IGNORED

A time to remember

WTFiGO!?!

That Donowa goal was a fantastic moment - pandemonium in the central section of the EE, especially with the goal coming after Hollowhead's penalty miss.

Another one that stands out for me is the 5-4 win at Mansfield. I've never experienced euphoria like that at any other "normal" league game. From that moment when Roberts scored the winner onwards (wild celebrations in the away end, trouble in the car park afterwards, journey home, phoning my dad who had switched off the radio commentary when we went 4-2 down and still thought we had lost) everything was a happy blur. I'm still so glad I went to that game.

Special mention also goes to Flint getting his hat-trick in the 8-2 thrashing of Walsall. That's still my kids' favourite game. The uniqueness of a defender getting three goals topped off a fab day in a game that had been a bit flat at the start. Lots of happy singing in the Hen and Chicken afterwards as well.

15 hours ago, Spoons said:

Best footballing day of my life 27th December 2001, Cardiff city 1 Bristol city 3. 

Loved it for many reasons. I hate Cardiff, the atmosphere was the most intense I've ever watched city play in, build up pre match was amazing was with all my mates and it was the day I realised that was the day as a17 year old that I couldn't live without bristol city!! 

I was in the home stand for that game, due to being drunk on Xmas Eve and accepting the offer of a season ticket from my Cardiff supporting mates (one of them couldn't make the game, but what they didn't tell me was that my seat was away from the other two mates....!). Typical City; when I'm hoping for a dull 0-0, they overturn a 1-0 deficit, romp to a glorious away victory and I can't celebrate any of the goals. I'm not sure what was worse, having to politely applaud the Cardiff goal or not celebrate any of ours. Still I did get away unscathed and it was actually more dangerous in the away end, I wasn't in the stand where all the real nutters were.  

8 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Paul Mardon scoring at Forest league cup semi.....pandemonium

The correct answer. A complete (and none too fragrant) stranger kissed me!

The away game at Watford in the 97-98 promotion season when Shaun Goater ran from his own half, towards the 3000 of us behind the goal and put us 1-0 up was pretty good too, it felt like we sucked the ball into the net.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

League Cup Quarter Final 1989 away at Bradford City midweek - we scored in the first minute, absolute bedlam. We had seven matches in January 1989 (including three Cup games) - we lost the other six, including 0-1 at home to the gas, but this little nugget was buried in the middle of them!

FA Cup 2nd Round 1983 away at Rovers - Martyn Hirst, absolute bedlam! We were on our way back!

Was on Cats that game as a young un.  Joe Jordan colossus that night kicking anything that moved 

11 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I was in the home stand for that game, due to being drunk on Xmas Eve and accepting the offer of a season ticket from my Cardiff supporting mates (one of them couldn't make the game, but what they didn't tell me was that my seat was away from the other two mates....!). Typical City; when I'm hoping for a dull 0-0, they overturn a 1-0 deficit, romp to a glorious away victory and I can't celebrate any of the goals. I'm not sure what was worse, having to politely applaud the Cardiff goal or not celebrate any of ours. Still I did get away unscathed and it was actually more dangerous in the away end, I wasn't in the stand where all the real nutters were.  

Was my first experience in being drenched in p**s!! I naively asked my mate , why is that Cardiff fan peeing in his coke bottle? The next minute there were Probaly 10/15 bottles chucked at us and it was so jammed in the away end you just had to let it hit you!! 

Ah well it was worth it though! 

Lee Matthews has never hit a ball so sweet.

Agree with many of the memories on here. But for us oldies surely it has to be "that game" at Coventry to stay in the top division and send Sunderland down. Unbelievable, never seen anything like it, last 15 mins or so at 2-2 neither team wanted to attack, over 15000 City fans ecstatic and even more Coventry as well. A quite astonishing experience and all on the pitch at the end!

10 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

The correct answer. A complete (and none too fragrant) stranger kissed me!

The away game at Watford in the 97-98 promotion season when Shaun Goater ran from his own half, towards the 3000 of us behind the goal and put us 1-0 up was pretty good too, it felt like we sucked the ball into the net.

Good memory stirrer :thumbsup:

Hadnt remembered that one - you describe it well too

Can relive it as if it was yesterday :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Wow didn't remember that Bob. Was it Carl Shutt that got the winner?

An amazing night and a day off school due to being tired!!

Alan Walsh - third ? Minute ? - very early at least

Remember the Big red digital clock showing how many bloody minutes were left for the remaining 80 odd ?

Tammy vs Burton earlier this season! On the train home I made comments such as;

"There isn't a better defensive partnership than Flint and Maggers"

"Tammy will go to Russia 2018"

"Good teams play poorly and win"

"We'll definitely make play-offs, it's just whether we can put a run together and aim higher"

:(

Donowa goal for me, after years of not beating the Gas.  Made even better because Holloway missed a pen.  Never had the same emotion since that goal... It all went into slow motion when the ball ballooned up off of Parkin, and it is the only time I have lost my voice at a football match.

On 18/02/2017 at 15:09, stephenkibby. said:

Has to be Liverpool home 38,000 plus, another 10,000 locked out, have to win to have any hope of staying up.

Liverpool already league Champions and were 1/0 down.

Two Garland goals (both diving headers from Whitehead crosses I think? or I may be loosing it!!)

The whole ground going mental. all singing City,City,City  in unison is something ill never forget.

The second wasn't a diving header, it was a straight forward header from a cross that Clemence should have caught but made a hash of.

But agree with you, a great occasion. I recall everyone clapping Liverpool onto the pitch that Monday night as they had won the League Championship two days earlier. Just over a week later they won their first European Cup. It has to be admitted that they did rest Keegan and Joey Jones for the City match with the FA Cup Final and European Cup Final their next two fixtures.

Archived