IGNORED

We couldn't possibly have beaten

REDOXO

Let's put things into perspective.....We lost to Burnley and never expected to win. Burnley have subsequently been knocked out by non-league Lincoln City. NON-LEAGUE Lincoln City...at HOME. 

We have spent millions and are slip sliding towards the relegation zone.

Our form is dreadful.

We are running out of games.

We are going down.

I'm not optimistic about staying up but you can't read anything into cup games.  Middlesborough were runners up in both FA and League Cups in 1997 and still got relegated.

I didn't like them at the time but in retrospect LJ's decisions to field weakened teams in both cups was correct; if we were still in a cup then IMHO we would already be in the bottom three.

Thirty years ago (1986-87) on  the last day of the season, dependent on their results, it was going to be either Lincoln or Burnley who were relegated from the League. I was amazed the press and even LTFC didn't pick up on that. Well done Lincoln.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Thirty years ago (1986-87) on  the last day of the season, dependent on their results, it was going to be either Lincoln or Burnley who were relegated from the League. I was amazed the press and even LTFC didn't pick up on that. Well done Lincoln.

LTFC?? Why would Luton Town or Leek Town be remotely interested?!

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Let's put things into perspective.....We lost to Burnley and never expected to win. Burnley have subsequently been knocked out by non-league Lincoln City. NON-LEAGUE Lincoln City...at HOME. 

Our form is dreadful.

We are going down.

Only you could put a negative twist to that.

16 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

You can't use one off cup games (particularly the FA cup) to compare results. If we followed that logic it would mean Burnley were only as good as a conference side or Lincoln should be in the premier league.

Exactly not even the team that are running away with the league best them at Turf Moor

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Our form is dreadful.

We are going down.

**** me. I thought I was negative

18 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

You can't use one off cup games (particularly the FA cup) to compare results. 

True enough. But you can look at the underdogs in all those games: Burnley v Chelsea/Liverpool, Lincoln at Burnley, and us at Burnley, and wonder where our motivation, inspiration, desire, togetherness, spirit, guts, organisation and a well thought out plan clearly evident, got to. How come Burnley and Lincoln have that in spades, but we - with our "highly thought of" HC, whom we are "lucky to have" - appear to have so little. Why is all this lacking?

Is it because our fans are sh1t? Our forum is negative? Is it because Nottm Forest won the European Cup, so we can't expect to be on a "par" with them? Or because we do not have parachute payments? Or that we are not "accustomed" to this league?

What possible bollocks can people on here come up with now/next?

43 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

True enough. But you can look at the underdogs in all those games: Burnley v Chelsea/Liverpool, Lincoln at Burnley, and us at Burnley, and wonder where our motivation, inspiration, desire, togetherness, spirit, guts, organisation and a well thought out plan clearly evident, got to. How come Burnley and Lincoln have that in spades, but we - with our "highly thought of" HC, whom we are "lucky to have" - appear to have so little. Why is all this lacking?

Is it because our fans are sh1t? Our forum is negative? Is it because Nottm Forest won the European Cup, so we can't expect to be on a "par" with them? Or because we do not have parachute payments? Or that we are not "accustomed" to this league?

What possible bollocks can people on here come up with now/next?

Spot on. Football might all be swings and roundabouts, but we're definitely on the slide.

Archived