IGNORED

LJ took training

bs3

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just have a gut feeling that could be the most interesting piece of gossip yet on the situation 

Against is surely he can't take the side on Saturday if the players know he's going Monday morning 

:blink:

Yeah, I can see this being true. Maybe he won't pick the side for 'Toon, and Pembo will pick it, new HC watching in stand?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just have a gut feeling that could be the most interesting piece of gossip yet on the situation 

Against is surely he can't take the side on Saturday if the players know he's going Monday morning 

:blink:

Does seem pretty random, and usually random sources seem to be the most reliable but Monday doesn't make sense. If he was leaving it would be today. How can he stand on the sidelines at Newcastle knowing he's been sacked ?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Does seem pretty random, and usually random sources seem to be the most reliable but Monday doesn't make sense. If he was leaving it would be today. How can he stand on the sidelines at Newcastle knowing he's been sacked ?

Maybe the day was lost in Chinese whispers. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Perhaps the new man has said, FFS SL give me a fighting chance and let me take charge of a game where we at least have a chance of a result not start at Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Perhaps the new man has said, FFS SL give me a fighting chance and let me take charge of a game where we at least have a chance of a result not start at Newcastle.

In that case JP could do one game surely (unless he's going too !)

Seems a bizarre situation - wonder whether it almost ties in with the Mirror story saying he's going if we lose at Newcastle

Maybe decided he's had enough and will prep the team for the game ?

Still seems bizarre

more I think about it - if the content of those texts are true - it will all be out way before Monday anyway - players talk to people who talk to people - if true I'd suggest it will be all over Bristol in 24 hrs and if true I'd have said it would be by now 

:whistle:

27 minutes ago, lancsred said:

Just been chatting with a mate of mine who works at Preston North End, I live in Ribbleton. He seems to think Johnson has resigned.

ive attached our text convo.

IMG_0619.PNG

IMG_0620.PNG

Strange it's Monday morning. Can only assume Pembo and Holden have walked already and no one to take charge. McAllister too busy with Under 23s.

Hope this don't bite Bailey in the arse if true.

16 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Well what you posted is exactly word for word what Chris beek posted on the City Till I Die Facebook page earlier, before you.

That was @BARNEYB not BS3 unless BS3 has wrote it else where.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seems a bizarre situation - wonder whether it almost ties in with the Mirror story saying he's going if we lose at Newcastle

Still seems bizarre

Quite possibly, or perhaps he wants the opportunity to say goodbye to the fans, knowing there will be 2000+ there, an opportunity very few managers get.

End of the day, most expect a defeat at Newcastle, and if he is stepping down, he is not being sacked, and I suspect all the prep for Saturday has already been done, so perhaps he wants to go out on his own terms and the club respects him for that.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Still seems bizarre

My post was tongue in cheek, but this is BCFC and nothing would surprise me in the slightest.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see Redknapp take charge, Louise.

52 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Under fire?  There's 3 aircraft carriers off Weston loaded to the brim with Tomohawks, and a selection of exciting planes,off the coast of Weston, a slightly iffy Russian with an umbrella, the last surviving spitfire, 6 Apaches (One with Prince Harry at the controls, god help us) and 200 slightly odd Civil War re enactors from 'the sealed knot' on their way.

And Ghengis Khan's Mongol hordes.

For a bit of fun and going on gut instinct I reckon that's going to be not far off what's happening @lancsred :thumbsup:

(Still can't put a reasonable explanation to it though ! )

Bit of an elaborate hoax otherwise (Not neccesarily by you ;) - if your buddy works at PNE , this isn't coming from a City fan but a player - why would anyone at PNE make something up :whistle:

I can just see it now:

The players, buoyed by the news that he's going, put on their best performance in months and beat Newcastle with a glorious display of attacking football. 

As they're celebrating in the changing rooms, LJ comes in and breaks in to a grin and says "Ha! I'm going nowhere. Can't believe you lot fell for it!"

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

My thoughts also, why bring in a new manager to watch another demoralising hammering against the best side in the division when he would  have a better chance in the following games. 

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

And Ghengis Khan's Mongol hordes.

I've heard that there's an armoured division of reindeer equipped with stoat jockeys, holding both lasers and placards, that our Swedish friend has put on a boat to Harwich.  ETA 28 hours.  

Hes ****** then...

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You don't resign , tell the players you are leaving Monday .  That is nonsense for everyone concerned and unfair on LJ . Seems all fake to me. I want him gone , but not made to look stupid , and I cannot see someone of the class of SL doing that I really cannot . If he is going go now . 

Hmmmm Don't make me doubt my hunch

:boxing:

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sorry but absolute bullshit. You don't resign effective from 3 days time. Especially not in football. What would happen if we went to Newcastle and won? Ridiculous 

It's all made up as we go along. More boring than Corrie Street!!! :yawn:

If a manager goes, resigning or fired, they go - even if that means the U19's coach takes the first team for a game.

When have you EVER heard a scenario like this?

Has a manager ever resigned after a win?! Because we've still got to play a game on Saturday.

I know people want him gone, but some of the nonsense believed by some on here is...well....unbelievable.

Desperation has well and truly set in! 

:yawn:

35 minutes ago, bpexile said:

My thoughts also, why bring in a new manager to watch another demoralising hammering against the best side in the division when he would  have a better chance in the following games. 

Perhaps we should look carefully at all the ex managers attending the game 

Archived