IGNORED

Video highlights...

cityexile

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think Giefer has to be braver for the first goal. 

IMG_6002.PNG

Maybe. Made a couple of decent saves to.

Although it went in, not really to much wrong with players positioning there. Nice not to be screaming at six yards of space. One of those.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Possibly, looking again he looks like he is with his man, but the overlap has taken him out of the game, where is Cotts? 

I just thought Vyner was caught too far forward....and didn't keep up. At least he was forward not hanging back too deep like weve been doing too much of lately....

I thought we should have had somebody on the back stick for their second one although I'm not sure he would have got to it. Pack had just come on? Can anyone tell me if Cotts (who he replaced) was doing this duty beforehand? Annoying if so!

Well done the reds today though! Would have been my own hand off for 2-2 pre kick off!

21 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

I thought we should have had somebody on the back stick for their second one although I'm not sure he would have got to it. Pack had just come on? Can anyone tell me if Cotts (who he replaced) was doing this duty beforehand? Annoying if so!

Well done the reds today though! Would have been my own hand off for 2-2 pre kick off!

Actually I see Pack came on for Smith. Was Smith meant to be there?

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Shelley should have got nowhere near the ball for the first goal. Looks like Bailey and Korey both could have cut that ball out. 

Still looking at the positives though. Certainly plenty of energy and commitment from what I can tell.

Am I the only person who thought Shelvey blatantly fouled Smith in the run up to the goal?

10 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Am I the only person who thought Shelvey blatantly fouled Smith in the run up to the goal?

Nope!! I thought that too! Frustrating eh!?

1 hour ago, pikeysrobins said:

Wilbs was definitely on side.

Looks like Shelvey may have been holding back Smith for their first. Or was it poor defending?

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Pathetic from Giefer on first.  He will be distraught by that error

It's a difficult one as he has to watch his near post, but yes, he might feel he could cut it out.

The problem with highlights is it just shows moments. At least from the radio it sounded he had his best game do far, players were getting blocks in, last moment tackles etc.

3 hours ago, pikeysrobins said:

Wilbs was definitely on side.

Looks like Shelvey may have been holding back Smith for their first. Or was it poor defending?

It was poor letting the cross in, but Korey should have performed a dramatic belly flop in order to 'win' a free kick, rather than wrestle with Shelvey. 

I don't think you see the referee in shot, but he may have judged that both players were fouling and let play continue.

Cotterill impressed me for the second goal for just playing the percentages and hoping something could fall his way. We just don`t do this often enough - even with the easiest save to make if the keeper`s got to keep half an eye on a player running at him there`s always a slight chance he might get it wrong. Even if it only happens once or twice in fifty it makes it worthwhile doing as it`s almost always a certain goal if the keeper does cock it up.

I thought Newcastle were complacent towards us to start with. The first goal was a great example of play to the whistle. They just stood there appealing for offside. 

Giefer looked confident yesterday. Plucked crosses out of the air, slowed things down when he could. His kicking was decent too. Didn't get phased by the baying hordes when he took his time with a kick either. If he keeps on going the way he is, I think he will turn out to be an excellent loan signing. 

Archived