IGNORED

Lee determined to make supporters proud

Fiale

Johnson vows to select energetic line-up against league leaders
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/johnson-vows-to-pick-energetic-side-at-newcastle-3590880.aspx#gUxDGkJf2wmXh9vs.99

Why have  you not been picking that type of player for every match. You play to your strengths. Not changing the team every week, because they got this player or that player. You've got the best group of players  this teams had in years and you either play them out of position. Leave them on the bench or not at all. Send them out on loan. All successful sides keep their sides the same week after week. Only changing due to injury or suspensions. Cant wait to see your energetic line up tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Exactly... I have no faith in my manager, not prepared to got that extra mile for them and doing a job i'm not skilled in, so made the decision to resign, I was lucky and found a new job in 8 days... last day Monday... same as Johnson I hope.

Good luck with the new job :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

To me it doesn't feel like LJ and BCFC,it feels more like Custer and the 7th cavalry.

I'm not having that, Custer was a career soldier with sound tactical military knowledge, who was outwitted by a superior opponent, johnsons more like hitler in his bunker surrounding by nut cases telling him the secret weapon is on its way

johnson out

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

We could do with getting smashed really. It's getting beyond a joke. 

And before anyone accuses me of wanting to lose, I really don't. I can just see the greater good for the long term. I want to see is stay in this division. And if that means seeing us get smashed 5-0 by Newcastle, then so be it. 

Second time I've read this or similar on OTIB, totally agree. I wan't us to win every game but the pathetic form and dire position we're in means it may need something shocking/striking/depressing to get the reaction we (at least most) of us want. There seems to be no leadership from the manager and the game just passes by as he stands watching another train wreck. 

4 hours ago, KingLear said:

The question is will a point be enough to give him a stay of execution or will it have to be 3 points??

I'm sure I read somewhere (and correct me if i'm wrong) that 'defeat at Newcastle will see the end of LJ' or something along those lines.

So a very welcome point it would be at St James' but do you think it will still result in the sack?

Answers on a postcard I guess....

The most worrying thing is he actually manages to save us and we have to suffer another year of the same next year. Alternatively , we only go into the relegation zone on the last day of the season, and we only get rid after we go down and it all starts again.

One quick word of support for our manager. It has to be very difficult coming up with something new to say after a defeat when we've had so many of them.

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

Head coach determined to make travelling supporters proud.

Head coach said City lacked "bite" in defeat to Fulham

Former midfielder played in goalless draw at Newcastle in 2009 

Lee Johnson has vowed to pick a team with bundles of energy as City prepare to embark on their longest trip of the season to Newcastle United this weekend.

Speaking after the midweek home defeat to Fulham, the head coach said his team lacked “bite” – something he doesn’t want to see a repeat of at St James’ Park tomorrow (3pm).

The Sky Bet Championship title favourites reclaimed top spot after a 2-0 victory over Aston Villa on Monday.

“We go there as the underdog,” Johnson told Bristol City Player HD. “Obviously it’s going to be a tough game but we have to get some spirit back – find that aggression and passion in our play to go and make things happen.

“If you’re low on confidence, what comes next is you run about and put your foot in. You do everything you can to make something happen in a physical sense.

“I’m certainly going to pick a team that’s going to run about, get tight to people and give Bristol City fans pride in the shirt.

“I haven’t lost the belief and I’m not going to lose it, because belief is such a big part of it.

“I’m up for the fight and I have to make sure everyone else is.”

Johnson was part of the City team who battled to a goalless draw on Tyneside against the eventual title winners back in 2009/10.

He added: “It’s a fantastic place to play and the players have to go there and enjoy it, having come off the field victorious knowing they’ve given everything they’ve got.

“We will feel like we’ve got a point to prove and we’ve got to go there and put in a good performance that people can be proud of.”

Personally I don't wanna hear any of this bollocks that comes out of his mouth. How about he keeps it shut and focuses on training the team and finding a style and formation that suits/works and if he's doing that then find out why it's not working.

im hoping he gets about of man flu so pembo can take over and sort this shit out like last season. 

Most likely reason why players aren't playing for him is that they can see straight through him. #manflu#pembosaveusagain

“I’m certainly going to pick a team that’s going to run about, get tight to people and give Bristol City fans pride in the shirt.

jesus Christ this comment made me made. So is he saying he picked the last team not to do that or he did pick them to do that but they didn't? How about we go out with a plan to play some decent football god knows we've invested enough on players to play some decent stuff.

4 hours ago, B block said:

I'm not having that, Custer was a career soldier with sound tactical military knowledge, who was outwitted by a superior opponent, johnsons more like hitler in his bunker surrounding by nut cases telling him the secret weapon is on its way

johnson out

Yeah! but we're the Indians and we've got him surrounded.

Found this old article, sounds interesting- very familiar...

Oldham's exciting new style as already faded

Lee Johnson hasn't kept up early promise

18 March ~ Despite early promise Oldham Athletic's season has plunged back into a familiar battle with relegation. Two matches against Preston North End, just about six months apart tell the story perfectly. Early in September at Deepdale, in front of the television cameras, Latics turned on a performance of slick passing football, though they eventually lost 2-1. Centre stage was a young centre-back James Tarkowski, whose breaks from the back, and a headed goal, raised a clamour of expectation. Liverpool wanted him for £2 million, or so the story went.

The team was led by the youngest manager in the Football League, Lee Johnson, who had overseen a dramatic escape after being brought in during the closing weeks of the previous season. Johnson promised a team that would press high, break with pace and pass its way to success. And that's the way it seemed. But Johnson has had some difficult lessons to learn. Open and frank in press conferences he struck an early chord with fans as he talked with enthusiasm about his approach. The contrary view was that a more experienced manager might have been a little less open in his views on individual players.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1175-march-2014/11337-oldham-s-exciting-new-style-has-already-faded The Full article.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Amazing some of the comments on here from posters who were hollering 

BULL*****

every time there was even a suggestion of problems in the dressing room months ago

:whistle:

LTs interview took in a ridiculous amount 

Frighteneing naivety

Yeap, I was completely slatted for even the mention of it.

@Mr Popodopolous  does sound rather familiar doesn't it.

Oldham's exciting new style has already faded

18 March ~ Despite early promise Oldham Athletic's season has plunged back into a familiar battle with relegation. Two matches against Preston North End, just about six months apart tell the story perfectly. Early in September at Deepdale, in front of the television cameras, Latics turned on a performance of slick passing football, though they eventually lost 2-1. Centre stage was a young centre-back James Tarkowski, whose breaks from the back, and a headed goal, raised a clamour of expectation. Liverpool wanted him for £2 million, or so the story went.

The team was led by the youngest manager in the Football League, Lee Johnson, who had overseen a dramatic escape after being brought in during the closing weeks of the previous season. Johnson promised a team that would press high, break with pace and pass its way to success. And that's the way it seemed. But Johnson has had some difficult lessons to learn. Open and frank in press conferences he struck an early chord with fans as he talked with enthusiasm about his approach. The contrary view was that a more experienced manager might have been a little less open in his views on individual players.

Last Saturday saw the return match with Preston and the 3-1 defeat told a different story. Tarkowski has gone to Brentford for a fraction of the fee that drove press fantasies in the autumn and September's vibrant passing is a distant memory while Latics have used 37 different players this season. More importantly, footballing ambition has been replaced by hard graft. Preston, ably lead by Simon Grayson, demonstrated that well-organised muscularity seasoned with just enough skill is a recipe for success at this level.

None of this is a plea to change the manager or a moan at the chairman. Johnson has rightly been given a new long-term contract. Poor attendances and a constant battle to keep the club afloat provide the chilling but all too familiar background to the season. There are hints that some of the fans are restless – a comment on the Oldham Chronicle website cast the manager unflatteringly as "tiki –taka Johnson" – and would like to see a more robust approach on the pitch. I'd prefer to see him stick to his principles and see if his team can pass its way to success. But this summer Johnson will need to reflect on how to fashion, and retain, a squad that meets both his ambition and vision of the way the game should be played.

A familiar failing led to a last-minute equaliser from Crewe on Saturday and with nine matches still to go, Oldham fans can only hope that he gets another chance to put his ideas to the test in League One next season

Just now, Fiale said:

@Mr Popodopolous  does sound rather familiar doesn't it.

Oldham's exciting new style has already faded

The team was led by the youngest manager in the Football League, Lee Johnson, who had overseen a dramatic escape after being brought in during the closing weeks of the previous season. 

Johnson promised a team that would press high, break with pace and pass its way to success

.:whistle:

And that's the way it seemed. But Johnson has had some difficult lessons to learn. Open and frank in press conferences he struck an early chord with fans as he talked with enthusiasm about his approach. The contrary view was that a more experienced manager might have been a little less open in his views on individual players.

Last Saturday saw the return match with Preston and the 3-1 defeat told a different story. Tarkowski has gone to Brentford for a fraction of the fee that drove press fantasies in the autumn

Bobby Reid

and September's vibrant passing is a distant memory while Latics have used 37 different players this season.

More importantly, footballing ambition has been replaced by hard graft. Preston, ably lead by Simon Grayson, demonstrated that well-organised muscularity seasoned with just enough skill is a recipe for success at this level.

None of this is a plea to change the manager or a moan at the chairman. Johnson has rightly been given a new long-term contract. Poor attendances and a constant battle to keep the club afloat provide the chilling but all too familiar background to the season. There are hints that some of the fans are restless – a comment on the Oldham Chronicle website cast the manager unflatteringly as "tiki –taka Johnson" –

and would like to see a more robust approach on the pitch.

I'd prefer to see him stick to his principles and see if his team can pass its way to success. But this summer Johnson will need to reflect on how to fashion, and retain, a squad that meets both his ambition and vision of the way the game should be played.

A familiar failing led to a last-minute equaliser

from Crewe on Saturday and with nine matches still to go, Oldham fans can only hope that he gets another chance to put his ideas to the test in League One next season

A familiar tale coming from Barnsley .....

Ohhhhh Oldham

hmmmm

Spooky

Familiar pattern - looks like zero has been learnt across the three clubs then

Pretty damning IMHO 

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

Head coach determined to make travelling supporters proud.

Head coach said City lacked "bite" in defeat to Fulham

Former midfielder played in goalless draw at Newcastle in 2009 

Lee Johnson has vowed to pick a team with bundles of energy as City prepare to embark on their longest trip of the season to Newcastle United this weekend.

Speaking after the midweek home defeat to Fulham, the head coach said his team lacked “bite” – something he doesn’t want to see a repeat of at St James’ Park tomorrow (3pm).

The Sky Bet Championship title favourites reclaimed top spot after a 2-0 victory over Aston Villa on Monday.

“We go there as the underdog,” Johnson told Bristol City Player HD. “Obviously it’s going to be a tough game but we have to get some spirit back – find that aggression and passion in our play to go and make things happen.

“If you’re low on confidence, what comes next is you run about and put your foot in. You do everything you can to make something happen in a physical sense.

“I haven’t lost the belief and I’m not going to lose it, because belief is such a big part of it.

“I’m up for the fight and I have to make sure everyone else is.”

Johnson was part of the City team who battled to a goalless draw on Tyneside against the eventual title winners back in 2009/10.

He added: “It’s a fantastic place to play and the players have to go there and enjoy it, having come off the field victorious knowing they’ve given everything they’ve got.

“We will feel like we’ve got a point to prove and we’ve got to go there and put in a good performance that people can be proud of.”

The question is, if he says he wants his team  to play with energy, bite, passion and aggression, why hasn't the same thing been done for the last 20 games...............

7 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Perhaps we need Dean Gerken back, not a particularly great goalkeeper, but he seemed to always know when the right time came for the manager to be sacked and would selflessly lob a few goals in to make sure we lost in such a manner the manager would get the elbow.

Absolute twaddle, you obviously weren't at Forest when we desperately needed a win to help in our relegation battle and Dean singlehandedly won us the game with a string of absolutely unbelievable saves...to protect our 0-1 victory...

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolute twaddle, you obviously weren't at Forest when we desperately needed a win to help in our relegation battle and Dean singlehandedly won us the game with a string of absolutely unbelievable saves...to protect our 0-1 victory...

Well sorry to ruin your weird rant, but I was at that game. 

Feel you may have missed my point quite heroically.

9 hours ago, BCFC_Mike said:

I know I wouldn't want to work for someone who I have no confidence in and are straight up clueless on how to manage a team... I'm sort of in that position now, and it makes me ******* miserable. Not that I can relate it to football, but a job is a job. 

Yes. I agree with that, in your case you are not enjoying your job because of management reasons and as you say it make you miserable. The same thing can happen to professional football players, it's their job, after all, you know how you can play and then you are told by incapable management to play in an unsuitable way, it's bound to affect your game and confidence and that is exactly what's happening under LJ.  To much changing shapes, line ups, and tactics, constant tinkering, playing players out of position etc, etc, it's no wonder the players look as if they don't care, it's probably more like they don't know or are not sure of what LJ wants them to do on the pitch.  I really don't want to see them get hammered tomorrow, but if it happens, which I think it might, then hopefully SL will end this Manager/Head coaches reign.

Archived