IGNORED

Not getting relegated, relax!

DT The Optimist

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

" A new manager doesn't mean success...you only have to look at Zola at Birmingham for that. "

Or you could look at countless examples of the exact opposite dynamic.

…as they did in the BEP.

Well, it was inconclusive.

"Sticking with the same manager doesn't mean success."

19 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

You are spot on Wolf.  SL must be having a 'discussion' at the appropriate time about what has gone on, however the post was that perhaps we only need 12 points from 15 games to stay and avoid the bottom 3 positions (as per history)  Of course, this might be a different year !  

If we are not competent or capable of that then we do deserve to be in this league, in anyway shape or form.  However, the transfer window for us, has been huge.  Taylor will score goals, Hegeler is pure quality, Wright is good, and a new keeper.  Its like the spine of the side has been strengthened  and improved. The side cannot go backwards anymore, can it ?:facepalm:

In no way is wright an improvement on Magners....nor has he improved the side.

Think we need a point a game to squeek home but genuinely have my doubts that we have the fight in the side to do it-they are seemingly not mentally strong together as a group..

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, when you said 'Zola's got no experience' I thought you meant as a manager, not as a championship manager...

9 hours ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

No worries, my fault, badly worded 

Aw bless you both, being all nice and apologetic. :P

Not getting relegated, relax!

City currently 21st in table, current form league (last 10 games):-

QPR - 14 points from possible 30

Wolves - 13 

Burton - 12

Wigan - 12

Forest - 10

Blackburn - 9

Villa - 8

City - 5

Rotherham - 4.

Rotherham are already 'gone', and the two teams below us are catching us at the rate of between 4 and 7 points per 10 games.

:grr:

tfj

48 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Think we need a point a game to squeek home but genuinely have my doubts that we have the fight in the side to do it-they are seemingly not mentally strong together as a group..

I'd agree, and for me it is the fact that we're going from one game to the next with some saying "well, we might not have got anything today, but next game/games in March are all must win..." that has my head spinning.

We need points immediately, because I don't know if we have it in us to claw ourselves out of the pit.

Look at Wigan and Burton; they are already scrapping for their lives, and look to be doing okay at it - better than us in fact.

Below is the table from 26th December 2016, showing the bottom ten sides - since that time, we've gained just five points, with only Rotherham getting fewer (four).  Everyone else is better at getting points than we are.

Wigan and Burton have each made 12, and Blackburn nine; not just a few more, but sizeably more points - they are coming for us (or in Burton's case have come and gone above us).

I'm not here 'being negative', as some have chosen to brand it, but pragmatic - we are not taking enough points-per-game in order to be as complacent as some seem to be; we are in an unquestionably worse scenario then this time last year, and the team need to start playing like they realise this, because nice football for 45 mins isn't going to keep us in this league, results are.

I hate the way Warnock encourage gamesmanship and foul play in pursuit of results, but it is a stone cold fact his teams get get what they need - even our own players have publicly acknowledged we need more of that attitude, but have utterly failed to come through with anything like it on the pitch.

And for those saying "stats don't take account of the transfer window activity", two points; our opponents also got to use it too (Wigan bought a whole new team, with their new keeper winning them a point with a pen save yesterday, and Kightly has been a revelation at Burton since he's arrived), and the players we had prior to January were capable of beating teams like Leeds and Forest, while we have since failed to get anything off the same opponents with much changed sides - does that suggest progress to you?  

Other clubs' fans are actively bemused at why we had radically altered a squad that looked top-half capable when besting them in Autumn, even more so when you explain the players we had them are still around, just not being picked. It's absolutely insane.

I fully expect the penny to drop for many who sit here throwing out vailed accustions of disloyalty at others (because that's what "you're so negative" is implying) when they realise we'll need to hit promotion form over the final ten games or so because we've failed to grab enough in less pressured situations - they'll be howling as loud as anyone when League One looks likely.

I also expect many (far, far too late, I might add) to realise that the much vaunted form of the tail end of last season may have been because of the change of manager, not necessarily the specific manager, a la our immediate lift in form under Pembo (not attributing our safety to him either, but the change itself).  They'll be demanding action too, and there's none so zealous as converts - you watch.

And for the record; every single game I pray that my fears are misplaced, and that LJ's plans and tactics click, and that together with the undoubtably talented group of players we've accumulated, we swagger to the finish line, safe by a number of well earned points taken from impressive performances.  

But there is absolutely nothing beyond absolute blind hope supporting that possibility for me anymore.

We need to start getting results immediately or we've better get ready for League One.

IMG_3070.PNG

Archived