IGNORED

Tour of the new facilities - West Stand

Dollymarie

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't like it personally ( Not that matters one jot because I certainly won't be using the facilities !) 

all looks a bit dark, cold and clinical for me

Looks like one of those depressing convention centres a lot of us have had to spend time in.  Hardly motivating and instilling a sense of history is it?

Just now, RumRed said:

Looks like one of those depressing convention centres a lot of us have had to spend time in.  Hardly motivating and instilling a sense of history is it?

That's a good comparison for me 

Assume the players and staff had a say so they must approve 

it doesn't shout out 'This is Bristol City' does it

Because of the eggg chasers I guess

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't like it personally ( Not that matters one jot because I certainly won't be using the facilities !) 

all looks a bit dark, cold and clinical for me

I'd say it's very Wembley but nicer. Top quality throughout the stadium, how can you not want to come and play here, ah yes the all important league position, which it's what it's all about at the end of the day. 

Those baths look a tad narrow for most of the rugby blokes mind you!

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The pictures taken with the place empty and with no natural light don't show the place at its best.

Often new places need time to create their own 'history' otherwise it feels fabricated.

Not sure what people expect, perhaps they have an example of what they do expect? A comparison maybe?

For me, it's a hundred times better than what was there before, state of the art and what any aspiring modern football club would want.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That's a good comparison for me 

Assume the players and staff had a say so they must approve 

it doesn't shout out 'This is Bristol City' does it

Because of the eggg chasers I guess

I bet they're not allowed blu tack to put up posters on match day either, makes a right mess of the paintwork.

Pictures of our greats interspersed with the rugby lots wouldn't bother me,  just something!

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'd say it's very Wembley but nicer. Top quality throughout the stadium, how can you not want to come and play here, ah yes the all important league position, which it's what it's all about at the end of the day. 

Those baths look a tad narrow for most of the rugby blokes mind you!

The modern world where everything loses its personality sadly - Change the photos and it could be Hull , Port Vales or Chelseas dressing room IMHO

(Accept that the all mod cons can / should only be a positive)

Im so thankful we didn't get planning permission for the village green - at least the stadium still has a uniqueness about it and still retains the same roots - If you blanked the players - watch a game on TV now and it's wouldn't be obvious who was playing and where

Archived