IGNORED

Rugby attendance today

ChippenhamRed

Watching Bristol v Bath. Top tier is shut, plenty of empty seats in the lower tier. Looks like maybe an 18k crowd to me.

This for Bristol's biggest game of the season against their local rivals, with both teams able to bring as many as they want. Is that not a bit disappointing?

I have no problem seeing the rugby pull in big crowds. But make no mistake, City are still the number one crowd-puller at Ashton Gate, the stadium was not "built for the rugby" (some I've seen a few times on here) and Bristol is not a "rugby city".

Enjoying the game though!

11 minutes ago, Backofthenet said:

If they charged £20 or so for a ticket today I would suggest they'd fill the place. Wanted £30 plus for my football seat in the south stand...not paying that I'm afraid!

I paid £27 with member discount to sit in the Dolman so I don't believe that's quite right. I thought that was a fair price.

Also I'm here with two Bath fans who said that was cheaper than they'd pay at the Rec.

A few City players are here, Pack, Wilbs and Flint along with Mark Ashton which I think is quite good especially after yesterday which would have been a long day.

I'm not even sure how I've managed to get here.

This sitting among away fans is a strange concept. 

There's a good couple of thousand Bath fans here aswell so makes it a poor showing by Bristol.

Child care, the fact it is on TV, ticket price, England on straight away after and expecting a trouncing meant a few of us haven't gone today. Went to the Quins game and so I expected more of the same today. Very very glad to be proved wrong though. Incredible result. 

17 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Six nations on TV, too expensive and Ashton gate really is a difficult place to get to let alone trying to park the car. 

I still think 16k is disappointing. Six nations aside, all of those reasons apply to the football.

Today I got the train to Temple Meads and took the ferry to Nova Scotia! Transport is an issue but I also think it's a bit of a poor excuse. If you want to get there, you can.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Child care, the fact it is on TV, ticket price, England on straight away after and expecting a trouncing meant a few of us haven't gone today. Went to the Quins game and so I expected more of the same today. Very very glad to be proved wrong though. Incredible result. 

Bris still going down though,do you think?

3 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Bris still going down though,do you think?

Genuinely think that next weekend will be winner takes all. Fixtures after that for both us and Wuss are pretty neck and neck, if we win next week and then beat Gloucester we stay up. Massive ifs though!!

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Genuinely think that next weekend will be winner takes all. Fixtures after that for both us and Wuss are pretty neck and neck, if we win next week and then beat Gloucester we stay up. Massive ifs though!!

I think you're right.  IF it's a win next weekend that crowd vs Glos could be 4K bigger than today's.

Archived