IGNORED

Nice touch by Burnley

Tipps69

51 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Instead of having 11 kids come out with the players as mascots, they had 11 'oldies' come out with the players & do the hand shakes with the Lincoln players.

A very nice touch.

Indeed it was.

No doubt Sean Dyche approved it - if he didn't come up with the idea himself of course.

Top bloke is Dyche and I'd love to see him manage City at some stage in the future.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed it was.

No doubt Sean Dyche approved it - if he didn't come up with the idea himself of course.

Top bloke is Dyche and I'd love to see him manage City at some stage in the future.

Would be a brilliant appointment. Although if some were unwilling to forgive LJ his 'marmite' past as a city player then what chance Dyche based on his playing record here?

4 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Would be a brilliant appointment. Although if some were unwilling to forgive LJ his 'marmite' past as a city player then what chance Dyche based on his playing record here?

Dyche said himself that it didn't work out for him at City largely because he was suffering from a back injury but it would foolish for any City fan to judge his managerial skills on his playing career.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Dyche said himself that it didn't work out for him at City largely because he was suffering from a back injury but it would foolish for any City fan to judge his managerial skills on his playing career.

Agree fully with this although many seemed to write off LJ before he was appointed for similar reasons

11 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Agree fully with this although many seemed to write off LJ before he was appointed for similar reasons

LJ had no track record of managerial success whatsoever. That certainly doesn't apply to Dyche, who I reckon would make a top England manager when Southgate gets sacked.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed it was.

The idea came from an Australian side, can't remember which one but they did it a while ago.

Another thing Burnley did was this, not seen it done anywhere else before. Their shop manager saw us looking and came over to chat to us. He says they do it for every visiting team to try to be welcoming to the fans. Burnley have a new shop, only opened this season and the manager was rightly very pleased with it. We thought this was lovely gesture and told him so, he was positively bursting with pride bless him!

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Fantastic effort and totally deserved.

They hardly looked like conceding all game.

Nice to see Barton playing up again complete T...!!!

I immediately put a fiver on him to score (7/1 at the time). It'd be just the sort of thing he'd do. I'm happy to have lost my stake money

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not really. Better teams than us have gone there and failed to get anything. 

Perhaps, but are we talking about their second team, or their first eleven?  

Regardless; took us two games to beat a League One side in round three - think Lincoln may very well have beat us we're we playing them today.

Archived