IGNORED

LJ petition (Merged)

Eddie Notgetinya

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm not nto the idea of a petition at all but if you are suggesting that only 500 signatures is a gauge of how low the LJ doubters camp is then that's nonsense

Like the vast majority , if not all the doubters / want rid on here,  I'd suggest , I wouldn't ,and won't sign a 'petition'

It's 400 not 500 and no I'm not suggesting it's an accurate gauge.

I'm suggesting it's a pointless and ill conceived one which as the post from @Leveller suggests may be counter productive in its aims.

On 16 February 2017 at 22:19, Ivorguy said:

Why be so aggressive against someone with their heart in the right place as regards City?

It's not the fans who embarrass the club but the way the club is run, BS et al. That I find truly and deeply embarrassing.  

Totally agree, why mock poor literacy skills, when City are obviously a massive part of that persons life. Though I prefer the old-school Valencia approach, 200 supporters waiting at the airport until 2.30am for the Neville brothers to return from an away game.  

21 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Totally agree, why mock poor literacy skills, when City are obviously a massive part of that persons life. Though I prefer the old-school Valencia approach, 200 supporters waiting at the airport until 2.30am for the Neville brothers to return from an away game.  

Because it makes our fans look like hicks... plus it paints the club in a poor light especially when it goes national (which it has)

If the petition garnered 3 or 4000 signatures that would be a statement, 400 in 5 days is pointless

12 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Because it makes our fans look like hicks... plus it paints the club in a poor light especially when it goes national (which it has)

If the petition garnered 3 or 4000 signatures that would be a statement, 400 in 5 days is pointless

I don't think that the numbers who sign are important. 

The point is that it had got to the stage where some supporters feel it's critical enough to create a petition 

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

The point is that it had got to the stage where some supporters feel it's critical enough to create a petition 

Yet these same people never created a petition when we were bottom of L1 under SOD and any other abysmal run we've been on. And lets be honest, there has been plenty of them down the years

12 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I suspect that if you feel that the numbers on a petition aren't important then you may have misunderstood the relevance of a petition.

13 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Yet these same people never created a petition when we were bottom of L1 under SOD and any other abysmal run we've been on. And lets be honest, there has been plenty of them down the years

Online petitions have gained popularity in general, over the last year or so. I think the appearance of the petition has more to do with that, than the motivation of the supporter in question.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:15, Alessandro said:

I've read plenty of vitriol. I won't troll through your points to prove you right or wrong. But you've been more than 'vocal' in your opposition to LJ from the very start and are regularly disparaging of SL. Of course critisim comes with the territory in football, I've yet to hear anything balanced from you though. 

Eitherway. I was thinking about what someone wrote today "what is it that people who still 'support' LJ see in him that we don't?"

I personally don't see anything in him that others don't. 

I just have a different view towards the opinion of some about 'to sack or not to sack'. Not if LJ is up to the job or not, because if you boil it down, it really should be as simple as that, but I believe it is really is not.

I'm wondering why you have introduced "disparaging of SL" when he is not subject of this thread and I have not mentioned him. Rather than obsessing on what I may or may not have said on unrelated issues, why not concentrate on the topic of the thread.

You complain you have not seen "balance" from me, which implies that I have alternative positive views about Johnson as a manager, which you cannot say unless you claim to know what is in my mind. "Balance" would be if I discussed what I think the manager's good points are; if I don't think as a manager he has any, then there would be nothing else to say. But even if I do think the manager has good points, there is no rule that says these must be listed alongside the criticisms.

You may have read vitriol against LJ but not from me. Criticism is not vitriol.

We were well into the current run before I voiced criticism of Johnson this season. The final straw was the debacle of the Reading game, where the master plan was to allow our opponents 72% possession mostly in our half and rely on breakaways to score, as though we were playing some sort of Championship Harlem Globe Trotters.

I said on day one the appointment of LJ was hilarious. That's what I thought but it's turning out not much of a joke, and I haven't seen a lot beyond the hyperbole to merit any balance. In the round, he appears to fall short by a long way and has to go.

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Have you ever considered that this poor fan may be dyslexic?

25 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The person who created this petition isn't so no...

Plus look at other comments, some fine but others are pathetic, thats why it makes our fans look like hicks.. nothing to do with dyslexia so don't even attempt that kinda crap

50 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

The person who created this petition isn't so no...

Plus look at other comments, some fine but others are pathetic, thats why it makes our fans look like hicks.. nothing to do with dyslexia so don't even attempt that kinda crap

I didn't say all posters, I just said this one may have it, but, don't let that get in the way of your usual downing remarks,  Kido!

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

I said on day one the appointment of LJ was hilarious. That's what I thought but it's turning out not much of a joke, and I haven't seen a lot beyond the hyperbole to merit any balance. In the round, he appears to fall short by a long way and has to go.

I really think the balance is that Lee came in and took us from the bottom of the Championship to a respectable safety. I think further balance comes in the fact that he achieved a respectable start to the season having attracted ( with help and cash) several good players as well as travelling to the home of Tammy in order to meet his parents and persuade them and him that BCFC was a good place to come - and he's scored 20 goals in return. I'm not saying LJ is the right guy for the job any more- but please don't make out he was a joke appointment or that he's never done anything positive to warrant some of your comments.

31 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I didn't say all posters, I just said this one may have it, but, don't let that get in the way of your usual downing remarks,  Kido!

The best way to confirm what you may or may not think about the literacy or otherwise of many of those who have joined in this petition is to go on the site and read the comments attached to the votes. Even the most politically correct observer will come to the conclusion that a disproportionately large number can't string a cohesive sentence together and find insulting aggression/rage as a perfectly acceptable way of expressing discontentment with Lee Johnson.

15 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I really think the balance is that Lee came in and took us from the bottom of the Championship to a respectable safety. I think further balance comes in the fact that he achieved a respectable start to the season having attracted ( with help and cash) several good players as well as travelling to the home of Tammy in order to meet his parents and persuade them and him that BCFC was a good place to come - and he's scored 20 goals in return. I'm not saying LJ is the right guy for the job any more- but please don't make out he was a joke appointment or that he's never done anything positive to warrant some of your comments.

We were not even in a relegation place when Johnson took charge for first time, let alone bottom.

As for the end to last season and the beginning of this, it's not quite so impressive when put into perspective.

Johnson won one more game than he lost in 2015/16, but it is overlooked that we had a relatively easy run in - 5 of the 7 wins came against teams that finished 16th, 19th, 20th, 23rd and 24th.

The good start to this season included wins against Wigan, Burton (a lucky win at that), Blackburn, Forest and Villa who at the time were struggling big time. Admittedly the other wins against Leeds and Fulham were good ones.

Any suggestion that Johnson visiting the home of a player has a major  bearing on them signing (over and above say wages, first team prospects, proximity to home) is ridiculous; he's Lee Johnson not Sir Alex Ferguson.

With the squad inherited plus the purchase of a further 23 players, we are in a woeful position, not just in terms of league position and results but also the obvious disharmony within the squad. A squad which has been put together let us not forget, talking of hyperbole, relying heavily on looking at a player's "DNA" before signing.

I thought the appointment was a joke and have seen very little to convince me otherwise.

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

I'm wondering why you have introduced "disparaging of SL" when he is not subject of this thread and I have not mentioned him. Rather than obsessing on what I may or may not have said on unrelated issues, why not concentrate on the topic of the thread.

You complain you have not seen "balance" from me, which implies that I have alternative positive views about Johnson as a manager, which you cannot say unless you claim to know what is in my mind. "Balance" would be if I discussed what I think the manager's good points are; if I don't think as a manager he has any, then there would be nothing else to say. But even if I do think the manager has good points, there is no rule that says these must be listed alongside the criticisms.

You may have read vitriol against LJ but not from me. Criticism is not vitriol.

We were well into the current run before I voiced criticism of Johnson this season. The final straw was the debacle of the Reading game, where the master plan was to allow our opponents 72% possession mostly in our half and rely on breakaways to score, as though we were playing some sort of Championship Harlem Globe Trotters.

I thought about bothering to reply in depth to you and then remembered you are never wrong so it won't waste my time going around in circles again.

But I will leave this malicious little quote of yours, that I would say quite clearly goes beyond 'criticism' and well into 'vitriol'. But I already know you'll disagree with me even on that.

I will never forgive Johnson for what he did at Leyton Orient and while it has no bearing on that I am being proved right about him as a shit manager, it as an absolute disgrace that after that, Lansdown appointed him as our manager in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I thought about bothering to reply in depth to you and then remembered you are never wrong so it won't waste my time going around in circles again.

But I will leave this malicious little quote of yours, that I would say quite clearly goes beyond 'criticism' and well into 'vitriol'. But I already know you'll disagree with me even on that.

I will never forgive Johnson for what he did at Leyton Orient and while it has no bearing on that I am being proved right about him as a shit manager, it as an absolute disgrace that after that, Lansdown appointed him as our manager in the first place.

•  

You have just brought up again that LJ once gave a 2 fingered salute to his own supporters. That is deserving of vitriol but was for his action as a player.

No vitriol from me for anything he has done as a manager. 

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

You have just brought up again that LJ once gave a 2 fingered salute to his own supporters. That is deserving of vitriol but was for his action as a player.

No vitriol from me for anything he has done as a manager. 

You said you've 'never forgiven him' for what he did there.

This suggests someone with a grudge. The incident offended you at the time and as you say you've never forgiven him, so you are still aggrieved.

Couple that with your numerous quotes about you thinking the appointment was a 'joke' from the very start suggests someone who is not thinking particularly impartially, but with a little too much emotion perhaps. Regardless of any facts about his management you may care to share.

Add to that the fact you disappeared into the shadows when results were going our way, only to return when the rot sets to on numerous occasions, not just critise him, but boarder on ranty (what was that afternoon in pub? You should be careful) and label him 'shit'.

All these things point to me someone thinking more emotionally, not with a great deal of balance. You've been against him from the very start. And that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

But for me the lack of balance means I cannot take much you say seriously. Anyone can see straight through your emotional posts, to your agenda. 

Why you now seem to want to deny or hide your vitriol is surprising, but it shouldn't be, I guess. I would class comments like 'look the Johnson family are here now' if someone supports LJ or labellling him 'shit', or who goes around saying 'I told you so' as malicious, personally. 

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

We were not even in a relegation place when Johnson took charge for first time, let alone bottom.

As for the end to last season and the beginning of this, it's not quite so impressive when put into perspective.

Johnson won one more game than he lost in 2015/16, but it is overlooked that we had a relatively easy run in - 5 of the 7 wins came against teams that finished 16th, 19th, 20th, 23rd and 24th.

The good start to this season included wins against Wigan, Burton (a lucky win at that), Blackburn, Forest and Villa who at the time were struggling big time. Admittedly the other wins against Leeds and Fulham were good ones.

Any suggestion that Johnson visiting the home of a player has a major  bearing on them signing (over and above say wages, first team prospects, proximity to home) is ridiculous; he's Lee Johnson not Sir Alex Ferguson.

With the squad inherited plus the purchase of a further 23 players, we are in a woeful position, not just in terms of league position and results but also the obvious disharmony within the squad. A squad which has been put together let us not forget, talking of hyperbole, relying heavily on looking at a player's "DNA" before signing.

I thought the appointment was a joke and have seen very little to convince me otherwise.

On the 2nd Feb 2016 we were 22nd  in the League and in the final relegation place 1 point ahead of Charlton and 4 points above bottom placed Bolton. LJ took over on 6th Feb- we won the next game and climbed above the relegation places. He went on to win seven games and end the season 12 points above the relegation zone.

I'm sorry if the facts interfere with your point of view. 

The whole Barnsley thing is another re-writing of history - he had won a place at Wembley in the JPT and was in promotion form having got over a dire run similar to what he sadly achieved at BCFC. But- hey- that was all to do with his assistant.

I'm not saying LJ shouldn't be sacked- I'm just saying that he's not the Anti-Christ either. I was talking about balance.

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The best way to confirm what you may or may not think about the literacy or otherwise of many of those who have joined in this petition is to go on the site and read the comments attached to the votes. Even the most politically correct observer will come to the conclusion that a disproportionately large number can't string a cohesive sentence together and find insulting aggression/rage as a perfectly acceptable way of expressing discontentment with Lee Johnson.

OK, fair enough, but even though I didn't agree with LJ's appointment, I an not interested in seeing any petition to get him sacked, as I think it is a waste of time and totally useless. The only person who will sack him is SL and hopefully it won't be too long coming. Like lot's of posters, I just can't see him turning the form around and the longer SL sticks with him the harder it will be for Pemberton or a new manager to get us out of this relegation fight. I really hope I am wrong and LJ does the trick, but honestly, I just can't see it.

40 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

OK, fair enough, but even though I didn't agree with LJ's appointment, I an not interested in seeing any petition to get him sacked, as I think it is a waste of time and totally useless. The only person who will sack him is SL and hopefully it won't be too long coming. Like lot's of posters, I just can't see him turning the form around and the longer SL sticks with him the harder it will be for Pemberton or a new manager to get us out of this relegation fight. I really hope I am wrong and LJ does the trick, but honestly, I just can't see it.

Imo and it really is imo, the time for sacking was several weeks ago and now we have to rely on LJ and whether or not he can pull victory from the jaws of defeat.

Any change now will be a temporary one and a flip of the coin for us all.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

You've been against him from the very start. And that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

But for me the lack of balance means I cannot take much you say seriously. Anyone can see straight through your emotional posts, to your agenda. 

I haven't been against him. Nowhere have I ever said I want him and therefore our club to fail.

What I correctly predicted - at this moment in time, although so long as he is still here I could still be proved wrong - is he would be a poor choice as manager.

As said before, I gave him every chance well into this abysmal run, until the embarrassment of putting the white flag up against Reading.

My agenda is I would quite like to see Bristol City given the chance to succeed. You brought SL into it earlier, so I suppose I could add I do not blame Johnson that he is not up to the job, what I do say is the choice of managers has become over the years, Cotterill aside, increasingly bizarre.

I've deleted the rest of your rant but it is quite funny you seem to take a lot of notice of what I say and can even memorise some of it word for word.

51 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

On the 2nd Feb 2016 we were 22nd  in the League and in the final relegation place 1 point ahead of Charlton and 4 points above bottom placed Bolton. LJ took over on 6th Feb- we won the next game and climbed above the relegation places. He went on to win seven games and end the season 12 points above the relegation zone.

Johnson was announced as manager on the morning of the Charlton game, he had nothing to do with the result of that game. The table after Charlton and so before Johnson's first game in charge:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table/2016-02-06

City 2 places above relegation. So any claim Johnson "saved" us from relegation is factually incorrect.

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You may have a point here- couldn't help but notice this:

"i am sighning because I am fed up with the money that Johnson spent on players it is descusted"

and then there's blissful irony:

"Signing because the club hierarchy will not listen to the fans" ( laugh out loud irony)

So in 5 days there are 401 signatures.

I'm struggling to see what was wrong with the guy who said he signed it because the club hierarchy won't listen to the fans.  Well thats his opinion and seems a fair one to me

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

I haven't been against him. Nowhere have I ever said I want him and therefore our club to fail.

What I correctly predicted - at this moment in time, although so long as he is still here I could still be proved wrong - is he would be a poor choice as manager.

As said before, I gave him every chance well into this abysmal run, until the embarrassment of putting the white flag up against Reading.

My agenda is I would quite like to see Bristol City given the chance to succeed. You brought SL into it earlier, so I suppose I could add I do not blame Johnson that he is not up to the job, what I do say is the choice of managers has become over the years, Cotterill aside, increasingly bizarre.

I've deleted the rest of your rant but it is quite funny you seem to take a lot of notice of what I say and can even memorise some of it word for word.

Johnson was announced as manager on the morning of the Charlton game, he had nothing to do with the result of that game. The table after Charlton and so before Johnson's first game in charge:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table/2016-02-06

City 2 places above relegation. So any claim Johnson "saved" us from relegation is factually incorrect.

In your opinion

41 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

I'm struggling to see what was wrong with the guy who said he signed it because the club hierarchy won't listen to the fans.  Well thats his opinion and seems a fair one to me

What I find hilarious and clearly lost on you is that someone who signs a petition giving the reason because  the "hierarchy  does not listen to the fans".

So if they don't listen to the fans then how is a petition any more relevant than booing, a bed sheet, phone call or letter?

If you're struggling to see that then there's not much more I can add.

As I've previously posted, I've been in LJ's corner until now but it's obvious to "Blind Freddie" that his appointment hasn't worked.

I think he's a good guy & his love for the club can't be questioned but please please SL, enough is enough. He/his team have brought some good players into the club & with the right leadership should be good enough to get us to safety. He has definately been let down by some of his senior player/signings & I'm not putting Wilbs in that group because imo he's been the ultimate pro but time has caught up with his body. His insistance to keep mixing the team around, making statements on how good our young players are but failure to play them & BR instantly comes to mind, would love to see Bobby in the mix now with Taylor.

Bringing Cotts back on loan could be our saviour because again imo, he along with the new signings & the correct leadership (maybe Pembo) until the end of season could get us out of the 5hit with their no-nonsence approach.

I would dearly love LJ to prove me wrong because I feel he has so much to offer but not just yet.:fingerscrossed:

Just off to get my tin hat, :gasmask:COYR's.

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

To remind ourselves of the facts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Bristol_City_F.C._season

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_full - quite a good site if you want a blow by blow history of how City were doing weekly e.g. City had been in the bottom 3 for 6 weeks since Boxing day 2015 till Feb 6th 2016

On the day LJ took over, I believe City were in the bottom 3 - we won that day and this took us out of the bottom 3 and I don't believe we dropped back into the bottom 3 again that season. It is fair to say that LJ can not be given credit for taking us out of the bottom 3, however, it can be said that Johnson has never taken us into the bottom 3.

BTW, the form (from the stats site) for last 6 games puts us above: Blackburn, QPR, Brentford, Birmingham, Aston Villa and Rotherham.

11 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Have you considered that he isn't dyslexic? :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I really think someone's literacy skills should never be a public issue on otib.  It isn't as though the rest of us are perfect.

I think for something like this it makes people take it less seriously. Some of the errors are basic, really basic. All it would take is the normal spell checker on a computer to get rid of them. I think if it was written eloquently, it would have maybe double the signatures. 

People write good match reports with poor grammar and spelling on this forum, but they will always get far less 'likes' than @Olé's excellently written ones for example. If people are reading a block of text, they're far more likely to persevere with it if it's easy to read and well written.

Archived