IGNORED

Rugby attendance today

ChippenhamRed

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Watching Bristol v Bath. Top tier is shut, plenty of empty seats in the lower tier. Looks like maybe an 18k crowd to me.

This for Bristol's biggest game of the season against their local rivals, with both teams able to bring as many as they want. Is that not a bit disappointing?

I have no problem seeing the rugby pull in big crowds. But make no mistake, City are still the number one crowd-puller at Ashton Gate, the stadium was not "built for the rugby" (some I've seen a few times on here) and Bristol is not a "rugby city".

Enjoying the game though!

SL said they'd overestimated the crowds for rugby in his last interview didn't he?

Just because the crowds don't turn up, doesn't mean the stadium wasn't designed anticipating more and the investment based in that assumption.

I'm sure the ground was designed for both teams being in their respective prems, looks a bit silly now doesn't it?   

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Watching Bristol v Bath. Top tier is shut, plenty of empty seats in the lower tier. Looks like maybe an 18k crowd to me.

This for Bristol's biggest game of the season against their local rivals, with both teams able to bring as many as they want. Is that not a bit disappointing?

I have no problem seeing the rugby pull in big crowds. But make no mistake, City are still the number one crowd-puller at Ashton Gate, the stadium was not "built for the rugby" (some I've seen a few times on here) and Bristol is not a "rugby city".

Enjoying the game though!

Also every Bristol combination team got 10 free tickets for this match.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst watching the rugby today I realised that the huge screen is actually pretty shit quality. Its not a crisp HD picture as you would expect but more Sd.

How are you going to find a definition of high enough quality to make a sharp picture on a screen that large.

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst watching the rugby today I realised that the huge screen is actually pretty shit quality. Its not a crisp HD picture as you would expect but more Sd.

Agree. The screen bottom-right showing the league cup final is excellent but they appear to be using an SD feed for the rugby on the big screen.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

A few City players are here, Pack, Wilbs and Flint along with Mark Ashton which I think is quite good especially after yesterday which would have been a long day.

I'm not even sure how I've managed to get here.

This sitting among away fans is a strange concept. 

There's a good couple of thousand Bath fans here aswell so makes it a poor showing by Bristol.

I saw Billy Searle, Bristol fly half at City v Fulham.

Agree 16,000 is disappointing due to various factors but still a lot more than several other clubs and a lot more than they could have got at the Mem.

Great result; staying up?

Archived