IGNORED

Lansdown on Made In Bristol

BCFC J

18 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

He said in one interview we got rid of McInnes too early, and things got worse when we brought SO'D in, once bitten twice shy I suppose.

Well he should have learnt something from that mistake,

Its simple - don't replace Johnson with another waste of space like O'Driscoll.

4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I think he's playing the long game with keeping Lee so bigger potential coaches maybe interested in the club stability later on

this is a gamble of course, but if we stay up our club looks like a decent place to come to, with a patient boss

Yes, I think there is an element of this, and it could be a master-stroke ("bold and far-sighted," even) but boy is there some short-term pain (without any certainty that LJ will ever provide long-term gain) and more to come.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

Did you bother to watch the entire interview? 

Much as I want Junior gone there is a wider issue as SL said and my view is that there are too many fans do not see let alone understand the "wider issue".

To get a new man in is a huge and risky call with having to start all over again.

But......City could end up in League 1 next season and that would be a disaster for the entire club so keeping Junior in charge is a risk as well.

Who'd be in SLs boots right now? Not me for sure.

I would.

I quite fancy having all that money.....and the power that comes with it.

Do you reckon he wears DMs?

18 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

Agree after the one or two going over the top against Fulham I'm not taking my grandson. I've seen yobs in action too many times before. I hope security is tight but I fear that there will be one or two banned for future games.

Bear in mind, the worst behaviour seen inside AG this season, was at a rugby match between Bris and (I think) Exeter, in which adults - yobs, you might say - were exchanging blows, or fighting, basically. Not appropriate for anyone that (other than yobs)

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I would.

I quite fancy having all that money.....and the power that comes with it.

Do you reckon he wears DMs?

I reckon he wears bespoke shoes.

I happy being retired and although we'd all like a bit more dosh I still wouldn't want the hassle that goes with being a billionaire owner of any football club.

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Bear in mind, the worst behaviour seen inside AG this season, was at a rugby match between Bris and (I think) Exeter, in which adults - yobs, you might say - were exchanging blows, or fighting, basically. Not appropriate for anyone that (other than yobs)

That episode was a bunch of Marines out on a stag night..........pissed up lads and trouble soon follows.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't disagree, Roberto. I could still be right about Lansdown's logic though...

I like the discussion that you and @Olé are having, this represents a thought provoking angle and there could be something in this.  To take this a little further and pure hypothesis - lets assume the LT is the main protagonist, work has undergone behind the scenes to move him on during January but that has failed and we are stuck with him.  what to do? If LJ was to put him in with the kids the fans would be in uproar.  So SL backs the Manager as he did on RB and mentions that LT has to knuckle down.  Hopefully problem sorted.  However lets again assume that there are a number of problems with individuals at different times, because they are not quite so high profile they disappear from the scene for a while serving their punishment.  In some cases this may be masked by lack of form, injury, etc.  However as the owner SL has to back his Manager whilst this is trying to be sorted out.  Many will say that the situation may have been caused by the Manager, which may or may not be a fair point.  However for now he (LJ) is the one saddled with the problems and has been told by the Owner (through his statements) to sort it out.  For the Owner to give anything other than this statement brings more power to the players and may increase the problems.  in some ways we (the supporters) are the least of SL's worries at the moment.  I do not know what the solution is as i don't know what the underlying issues are, nevertheless I believe this is a good angle to take the discussion.  Thank you Gents.

I would also hope that SL has been to the training ground and also read the riot act to the players, as it is clear that there are many seemingly underperforming.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That episode was a bunch of Marines out on a stag night..........pissed up lads and trouble soon follows.

Ok, so that's ok then?

But if it's coked up lads - brickies, plasterers and scaffolders - from estates at football it's somehow more frightening for grandchildren?

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Don't know about it being his plaything but he sure don't like criticism!  Truth is that the buck stops with you Mr. Lansdown.

He should be well aware that City fans are very patient. 

He should feel lucky he wasn't born in Newcastle and screwing it up there instead. He'd be getting dogs abuse. 

Archived