IGNORED

Tour of the new facilities - West Stand

Dollymarie

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Thought you'd like that one!

I do find it a tad sad that our dressing room isn't a blaze of red and white, some nice red leather seats :thumbsup: 

Keep the away dressing room grey and black :thumbsup:

I fully accept that with SL comes Bristol Sport 

Its just a shame, think we lose a chunk of identity if I'm honest

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I do find it a tad sad that our dressing room isn't a blaze of red and white

I fully accept that with SL comes Bristol Sport 

Its just a shame, think we lose a chunk of identity if I'm honest

I'd like to say 'times move on' but looking at the league table suggests otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I took the photo after I'd laid us out 4-4-2 :D 

Dare I say it, maybe you need to apply for an assistant coach role at City ;)

As to the photos, typical of any new abode. Give it a little bit of time and I'd expect it to look like a home.

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The modern world where everything loses its personality sadly - Change the photos and it could be Hull , Port Vales or Chelseas dressing room IMHO

(Accept that the all mod cons can / should only be a positive)

Im so thankful we didn't get planning permission for the village green - at least the stadium still has a uniqueness about it and still retains the same roots - If you blanked the players - watch a game on TV now and it's wouldn't be obvious who was playing and where

I know what you mean. Sometimes when they film tv dramas in football grounds I like to try to guess the ground, they are pretending it's some made up place but you could tell it was Upton Park or somewhere instantly. Now it's much harder as they do all look similarish.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Difficult to tell from a photo but , is it just me , or do these seats , cushions , hinges and general build suggest that they might not last a long season of frustrated footballers and rugby players

Im sure they are not , but they look as if they've been built with MDF !!

IMG_9139.JPG

So who will be the first player to mistake that for a toilet! 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Difficult to tell from a photo but , is it just me , or do these seats , cushions , hinges and general build suggest that they might not last a long season of frustrated footballers and rugby players

IMG_9139.JPG

Nope the build quality on them is pretty decent I'd say. The lids are heavy and they have those hinges that mean they soft close. As in you can't bang them up and down. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nope the build quality on them is pretty decent I'd say. The lids are heavy and they have those hinges that mean they soft close. As in you can't bang them up and down. 

And that's what's wrong with this club, too soft!

I reckon Hunter might have been able to break the hinges with just a look though...

Seriously, thanks for the pics though very interesting.

8 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

What's the demographic of the FAN committee please ? 

I'm the only girl. There's 20 or so of us. Maybe two or three of my age group. Most are older (40's upwards) 

There are reps from the SC&T, the disabled fans (three of those) the senior reds (two of those) and then a collection of other fans who put themselves forwards. There are elections in the close season if anyone else wishes to stand. 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

IMG_9139.JPG

As you know, I'm all for LJ staying, I like him...However I'm really surprised someone hasn't photo shopped LJ jumping out of that seat, with a headline 'Joke in a box' ;-)

Lovely pics Dolly...thanks for sharing :-)

Dolls, now we know what you got for Xmas.................a lovely shining new Kodak Instamatic...................bl***y shame you only had 24 films on the roll, get a 36 film and take more next time, especially in the bath :whistle:  Thanks for sharing with us. ( By the way on the comment on the brickwork, have passed on to my nephew who was one of the bricklayers :laughcont: )

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm the only girl. There's 20 or so of us. Maybe two or three of my age group. Most are older (40's upwards) 

There are reps from the SC&T, the disabled fans (three of those) the senior reds (two of those) and then a collection of other fans who put themselves forwards. There are elections in the close season if anyone else wishes to stand. 

I'm 38, and not the only bloke...

And yes, we need more women to attend.

I'm not actually officially a member. I'm down as "guest" and have attended the last three meetings.

Great photos, Dolly. Was a real privilege being shown around. And Adam Baker's such a nice bloke.

Archived