IGNORED

Club Statement?

marmite

No, there hasn't been one but there should be. What I experienced last night from the crowd was unique to me in 60+ years of watching my team. Someone senior from the club must come to the media and state what the plans are from the board. If this fiasco continues I fear there will be more and more aggression at each match and who knows what may happen then. SL and the board need to realise how much sacrifice the average man makes to get a s/t to football nowadays to watch players earn more in a week, than they do in a year in some cases. No wonder feelings run high when we watch performances like we did against, what must be said, was a good Fulham side, with no effort or system or style of play. Reading the many threads on this forum, most with the same theme, makes it plain that the fans are up in arms big time. So come on SL. Tell us what the Big Picture is, what the long term plan is, and tell us honestly if it was meant to include relegation. If not, then act now while there is still time to change things.

Fantastic clickbaiting title- have you considered sending a CV to Buzzfeed?

Anyway, I digress. I was not at the game myself, but the only reason I kept listening to that piece of **** performance was to gauge the hostility of the crowd at the end- as much as the stadium announcer tried he could not drown it out even with the PA system on his side. The club reminds me of a tree full of baboons. Everyone at the top sees a bunch of smiling faces, while those at the bottom see nothing but an endless stream of shite.

14 minutes ago, marmite said:

What I experienced last night from the crowd was unique to me in 60+ years of watching my team. 

I beg to differ on the uniqueness of the crowd calling for the manager's head last night.

Many a time in Alan Dicks's early struggling seasons the chant of "Dicks Out" would echo around Ashton Gate!!!!

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I beg to differ on the uniqueness of the crowd calling for the manager's head last night.

Many a time in Alan Dicks's early struggling seasons the chant of "Dicks Out" would echo around Ashton Gate!!!!

I'm guessing no one ever complied?

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

We would have had similar chants with Arthur Cox as manager.

31 minutes ago, marmite said:

No, there hasn't been one but there should be. What I experienced last night from the crowd was unique to me in 60+ years of watching my team. Someone senior from the club must come to the media and state what the plans are from the board. If this fiasco continues I fear there will be more and more aggression at each match and who knows what may happen then. SL and the board need to realise how much sacrifice the average man makes to get a s/t to football nowadays to watch players earn more in a week, than they do in a year in some cases. No wonder feelings run high when we watch performances like we did against, what must be said, was a good Fulham side, with no effort or system or style of play. Reading the many threads on this forum, most with the same theme, makes it plain that the fans are up in arms big time. So come on SL. Tell us what the Big Picture is, what the long term plan is, and tell us honestly if it was meant to include relegation. If not, then act now while there is still time to change things.

This was  the statement from SL a month ago.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-from-steve-lansdown-3534836.aspx

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lansdowns record of sacking managers suggests that he only acts when City are in the DZ (apart from Senior Johnson, who made his own position untenable) so an announcement today is very unlikely.

And this is the major problem. The club are in denial in my opinion. 

Until we get into the bottom 3 they just won't accept it.  In fact there's a lot of fans too that don't believe or certainly didn't before last night that we can get relegated. 

I thought it before last night and after watching that shambles I definitely do now. Pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

In which he states he won't see the investment wasted!  That was a month or so ago. It now looks like its being wasted to me!!

I thought he said we wont see our progress wasted, that ship sailed months ago. We are going backward at a rate of knots !

5 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

If the rumours are true, he won't be sacked until we are in the bottom three because at that stage, due to a clause in his contract, he won't get a penny in compensation!

Great, we'll do a gAss and only be in the drop zone (DZ) on the final day. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

What's Ffs?

Fresh Fruit Sunday ?

30 minutes ago, headhunter said:

And towards the end of his reign when you dropped to Div 2. Remember it at a derby match with Rovers fans singing Dicks must stay in response

49 minutes ago, marmite said:

I've read this several times today from older posters, yet they have also told us many times before that there were "Dicks Out" protests when Alan Dicks was in charge. So it is "unique" and unprecedented, or not?

• Admin

Not a home game, but I was at Brentford when the vitriol towards Tiny Penis was pretty rampant and the Chant all game there was 'Pulis for Portsmouth'. I still feel that he holds the title of the most hated Manager, LJ is a flop, but that doesn't mean many hate him, just want to see him gone.

51 minutes ago, marmite said:

The only other time I've ever seen the city supporters turning against anyone was at Coventry against Maynard in 50 years of following the city that is the only times I could say the crowd got ugly /angry if Johnson stays how long before we get demonstrations on the pitch after the games if Johnson stays 

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Totally agree . However , the strategy for the club will be easy to soundbite and be dressed up in corporate speak and also stress the achievements so far so as to avoid the really important plans which are blindingly obvious to state I. E get a manager who will keep us in this division . Even Aidan Flint looked demoralised last night . What on earth  is going on at training . This team are totally demotivated and that is the job of the manager . LJ nice guy but not good enough for this scrap we are in .

Boring as it sounds, I think I'll stay away from commenting on LJ sacking speculation threads.

I've given my opinion on our failings, I've no inside knowledge, don't know anyone close enough to have trust in the titbits I hear, so will just carry on critiqueing what happens on the pitch.

If he goes, I will still feel sorry for him.  It's not lack of effort, unlike some our our players (a very small minority).

See you on the other threads.

Archived