IGNORED

Piegate

Jerseybean

15 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Brilliant coverage - Sutton substitute keeper eating a pie!

Looks like he might be in trouble. Apparently bookies were offering 8-1 on him being pictured eating a pie during the game:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/21/sutton-united-wayne-shaw-fa-betting-rules

Echoes of Craig Bellamy and the 'golf swing' celebration a few years ago (when bookies were offering 100-1), albeit worth noting that I don't think there was ever any investigation over the Bellamy inciden.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Looks like he might be in trouble. Apparently bookies were offering 8-1 on him being pictured eating a pie during the game:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/21/sutton-united-wayne-shaw-fa-betting-rules

Echoes of Craig Bellamy and the 'golf swing' celebration a few years ago (when bookies were offering 100-1).

Clearly knew what he was doing, why else would he be eating on the subs bench

Silly man admitetted the bet etc and his friends backing him on GMB this morning

The other shame was Sutton selling their shirt sponsor and two ends of their ground to the Sun !!

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely ridiculous thing to do. Did he honestly think it wouldn't come out?! How thick are some people?

I think he did know. But probably ensured he put enough money on it to make it worthwhile. 

And why not. Was hardly a lucrative career. And he didn't hurt anyone. 

Nevermind. 

Well, he done his best to make it all about him, now he's paid the ultimate price

He was desperate for the camera to be on him whilst he ate it, one of the commentators even made a comment roughly along the lines of 'he's made a few quid for his mates there'

No sympathy whatsoever

Funny how Sky Sports (part owned by a Mr R Murdoch) failed to mention that the sponsors were The Sun Bets (owner Mr R Murdoch).

Another grubby deal from a rag of a paper (or at least their betting company).

Clubs in Sutton's position have every right to make as much money from cup ties as they can but I hate it when they do deals with that paper. The Sun couldn't give two shits about grass roots football.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Funny how Sky Sports (part owned by a Mr R Murdoch) failed to mention that the sponsors were The Sun Bets (owner Mr R Murdoch).

Another grubby deal from a rag of a paper (or at least their betting company).

Clubs in Sutton's position have every right to make as much money from cup ties as they can but I hate it when they do deals with that paper. The Sun couldn't give two shits about grass roots football.

The Sun Bets is operated by an Australian company, Tabcorp and uses The Sun name under license. The biggest of their shareholders is the Government Pension Fund of Norway.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the bloke?

He didn't bet on himself and of course he was going to tell his mates. Similar to when William Hill offered bets on Brazil to play in yellow at the world cup, of course people like David Luiz and Oscar informed others.

Bloke wanted his 15 mins of fame and to get his club press coverage. Job done. Gives his all for the club, including running the 3G pitch rentals during the week and sleeping in the club house Mon-Weds. Blokes like this, at these non-league clubs, often go unappreciated or unnoticed their entire lives. Has a chance to make some money and gain the club some limelight, so did it.

Let's remember that The Sun aren't blameless here either. This whole gimmick betting stuff is getting ridiculous and should be stopped. They were always going to get shafted one day. You can even bet on WWE Wrestlemania now, which has been scripted months in advance ffs. 

52 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think he did know. But probably ensured he put enough money on it to make it worthwhile. 

And why not. Was hardly a lucrative career. And he didn't hurt anyone. 

Nevermind. 

Worth ruining any reputation you had though for a few extra quid? 

Where do bookies stand in situations like this where it's clear that there's been fraud/fixing of a market? Will they look to get out of paying out on bets?

Archived