IGNORED

The Official Newcastle United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really?  We take a 2-0 lead against the top side in the division at all their place, and come out with a 2-2 draw, and you can't be pleased?  Tragic.

No. I can't. It's like being selected to be on who wants to be a millionaire and then getting the first question wrong. 

"It's ok, at least you got on!"

yeh. Cheers. 

• Like 6

Yep, good point whatever the circumstances as Newcastle are streets ahead of us. Won't change my opinion of Johnson.....that was cemented watching abject defeats at home to Brentford, Preston, Cardiff, Reading and Fulham, losing at Wolves/Forest and surrendering that lead at Derby. Those are the games that see us where we are instead of being comfortable.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

I think you are right. Against derby i was angry with a point but im happy with that today even if we had a 2 goal lead. Lets hope LJ has found a group of players he can trust and stop chopping and changing every 5 mins. A good performace at villa and must win v burton and maybe he has a future here. He has to build on this though.

Yes very different from the Derby game, but don't know about the future with LJ. Still not hopeful unless the Fulham game has made something click in his head about needing to send a team out with fire in their bellies and a never say die attitude. Otherwise I think we're ******. 

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Great point, but yet again LJ shows he has no idea about game management... how many times have we let slip winning by 2 goals now?

The "game management" was in the first half energy and hussling, which helped us get 2 ahead. I think, in the circumstances, that is pretty good going for LJ, and to his credit. We need to see more of it, though, against the lesser sides, and then good things might happen more often

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really?  We take a 2-0 lead against the top side in the division at all their place, and come out with a 2-2 draw, and you can't be pleased?  Tragic.

I'm happy with this result but it's another 2 goal lead given away and we need 3 point games, not 1 here and there. It would be a great result if the last 16 out of 17 hasn't been so poor. 

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Not sure fell apart. Out played maybe, but battling until the end.

Well, that was my daughter's view at the match...but in fairness she's not seen us for a while, and probably thought our second half performance would match the first...the two never seem to match up. Pleased with a draw in the end. Said that the atmosphere was great.