes up on the BB but isn't that the point... these are worry times at this FC... The moderators require rotation...

1 minute ago, Poshtottie said:

I have received an email from a poster on here and apparently the moderators now have a deliberate mandate to merge all threads where LJ is discussed to supress the freedom we have talking about this. Some have complained of the space it takes up on the BB but isn't that the point... these are worry times at this FC... The moderators require rotation...

Why would merging threads suppress freedom? It's not like the content is being deleted, it's just to stop the first 2 pages being full of threads that just repeat the same things.

7 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

None of this is true.

Well this petition is pretty embarrassing - First thing I read was "Lee Johnson is a ****" (who said people who want LJ gone aren't thinking emotionally?) - but it has got good coverage on OTIB, Facebook and the now the BEP. 

So interestingly for me, whether you want him gone or not, we will soon find out what 'majority of fans' means once and for all. 

24 hours in and 200 odd signatures.

How many fans were at the last home game? 

15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well this petition is pretty embarrassing - First thing I read was "Lee Johnson is a ****" (who said people who want LJ gone aren't thinking emotionally?) - but it has got good coverage on OTIB, Facebook and the now the BEP. 

So interestingly for me, whether you want him gone or not, we will soon find out what 'majority of fans' means once and for all. 

24 hours in and 200 odd signatures.

How many fans were at the last home game? 

Just because people don't sign a poxy petition, doesn't mean they don't want him out.

Or do you think that every single member of the crowd at the last home game are aware of this petition?

Regardless of petitions and whatever, I think a majority of fans want him out...

People just don't express it at football in this country anymore, not really. Think of the old days- banners like major banners in the stadium, perhaps a post game protest in the carpark or indeed in the stand. Doesn't happen at football these days, nothing like the same way but I can see no case to say that a majority of fans want him to remain much longer.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Regardless of petitions and whatever, I think a majority of fans want him out...

People just don't express it at football in this country anymore, not really. Think of the old days- banners like major banners in the stadium, perhaps a post game protest in the carpark or indeed in the stand. Doesn't happen at football these days, nothing like the same way but I can see no case to say that a majority of fans want him to remain much longer.

Tell that to Charlton, Blackpool and Blackburn fans!

19 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Just because people don't sign a poxy petition, doesn't mean they don't want him out.

Or do you think that every single member of the crowd at the last home game are aware of this petition?

Well the term 'majority' has been debated a fair amount on here.

Plus many have complained that the board don't listen to the fans.

There's been a lot of anger from some on here, use this petition to have your voices heard.

EDIT - you can't label yourself in the majority and then ignore the petition numbers.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

There's been a lot of anger from some on here, use this petition to have your voices heard.

EDIT - you can't label yourself in the majority and then ignore the petition numbers.

I'm not labeling myself as anything TBH.

On the subject of majorities, there was a poll on here a short time ago that got somewhere in the region of 500 votes I believe.

Over 80% of the people that voted wanted LJ out but his most ardent supporters said the poll was not indicative of the feelings of the fan base, because so few people had voted.

Are you now saying that this petition, with so few signatures, IS indicative?

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

There are 200+ more signatures on a LJ OUT petition than there are on a LJ IN petition.

Archived