IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Charlie BCFC

Bobby Reid  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

None of us know how any of the players are performing in training, it could be a confidence issue, he could of had a niggling injury.

Having not checked (through laziness), has he been playing for the U23's while he's been out of the first team squad?

If no then that could point towards him being rested or it could be that he is just being rested as he's never consistently played so many games at this level before?

With any luck, after 8 days without a first team game, the whole squad will be well rested & fit & ready to go against Fulham.

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I quite like the idea of a 433, 

Little-Wright-Magnusson-Bryan

Reid-Hegeler-Brownhill

Coterill-Abraham-Taylor

If we go with that I would like Mags at LB and Flint alongside Wright becauseBryan hasn't performed lately at LB also would put Tomlin in the LW position as he was quite good when he played there last season.

flint-magners- wright

cotteral                                       bryan

brownhill              hegler

reid

tammy           djuric

34 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

None of us know how any of the players are performing in training, it could be a confidence issue, he could of had a niggling injury.

Having not checked (through laziness), has he been playing for the U23's while he's been out of the first team squad?

If no then that could point towards him being rested or it could be that he is just being rested as he's never consistently played so many games at this level before?

With any luck, after 8 days without a first team game, the whole squad will be well rested & fit & ready to go against Fulham.

I don't think he's been rested....he's been out of favour like Magnüsson.  He has featured once or twice (I think) for the u23s.  He's just not been selected.  I think he travelled to Derby, but didn't make the 18.

in terms of selection, we can assume that Little is out.  We don't know how fit Matthews is.  He was on the bench v Leeds, and didn't even come on when Little went off.

What is the news on Tammy?  It's gone quiet, apart from Chelsea were assessing him.  Let's assume he's out too.

I really can't predict the eleven.  I've no idea how Johnson picks the team or the 18 anymore.

If it were me, I'd probably go:

Giefer

Matthews, Flint, Wright, Magnüsson 

Cotterill, O"Neil, Hegeler, Bryan

Taylor, Djuric

Subs: Fielding, Vyner, Pack, Reid, Paterson, Engvall, Wilbraham

I had to make a tough choice re Brownhill.  He either started in place of O'Neil, but I thought he wouldn't get on from the bench, so I left him out.  I went for O'Neil, probably experience.  No O'Dowda, Paterson covers my wide options.  No Golbourne, no Smith, no Tomlin either.  It's hard having a big squad.  I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.:P

But as you say, Tipps, none of us know who has done what in training.

10 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

flint-magners- wright

cotteral                                       bryan

brownhill              hegler

reid

tammy           djuric

I could probably see this being the kinda team `Lee picks.

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I have missed a few games where Brownhill has received rave reviews. But I dont understand his role in the team.

Is he the midfield enforcer? Not with Hegeler around.

Is he a creative force? Not particularly - no goals and possibly no assists?

So what does he do?

I´d have Reid in there.

He definitely has 1 assist...

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I have missed a few games where Brownhill has received rave reviews. But I dont understand his role in the team.

So what does he do?

I´d have Reid in there.

I think he's a good, tidy, energetic midfielder, who I'm glad is at our club, and is getting more and more game time.  Has good technical skills, and will get better.

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

So what does he do?

I´d have Reid in there.

He has been good in the last few games, links things up well and drives forward when he can and not afraid of a tackle. I`d start him every time if I could, I`ve been very impressed with him now he`s been given a run in the side.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think he's been rested....he's been out of favour like Magnüsson.  He has featured once or twice (I think) for the u23s.  He's just not been selected.  I think he travelled to Derby, but didn't make the 18.

in terms of selection, we can assume that Little is out.  We don't know how fit Matthews is.  He was on the bench v Leeds, and didn't even come on when Little went off.

What is the news on Tammy?  It's gone quiet, apart from Chelsea were assessing him.  Let's assume he's out too.

I really can't predict the eleven.  I've no idea how Johnson picks the team or the 18 anymore.

Giefer

Taylor, Djuric

I had to make a tough choice re Brownhill.  He either started in place of O'Neil, but I thought he wouldn't get on from the bench, so I left him out.  I went for O'Neil, probably experience.  No O'Dowda, Paterson covers my wide options.  No Golbourne, no Smith, no Tomlin either.  It's hard having a big squad.  I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.:P

I'm still not convinced about HM at left back, not seen any actual evidence that he can actually play there.

People go on about square pegs in round holes etc & then they want us to try this when in theory we have two fairly natural left-backs in Golbourne & Bryan. I would hope that the way forward was to get the players playing in their natural positions (injuries allowing).

Get back to basics, don't over complicate things & let the players do the basics right before asking them to try alien things.

From what I can tell, all this team tinkering & formation switching has left some players not knowing their arses from their elbows.

Go back to what everyone has grown up with 4-4-2 & then the majority of players will know where to expect a team mate to be as a sixth sense, that way the team may play with a bit more of a flow as they know where flick on's should go as players should be in those areas instead of it being more about wishful player positioning.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I'm still not convinced about HM at left back, not seen any actual evidence that he can actually play there.

People go on about square pegs in round holes etc & then they want us to try this when in theory we have two fairly natural left-backs in Golbourne & Bryan. I would hope that the way forward was to get the players playing in their natural positions (injuries allowing).

Get back to basics, don't over complicate things & let the players do the basics right before asking them to try alien things.

From what I can tell, all this team tinkering & formation switching has left some players not knowing their arses from their elbows.

Go back to what everyone has grown up with 4-4-2 & then the majority of players will know where to expect a team mate to be as a sixth sense, that way the team may play with a bit more of a flow as they know where flick on's should go as players should be in those areas instead of it being more about wishful player positioning.

Hordur at LB, is because he's played there for Iceland in all but one of his internationals.  I don't think Bryan is a natural LB.  Of course he play there, but I think we are starting to see a return to form and him making an impact at LM.  How many balls have him and Cotts started pinging across the 6 yard box of late.

I then have found 11 round pegs in 11 round holes.

The keeping things simple is why I've gone 442.  If we had a pair of wing backs, I might be advocating 352. But we haven't.

I was very close to leaving Flint out, but I think he's started to get his head on balls at the other end of the pitch (Cotts corners have been a recent improvement), and also I'm not one who blames Flint for every goal.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hordur at LB, is because he's played there for Iceland in all but one of his internationals.  I don't think Bryan is a natural LB.  Of course he play there, but I think we are starting to see a return to form and him making an impact at LM.  How many balls have him and Cotts started pinging across the 6 yard box of late.

The keeping things simple is why I've gone 442.  If we had a pair of wing backs, I might be advocating 352. But we haven't.

I was very close to leaving Flint out, but I think he's started to get his head on balls at the other end of the pitch (Cotts corners have been a recent improvement), and also I'm not one who blames Flint for every goal.

But how many of those games has any of us seen HM play for Iceland? And at last count I think it was 8 games he's played for Iceland in 2 years (if my memory is correct) & how many of those have been in a competitive game? I know he didn't make an appearance in the Euro's. I just don't think there's enough evidence that he can play there & if he could, I would of thought we'd of already seen him play there.

I guess I'd just be worried about him being targeted by the opposition & I just don't think now is the time to be trying anything out, unless he's proved something in training?

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But how many of those games has any of us seen HM play for Iceland? And at last count I think it was 8 games he's played for Iceland in 2 years (if my memory is correct) & how many of those have been in a competitive game? I know he didn't make an appearance in the Euro's. I just don't think there's enough evidence that he can play there & if he could, I would of thought we'd of already seen him play there.

I guess I'd just be worried about him being targeted by the opposition & I just don't think now is the time to be trying anything out, unless he's proved something in training?

I'm with your this. Plus he wouldn't be a fullback that gets forward much with Iceland who are usually the underdog. He's a left footed CB and that's it. He plays there sometimes for Iceland because they have a small talent pool to pick from. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

So what does he do?

I´d have Reid in there.

Doesn't sound like you've watched Hegeler either, because he's no enforcer

9 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

All fair enough, but you know I've stopped trying to guess what LJ would do....the side above us what I'd pick, not what I expect LJ to pick. I'd take the risk (if it is a risk) of playing someone who's played LB at international level there for the first time in a City shirt on Wednesday night.

When Hordur signed the manager said he could play both positions.  Golbourne has run into poor form...unless we think he'll play himself back into form.  Teams are exposing us in wide areas, they are already targeting Golbourne.  As you say 442 allows each flank to double up.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm with your this. Plus he wouldn't be a fullback that gets forward much with Iceland who are usually the underdog. He's a left footed CB and that's it. He plays there sometimes for Iceland because they have a small talent pool to pick from. 

Golbourne isn't a 'bomber' either.  I've been a big supporter of Scott all season, but he's out of form, funnily enough, I think it's since Wright started playing.  It's all a bit of a dilemma.  Magnüsson is a far better passer of the ball, and more comfortable on it than Golbourne.  That's why I'd play him Wednesday.  LJ won't so it won't become a problem :P

Personally I reckon he'll go 3 at the back.  Would I? Nope.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Golbourne isn't a 'bomber' either.  I've been a big supporter of Scott all season, but he's out of form, funnily enough, I think it's since Wright started playing.  It's all a bit of a dilemma.  Magnüsson is a far better passer of the ball, and more comfortable on it than Golbourne.  That's why I'd play him Wednesday.  LJ won't so it won't become a problem :P

Personally I reckon he'll go 3 at the back.  Would I? Nope.

It`ll all come down to whether Matthews is fit I guess.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I like this idea, 11 round pegs in round holes... get things back to basics and we will be ok!

I just don't understand this forum sometimes. "What the **** is he doing changing the team again...we need a solid starting 11" one moment, then the next we're suggesting we change it up? In my opinion, whilst I like Reid, there is no room to put him in at this moment in time. Brownhill and Hegeler have been doing well by all accounts in the centre, so why change it? 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Giefer

Taylor, Djuric

But didn't you know magners can't play left back even though he plays there for Iceland according to LJ :grr:

Archived