IGNORED

LJ petition (Merged)

Eddie Notgetinya

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Well if you think this is really bad, then you've obviously had a very sheltered life!!

Things have been a lot worse in the past, to the level of nearly not actually having a club to support at all.

We've lost some games!! Big deal!! What gives us a god given right to win games?

People need to get a serious grip on reality, we've spent a fraction of what 95% of other clubs in this division have spent over the last 5 years & yet all of a sudden the expectations have rocketed with substance to back it up!!

Our record transfer is lower than 95% of the division & that player struggles to play because his form has been so poor!!

I'm not sure why so many people believe we are entitled to win games or do better in the league than what we are.

No one has a god given right to win games, we have been in this division for a year & a half & have only been able to benefit on the funds from doing so for a year & a half!!

90% of this division have reaped the financial rewards of being in this division or from being in The Premier League for much longer than we've been in The Championship & a fair few teams (Wigan included) will still be picking up vast sums from parachute payments!!

We are a very small fish in a much bigger pond & as things stand, on reputation alone, we can't compete with 80% of the clubs in this division because like it or not, they have been here longer than us or have a recent history of being in The Premier League!!

Our good start to the season meant that some supporters got overexcited & started dreaming about promotion to The Premier League when in reality we were batting well above our level.

Welcome to reality, we have a club to support & are in a much better position than some clubs but that's just not good enough for some!!

Just be careful what you wish for because those slagging SL off, ask Blackburn, Blackpool, Portsmouth, Charlton & Hull who they'd rather have in charge & I can bet the majority of clubs in Britain wish they had an SL in charge of their football club!!

Well said.

Bad runs happen all the time to pretty much any club... heck it happens to us on nearly a seasonal basis, the thing is now with social media, any kind of bad press like those pathetic banners or this petition will be jumped upon and its only a matter of time before its in the national gaze making us a bigger laughing stock

9 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Well this petition is pretty embarrassing - First thing I read was "Lee Johnson is a ****" (who said people who want LJ gone aren't thinking emotionally?) - but it has got good coverage on OTIB, Facebook and the now the BEP. 

So interestingly for me, whether you want him gone or not, we will soon find out what 'majority of fans' means once and for all. 

24 hours in and 200 odd signatures.

How many fans were at the last home game? 

Probaly took those 200 24 hours to remember how to spell their name to put on the petition !!

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Probaly took those 200 24 hours to remember how to spell their name to put on the petition !!

Bravo, more sneering, you carry on patronising people for signing a position, what's far more worth laughing at is our terrible form and lack of any ideas both on and off the pitch, but never mind just laugh at someone trying to change someone on the only way they know how. 

20 hours ago, Spike said:

What I don't understand is the mentality of our fans. I say this because when we have no manager and are about to make an appointment you see posts like "whoever we appoint they need time to do their job" but the second we have a manager who isn't getting the results it turns straight to "they need to go!". 

I guess what these fans mean is "we want a manager who will never let us get anywhere near relegation in any league".  :blink:

Not quite more along the lines of "we want a manager who doesn't spend 10x more than anyone else has ever done in one season then go on to the worst losing record in our 120+ year history without showing any real signs of improvement".

1 hour ago, cynic said:

The idiot that started the petition says he'll hand it in when it reaches 500.

500 ? WTF does that prove other than there are 499 people like him ?

The club will file it - in the bin where it belongs.

SL needs to come out and tell the fans exactly why he is so convinced LJ is the right man for this club, when results do not justify his position, or is it just that SL wants to save face and not admit to yet  another poor managerial appointment 

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Well if you think this is really bad, then you've obviously had a very sheltered life!!

Things have been a lot worse in the past, to the level of nearly not actually having a club to support at all.

We've lost some games!! Big deal!! What gives us a god given right to win games?

People need to get a serious grip on reality, we've spent a fraction of what 95% of other clubs in this division have spent over the last 5 years & yet all of a sudden the expectations have rocketed with no substance to back it up!!

Our record transfer is lower than 95% of the division & that player struggles to play because his form has been so poor!!

I'm not sure why so many people believe we are entitled to win games or do better in the league than what we are.

No one has a god given right to win games, we have been in this division for a year & a half & have only been able to benefit on the funds from doing so for a year & a half!!

90% of this division have reaped the financial rewards of being in this division or from being in The Premier League for much longer than we've been in The Championship & a fair few teams (Wigan included) will still be picking up vast sums from parachute payments!!

We are a very small fish in a much bigger pond & as things stand, on reputation alone, we can't compete with 80% of the clubs in this division because like it or not, they have been here longer than us or have a recent history of being in The Premier League!!

Our good start to the season meant that some supporters got overexcited & started dreaming about promotion to The Premier League when in reality we were batting well above our level.

Welcome to reality, we have a club to support & are in a much better position than some clubs but that's just not good enough for some!!

Just be careful what you wish for because those slagging SL off, ask Blackburn, Blackpool, Portsmouth, Charlton & Hull who they'd rather have in charge & I can bet the majority of clubs in Britain wish they had an SL in charge of their football club!!

Thanks for the lesson but after 55 adult years of supporting city I think i have seen more ups and downs than you. I am well capable of forming an opinion based on what I see and I have seen plenty of poor managers in my time, he's up there with them.  As for 'lost SOME games'  :grr:

2 hours ago, B block said:

Bravo, more sneering, you carry on patronising people for signing a position, what's far more worth laughing at is our terrible form and lack of any ideas both on and off the pitch, but never mind just laugh at someone trying to change someone on the only way they know how. 

Get a life , seriously . A petition to change a football manager ?? You are making us a laughing stock.

national press stories about the thickest of city fans who are just an embarrassment to themselves and the club. 

And to say when it reaches 500 your going to hand it into the club?? Really? 

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Get a life , seriously . A petition to change a football manager ?? You are making us a laughing stock.

national press stories about the thickest of city fans who are just an embarrassment to themselves and the club. 

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I think you will find I was not championing the petition per say but his right to create it, or anyone else for that matter to sign it, as for laughing stock you carry on happy clapping in to division 1 and then see whose being laughed at

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Why be so aggressive against someone with their heart in the right place as regards City?

It's not the fans who embarrass the club but the way the club is run, BS et al. That I find truly and deeply embarrassing.  

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Why be so aggressive against someone with their heart in the right place as regards City?

It's not the fans who embarrass the club but the way the club is run, BS et al. That I find truly and deeply embarrassing.  

Well I could not disagree with that anymore if I tried!! Heart in the right place, really? Cheap publicity stunt who ends up making every city fan look like the thick idiot who come up with this stupid petition !!!

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Happy clapping? I think LJ should go now, but I'm not naive or stupid enough to think a petition made up by some spotty 12 year old in his grotty bedroom is going to have any effect or not should it. Just embarrassing ! 

I actually don't think it will make one jot of difference, however it certainly will not cement his position,which at the moment would seem rock solid. So if it highlights his faults even more than he has himself then however embarrassed people may feel it would be worth more than doing nothing. 

Also may I add you seem to think I started the petition ? Which I have not

2 minutes ago, B block said:

I actually don't think it will make one jot of difference, however it certainly will not cement his position,which at the moment would seem rock solid. So if it highlights his faults even more than he has himself then however embarrassed people may feel it would be worth more than doing nothing. 

Also may I add you seem to think I started the petition ? Which I have not

I don't think you started it, I just find it strange why anyone who claims to have half a brain cell would seem to think it's a good idea to have a petition ?? 

4 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

In all fairness, we're only in a better position now because we have a new stadium and a better squad. From a football and points perspective, we've not improved a jot - which doesn't reflect well at all on Johnson considering how much money he's spent.

Fair one. But this time last year I was convinced we were doomed. I don't have that feeling this year. I may be in a minority though!

11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I was particularly embarrassed by the way he saved our season last season. I was hanging my head in shame........

The changes were made by Pemberton. He sat in the stands at Charlton and can have little credit for that, all LJ had to do was not change much. He didn't

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Fair one. But this time last year I was convinced we were doomed. I don't have that feeling this year. I may be in a minority though!

The way I remember it was We were doomed until Pemberton et al took over from SC. LJ simply didn't do that it was already done for him. I simply don't see where the next win is coming from. Lose to Fulham and I'm not sure where we go. It seems so many are hanging their caps on a home win next Wednesday. I hope they are right!!

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The way I remember it was We were doomed until Pemberton et al took over from SC. LJ simply didn't do that it was already done for him. I simply don't see where the next win is coming from. Lose to Fulham and I'm not sure where we go. It seems so many are hanging their caps on a home win next Wednesday. I hope they are right!!

So basically it was all down to Pembo when we were picking up wins and down to LJ when we are losing?

Don't buy that, praise and criticism should be given to LJ. Last season if we were losing a game, LJ recognised where we were failing and changed tactics, made subs.. prime example being Fulham.

How posters can fail to give praise when it's due but are happy dishing out criticism is beyond me...

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If we lose to Fulham he needs to go. Cannot survive that. If he does then there is fundamentally something wrong at our club 

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So basically it was all down to Pembo when we were picking up wins and down to LJ when we are losing?

Don't buy that, praise and criticism should be given to LJ. Last season if we were losing a game, LJ recognised where we were failing and changed tactics, made subs.. prime example being Fulham.

How posters can fail to give praise when it's due but are happy dishing out criticism is beyond me...

Exactly. It's bizarre that people want to remove ANY credit from LJ for his part in our survival. Yes, of course Pemberton & Elliot played a part, but people go on as if LJ just came in and did absolutely nothing for three months.

10 minutes ago, Robin Friday's ghost said:

Better worry about trying to get a ticket in you're red stadium. Seeing u get massive crowds. Aaah that right u have always had shit support 

Archived