IGNORED

Lee determined to make supporters proud

Fiale

30 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

It's a quite common figure of speech you odd, odd individual.

So I've been called odd (twice) for  suggesting one of our past keepers didn't deliberately throw the ball into his goal to get managers sacked and the poster who called me 'odd' is the one who called Cotterill a 'complete tosser' when he was appointed and said he'd 'much, much rather S'OD was still here' - bet you jumped up and down when we walked league one and claimed an actual title rather than just promotion, bet you sneaked into Wembley too when Cotts won the tinpot trophy....

47 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes. I agree with that, in your case you are not enjoying your job because of management reasons and as you say it make you miserable. The same thing can happen to professional football players, it's their job, after all, you know how you can play and then you are told by incapable management to play in an unsuitable way, it's bound to affect your game and confidence and that is exactly what's happening under LJ.  To much changing shapes, line ups, and tactics, constant tinkering, playing players out of position etc, etc, it's no wonder the players look as if they don't care, it's probably more like they don't know or are not sure of what LJ wants them to do on the pitch.  I really don't want to see them get hammered tomorrow, but if it happens, which I think it might, then hopefully SL will end this Manager/Head coaches reign.

Nail on the head. 

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So I've been called odd (twice) for  suggesting one of our past keepers didn't deliberately throw the ball into his goal to get managers sacked and the poster who called me 'odd' is the one who called Cotterill a 'complete tosser' when he was appointed and said he'd 'much, much rather S'OD was still here' - bet you jumped up and down when we walked league one and claimed an actual title rather than just promotion, bet you sneaked into Wembley too when Cotts won the tinpot trophy....

Fantastic. As I've said it's a figure of speech, in fact I heard someone say this week about Cabellero that he should be number 2, but was playing because Bravo had been 'throwing them in'. And you know fully well I wasn't suggesting Gerken was doing it on purpose, it was a tongue in cheek remark that what we may need is a repeat of one of his infamous manager sacking performances.

Using things I've said from what November 2013 against me? I can assure you that you didn't need to go back that far to find something stupid that I've posted!

Not really sure anybody else wants to read this so I apologise, but for what it's worth, and I could be wrong, I believe my stance at the time was that when managing other teams (chiefly that 1-0 Gerken game you mentioned ironically) I hadn't liked him, and yeah thought he'd came across as a 'tosser' but I thought he deserved a chance? And that we could have done a lot worse? And that he had my full support? 

If you wanted to stalk my posting history on here by the way to find some comments about Cotterill I regret you should have gone to around the time of the 3-0 'I'm a winner' game at Brammall Lane. I doubt you'll find anything since then though as I'm not someone that feels I'm so important I can't change my mind when the evidence suggests I was wrong and after Cotterill's miracle season, even when I felt it was best he was moved on I paid him the respect he deserved.

I'll tell you what, of the many things I thought I could row about regarding City at the moment, I didn't see being disrespectful about Dean Gerken's infamous performances against Blackpool and Leicester being high on the list. The internet, it really does never let you down.

9 hours ago, cynic said:

I can't agree that losing a game 0-5 is a good thing in any circumstance.

I still hope against hope for a win. At Newcastle and every match City play.

However if a thrashing resulted in Lee's dismissal then I'd see it as a silver lining.

The trouble is, I think he doesn't have the ability to lift a side short on confidence. That's a man management skill, and I'm not sure it can be taught.

I'm rubbish at small talk and "schmoozing". It's a problem with networking - finding and keeping clients - in my line of work. I know my weakness and employ someone else to do most of the sales type stuff.

Football managers can get better tactically, they can learn from their mistakes; they can get more canny as coaches and employ people they learn from. In terms of personality though I don't know what you can do to address weaknesses there. You can either inspire others or you can't.

For that reason, I think even if we did survive this season we'd sooner or later (probably sooner) get into trouble next season. I think replacement is the only option, and I say that more in sorrow than anger. Although I don't know him, I like Lee's style and I'd happily stand him a drink if I bumped into him. But i just don't think he can cut it in his chosen profession.

Archived