Hegeler

Brownhill

Magnusson

Matthews

Wright

Geifer

Bryan

Cotterill

are all capable of playing in top 8, that's almost a full team. Shows how poorly managed we are.

After with all apart from Giefer, Matthews and Brownhill despite being brilliant recently.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

No Ivor it's a personal attack at all. I'm highlighting how constantly negative you are and it's bleeding draining just reading it. 

So you have no answer to the substantive points. Thought not.

By the way you don't have to read posts you disagree with - although I think that is an odd attitude to take on a forum of debate

Ah well, everyone to his own.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

So you have no answer to the substantive points. Thought not.

By the way you don't have to read posts you disagree with - although I think that is an odd attitude to take on a forum of debate

Ah well, everyone to his own.

How can i disagree with a point if i don't read it ? Yes you are allowed to be worried about things as they stand but out of of say your last 100 to 200 posts how many would have a shred of positivity to them, not many i bet. I'm not happy with things at City at the moment but cheer up ffs mate there's more to life than football.

54 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or another simple q

Which player if any is playing to his full potential

Tammy at his age possibly

Brownhill in flashes ?

None of them playing to their true potential, there is always room for constructive improvement.

eg. Tammy - bit more composure & physical strength.

LT - retain possession, work on fitness.

Flint - awareness, distribution, boss the defence.

MP - look for the killer thru ball.

etc etc

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

I actually don't think it is.

Our GK's aren't the best.

Both right and left backs aren't the best.

Massive question marks of our centre backs.

Weak on the left flank JB for me just too inconsistant.

Lots of money spent, and wasted i'd have to say.

An impartial observer reading this comment might think that half the team is shit. And I thought it was LJ that was responsible for the poor form?:facepalm:

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Bit Harsh to blame Geifer . He's played a handful of games and 3 of the back four in front of him are not good enough. Easy to blame the keeper, just like when loads were slagging Heaton off with Nyatanga and Fontane in front of him.

not blaming Geifer just saying he's not a top 8 championship player. Read the quote.

1 minute ago, man in the middle said:

not blaming Geifer just saying he's not a top 8 championship player. Read the quote.

I just think he needs a bit more time before being judged,he's only played a handful of games after being injured/on the bench for over a year and the English game is more physical than Germany. It will take him time to adjust.

GK's: Lower end Championship/ Top end League one - remain to be convinced by Giefer or Lucic

FB's/WB's: Lower end Championship/Top end League One

CB's: Middle Championship

WM's: Middle to Upper Championship

CM's: Middle to Upper Championship

ST's (inc Tammy): Top end Championship

ST's (minus Tammy): Middle to Upper Championship

We have more than enough to be doing better than we are. I won't mark the manager as I'm not gonna be held accountable for turning another thread into an LJ bashing fest. I've made my thoughts on the matter clear on other threads.

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

GK's: Lower end Championship/ Top end League one - remain to be convinced by Giefer or Lucic

FB's/WB's: Lower end Championship/Top end League One

CB's: Middle Championship

WM's: Middle to Upper Championship

CM's: Middle to Upper Championship

ST's (inc Tammy): Top end Championship

ST's (minus Tammy): Middle to Upper Championship

We have more than enough to be doing better than we are. I won't mark the manager as I'm not gonna be held accountable for turning another thread into an LJ bashing fest. I've made my thoughts on the matter clear on other threads.

I hope Lucic maybe the one for the future that actually comes off. As City we appear to need a talismanic keeper at the heart of the team, it would be nice if Lucic was the one.

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

How can i disagree with a point if i don't read it ? Yes you are allowed to be worried about things as they stand but out of of say your last 100 to 200 posts how many would have a shred of positivity to them, not many i bet. I'm not happy with things at City at the moment but cheer up ffs mate there's more to life than football.

sex with the wife or girlfriend or both.......few pints down the pub............little bet at the bookies.....watching the gas in the conference......ALL a distant memory for us pensioners Stevie :whistle::laughcont::whistle: so City is the only thing left as we cruise to the finishing line :reaper:

43 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

sex with the wife or girlfriend or both.......few pints down the pub............little bet at the bookies.....watching the gas in the conference......ALL a distant memory for us pensioners Stevie :whistle::laughcont::whistle: so City is the only thing left as we cruise to the finishing line :reaper:

Ah great , I've still got a few years of fun ahead hopefully :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

WHO has upset Ivorguy - he has stopped posting??

Whoever it was should be f******g ashamed of themselves.

I know the MODS are not here on the weekend, but it is still a nasty way to behave.

:disapointed2se:

tfj

Thanks! Still here and posted a couple of things, but if people won't or can't debate there is not much I or others can do.

My two pet concerns are

1. Nasty abusive childish comments about Rovers. No way I, or anyone else, will be able to stop them posting such comments.  But I find it deeply depressing

2. Those who support SL and BS who seem to me and a few others blind to huge dangers of the present structure. Again not worth challenging them because they see criticism of current owner and structure as being in some odd way anti City whereas the opposite is the case for we are so concerned about City's future we feel we have to say it as we see it.

Plus, 3. As regards support or criticism of individual players or the Head Coach, I am totally laid back as there will always be healthy disagreement in this area.  I suspect some, had there been otib in The 50s, would even have found something to criticise in John Atyeo! But perhaps not!

45 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks! Still here and posted a couple of things, but if people won't or can't debate there is not much I or others can do.

My two pet concerns are

1. Nasty abusive childish comments about Rovers. No way I, or anyone else, will be able to stop them posting such comments.  But I find it deeply depressing

2. Those who support SL and BS who seem to me and a few others blind to huge dangers of the present structure. Again not worth challenging them because they see criticism of current owner and structure as being in some odd way anti City whereas the opposite is the case for we are so concerned about City's future we feel we have to say it as we see it.

Plus, 3. As regards support or criticism of individual players or the Head Coach, I am totally laid back as there will always be healthy disagreement in this area.  I suspect some, had there been otib in The 50s, would even have found something to criticise in John Atyeo! But perhaps not!

And there's exactly why people don't like you. You present yourself as a know it all, and it would appear you think you're always right. 

26 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

And there's exactly why people don't like you. You present yourself as a know it all, and it would appear you think you're always right. 

How you can possibly say that I really don't know.  

Surprisingly, perhaps to you, is the fact that many people have 'liked' my posts.

And again you indulge in the very abuse I am complaining about on otib. If, as is clear, you don't agree with me why not enter into debate? Everyone that makes a contribution by definition believe they are correct, you included.  You or anyone else is unlikely to post something they believe is wrong.

But I suspect that I shall wait in vain for a more measured response, but I live in hope, however misplaced

@Ivorguy I'm not the biggest fan of the majority of your posts (you may have guessed :P), but, I asked you a few days ago why you felt the way you did about BS, and you answered it, with some useful information that made total sense of your rationale.  It also made me think about it a bit more too, so thanks.

That is an example of not getting blinkered by the poster and your thoughts about that poster.  I could have easily ignored it as 'tosh', but if someone makes the time to post a sensible response to your question, you owe them to read it. of course you can disagree with it too.  Isn't that the point.

So, Ivor, that's a bit of a back-handed compliment....don't expect it to be a regular occurrence!

Archived