IGNORED

Throwing away 2 goal leads - very poor

tinman85

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Sheff Wed 2.0 up lost 3.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

Cardiff 2.1 up with 5 mins to go, lost 3.2

This does not make good reading for a team that have one of the highest spends in the Championship. If Warnock was the man in the dugout we would have won those games.

We take a point today under the circumstances but it always seems to be when we throw away valuable points  

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

This does not make good reading for a team that have one of the highest spends in the Championship. If Warnock was the man in the dugout we would have won those games.

We take a point today under the circumstances but it always seems to be when we throw away valuable points  

Please prove that out net spend was one of the highest in the division and that Warnock would have won these games and I will reply sensibly 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

Jesus H Corbett

We drew 2-2.

Nobody expected that pre game.

Very few expected that at HT

Whether you are right or wrong about the prior games, just please, FFS, acknowledge the man and his team did well today. You don't need to like it, you don't need to like him, but now is not the time for the Warnock stick

(incidentally, Neil's Cardiff lost at st James this season)

We were never expected to take even a point so regardless of the fashion in which that point happened, LJ deserves the credit for achieving it. I'm not entirely surprised the team struggled to keep the two goal lead for 90 minutes - Wilbs is 37, Smith lacking match practice, so against a team top of the league, it's not a massive surprise to concede late in the 2nd half.

One swallow doesn't make a summer however, and I've still not seen enough from LJ  to have a new found belief that he's the right man to lead the club forward. 

Some people really can't bring themselves to admit that Johnson did well today can they. He's got to improve an awful lot to win people back, but no one expected anything (well, apart from the inevitable draw after being ahead!) Credit where it's due. 

I can actually see us drawing again on Tuesday and beating Burton. 

23 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Some people really can't bring themselves to admit that Johnson did well today can they. He's got to improve an awful lot to win people back, but no one expected that today. Credit where it's due. 

Completely agree. I want LJ gone and have done for some time but if he can back today up with 4 points from the next 2 games i will start to think there is hope for him and us if he stays. Over to you Lee.......

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Some people really can't bring themselves to admit that Johnson did well today can they. He's got to improve an awful lot to win people back, but no one expected anything (well, apart from the inevitable draw after being ahead!) Credit where it's due. 

I'm not disputing a point is not the end of the world. Simply pointing out how many times we have thrown away a lead. It is why we are down where we are. We should have won the game today, as we should have v Derby. 

Just now, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

Must be hard only having one record in your collection. Try and buy another one and you could maybe change it. 

25 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

I know what your saying about Neil, nothing is guaranteed in football as this season has proved 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why attempt to pour cold water on what was a tremendous result today?

We are all well aware of how often we had given up two goal leads so just leave it out.

Permit us to feel a slight moment of optimism.

I'm not happy with the state of affairs at the moment. As I said it's a game of opinions. I didn't sing Johnson out at the game the other night even though I don't think he is right. I back the team during games. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why attempt to pour cold water on what was a tremendous result today?

We are all well aware of how often we had given up two goal leads so just leave it out.

Permit us to feel a slight moment of optimism.

Agreed, the lads did well and the whole team as a unit. We have all seen the BCFC of old; "a slight moment of optimism" always leads to complacency. We go into a losing streak, which this time, we cannot afford. The club still has issues. If they are not addressed now, it will only get worse. So, how do we say "Great game lads" but address the issues?

59 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

Weren't 2-1 up against Cardiff with five mins left at all.  14 mins played after equaliser.  Poor knowledge.

58 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

The results highlighted were absolute gutters, especially the Reading and Crapdiff ones. But it has to be said that today was an absolutely fantastic result. Was expecting an absolute tonking if I'm honest so to get 2-2 is amazing. Still want him gone as it stands and he has a hell of lot of reparations to make in order to change that which I can't see happening and fair play if he does, but you can't argue against today in any way shape or form. Got to be fair.  

It is a shame to draw a game when 2 ahead no matter the opposition and I agree with you any other game.  

However today I make an exception everyone worked there socks off,  we may have won had we had a replacement for Wilbs then again the spirit in the team maybe it wouldn't of.  

51 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I support Bristol city football club not little LJ, in fact I hate his BS and bluffing tactics and I'll never acknowledge him. Players need to stand up also as they are very well paid and I truly hope AM never puts on the shirt I love. LJ can be your messiah but he will never mean anything to me. 

Come at me with your agendas but I'm entitled to my opinion. 

LJ is hated by a lot of city fans! Very much like wenger is hated by gooners. 

6 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I support Bristol city football club not little LJ, in fact I hate his BS and bluffing tactics and I'll never acknowledge him. Players need to stand up also as they are very well paid and I truly hope AM never puts on the shirt I love. LJ can be your messiah but he will never mean anything to me. 

That's the same for everyone else I know, people will always support a club over a manager. Ridiculous to think otherwise. I don't think he's a 'messiah' either - I just object to people refusing to give him any credit whatsoever (just because they don't like him) after a very good result today.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

In the current form tables, over the last six games, even Derby are below us...which puts events at Pride Park into perspective

13 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Remarkable amount of drivel here - did you actually read what he said? Agendas? Phileas made a fair and balanced point. Just because he defended LJ in this instance doesn't mean he thinks he is the right man for the job.

I still want LJ out but that was still a flipping amazing point in our current position, typical City.  Wasn't at the game but sounded a completely different proposition to the end of the Derby game, be interested in the views of those that saw both.

Wilbs sounded immense as captain.

Onwards and upwards COYR!

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Derby 3.0 up drew 3.3

Newc 2.0 up drew 2.2

Reading 2.0 up lost 3.2

Made the same point on another thread - I don't buy into the notion that every time we fail to win from a leading position it means we've "thrown it away". That implies that every result is determined only by our own actions and gives no credit to the opposition who are also trying to influence the game.

On some occasions it may be true, but today I believe we drew because we were playing a good side, not because we "threw it away".

Archived