IGNORED

Leroy Rosenior autobiography

Olé

Just published and with a foreword by Andy Cole

http://amzn.to/2ltMVi1

"Highlights" so far:

• He and Andy Cole stayed in "Avon George" hotel together
  • Jewellers in Clifton pulled shutters down on him when he approached
  • Gambling culture among City players, who didn't like Andy Cole not getting involved
  • Player called "Andy Dean" described as one of the big personalities in the City dressing room
  • City board didn't want to sell Andy Cole but Denis Smith did in order to re-build squad
  • Under Osman, he coached Allison on heading "he couldn't head the ball" prior to the Liverpool games
  • Was after several beers Osman asked him to come out of retirement to play CB at Stockport in the cup

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

"Highlights" so far:

• Gambling culture among City players, who didn't like Andy Cole not getting involved
  • Player called "Andy Dean" described as one of the big personalities in the City dressing room
  • City board didn't want to sell Andy Cole but Denis Smith did in order to re-build squad
  • Under Osman, he coached Allison on heading "he couldn't head the ball" prior to the Liverpool games
  • Was after several beers Osman asked him to come out of retirement to play CB at Stockport in the cup

Dennis Smith had already been sacked by the time Andy Cole was sold to Newcastle!

It's not often that someone puts the name of the actual  writer (Leo Moynihan) on the cover of his 'autobiography'. Never understand how he gets to be a pundit on both broadcast and print media, his Matt Taylor valuation and regular opposition to safe standing being particularly good examples of his work.

10 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Dennis Smith had already been sacked by the time Andy Cole was sold to Newcastle!

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I liked Leroy as a player, but I can't remember the last time he didn't talk complete & utter bollocks! 

Leroy used to head the ball a lot (and sometimes, very effectively). If you know what I mean.......

1 hour ago, Olé said:

"Highlights" so far:

So City have used the hotel in the past. Possibly still do. So the whole Avon Gorge classic thread may have had truth in it after all...

11 minutes ago, Calculus said:

It's not often that someone puts the name of the actual  writer (Leo Moynihan) on the cover of his 'autobiography'. Never understand how he gets to be a pundit on both broadcast and print media, his Matt Taylor valuation and regular opposition to safe standing being particularly good examples of his work.

Ghostwriter you mean? What? Leroy didn't write it himself? Who does he think he is? Katie Price?

11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Leroy had one of the strangest running styles I've ever seen! Only matched by Brett pitman !

In fairness, one of Leroy's knees were so shot that he basically had to teach himself to run again and needed to develop a style that reduced wear & tear on his joints. 

Pitman just has a fat arse. 

13 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Leroy had one of the strangest running styles I've ever seen! Only matched by Brett pitman !

Didn't he put that down to his bad knees? I seem to remember it had to remodel it or he would have had to retire a lot earlier

Edit - Bar BS3 beat me to it. Glad I'm not going mad

22 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

Have you got the link? 

Guessing @Benjam!n Ultra meant this £10million article - "Bidding should start at £10m for Matty Taylor"...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/leroy-rosenior-bidding-should-star-at-10m-for-matty-taylor-while-city-need-defensive-grit/story-29913351-detail/story.html

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Guessing @Benjam!n Ultra meant this £10million article - "Bidding should start at £10m for Matty Taylor"

Interesting, because this is what he thinks of Dave Burnside (who he absolutely loathed as part of the 3 wise men) doing it:

58b5583210a69_ScreenShot2017-02-28at10_59_28.thumb.png.bdc8216e90383324724627200d5a1adf.png

He goes on to say Tony Fawthrop being made manager at the start of the 2001 season was racism. TBF, I think he had a point.

28 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That's the one! Memory told me £15m. Though it doesn't make it any less laughable. 

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

I see Leroy fairly regularly when dropping my kid off at School and he does walk like both of his knees need replacing.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Anyone else racking their brains over Andy Dean?? Don't remember him at all

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Name changed to protect reputation?

Was on Talksport yesterday talking about the book

Apparently there's some accounts of real targeted racism when he was a young player at Fulham

He said he has decided not to name any person he outed in the book as those people might be different people now and he felt it unfair to name them ( Which I thought was pretty decent tbh )

Trying to rack my mind back to that team and think of the big personality ( Mark Aizlewood is my initial thought ) 

3 hours ago, Olé said:

"Highlights" so far:

Er.... any mention of Louise Moran and her "extended thighlights" ?:nono:

20 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Universal jointed knees.

It was odd watching him run, particularly from behind. As his right leg came up it seemed to flick out to the side and then down. Not so bad when jogging but in full sprint it just looked really weird.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Nope - he is mentioned alongside him:

58b5706cab8ca_ScreenShot2017-02-28at08_30_57.thumb.png.ee194a523317ea0a315cf5c9b4da4f26.png

Strange, was Andy LLewellyn the only Andy in the squad (other than Andy (call me Andrew) Cole at the time? I heard all sorts of stories about the time that Cole was here, training on his own, having his own personal physio and things like that. The idea that the colour of his skin was part of the problem seems strange considering at the time we had, Leroy, Allison, Junior, Gerry Harrison and I think we also had Terry Connor as well, thats just the ones I can think of, so it's not like he would have stood out.

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

So City have used the hotel in the past. Possibly still do. So the whole Avon Gorge classic thread may have had truth in it after all...

Ghostwriter you mean? What? Leroy didn't write it himself? Who does he think he is? Katie Price?

All the stars use ghost writers for their 'autobiographies'. Just ask Phil Spectre.

Archived