IGNORED

Lansdown on Made In Bristol

BCFC J

Just saw the full interview, he said that he 100% expects Lee to be in charge after the Burton game.

Is he taking the p*ss? 

Saying he wants to stay on the right path that the club is on, what's that? The path to League One? 

Unbelievable interview, can't believe what I've just heard come out of the blokes mouth.

2 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Agree after the one or two going over the top against Fulham I'm not taking my grandson. I've seen yobs in action too many times before. I hope security is tight but I fear that there will be one or two banned for future games.

Going ' over the top ' ?

Please share

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

I think he meant that McInnes went on to prove himself as a good manager at Aberdeen and that switching managers doesn't always pay off (as with Palace also)

oh ok. I can't really remember much about the DMI era, just that he kept changing the team

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He said in one interview we got rid of McInnes too early, and things got worse when we brought SO'D in, once bitten twice shy I suppose.

But MacInnes had more success than LJ before he was appointed. Admittedly north of the border but still something tangible.

Plus when MacInnes took over from Millen, he kept us up with his own back room team, against a back drop of having to significantly cut costs, particularly the wage bill. He wasn't given millions to spend on players, yet he still managed to bring in Baldock in part exchange for Maynard. 

So yes he may have got rid of MacInnes too quickly but no-one could accuse him of that now. And to be seen not to act when you had the opportunity and that lead to relegation will make him culpable in many fans eyes. Some Leicester fans may be mourning the loss of Ranieri but if the choice was keep him & go down, or get rid and stay up, you know what most fans are ultimately going to say. No manager is so important that they can't be replaced (Fergie being the exception that proves the rule).

He is taking a massive gamble keeping Lee.  I hope it pays off. But what if we get a hammering tomorrow surely he can't back him. If we can't put in a performance at this venue with nearly 3k city fans there. I am up in newcastle and have seen few city fans up here tonight. Fingers crossed for a win but sadly I fear a big defeat. 

Whilst I disagree with much of the content of the interview tonight , I admire the fact that he accepted the need to talk to the fans and  took the time to face up to the media  and answered the questions regarding LJ's future .  

We may not like the fact that LJ is staying (at least until the Burton match)  but I admire SL's   integrity  and honesty .Reading between the lines , sounds to me that if we are in the bottom 3 after the Burton games then SL's patience will have been exhausted and LJ will be replaced.

Interesting contrast with the Leicester Board strategy  on how to stay up - who knows what will happen next  at both clubs given the differing approaches. Let's hope our results improve starting tomorrow and we stay in the Championship.

1 hour ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Just saw the full interview, he said that he 100% expects Lee to be in charge after the Burton game.

Ironic that Gary Johnson offered to get his arse out in Burton, but no one seems to want to get this arse out before Burton.

1 hour ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Is he taking the p*ss? 

Saying he wants to stay on the right path that the club is on, what's that? The path to League One? 

Unbelievable interview, can't believe what I've just heard come out of the blokes mouth.

Is he willfully being a drongo?

47 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Sad thing is we could lose to Newcastle 3-0 (would be told they have a perm budget and staff etc etc) lose by a odd goal to Villa (be told we were unlikely blah blah blah) then draw or beat Burton (like we did Rotherham) and then he buys himself another 3 or 4 games....

My sentiments about the Rotherham game, winning that was the lifeline he needed :mf_sleep:

Just watched it on Made in Bristol (if anyone missed it, it's repeated at 4am, 7am and 10am tomorrow morning) and I'm gobsmacked. 

I have a lot of respect for SL and I wouldn't call for him to sell up and the like but he's being bloody-minded and pig-headed. He's quite right, we can't keep changing managers but what other option is there now?

Lee is rolling the dice more times than James Bond on a stag weekend in Vegas.

Unless this is all an elaborate ruse, we are fewked. If we slide into L1 next season, I'll hand deliver some humble pie to AG with Steve's name in the pastry.

Archived