IGNORED

Giefer

Big Red Rich

I don't understand what people think he's done wrong, I think he looks by far the best keeper we've had in a while. Hasn't been responsible for any of the goals conceded and his kicking against Newcastle was spot on, found Wilbs consistently. In order to keep clean sheets you have to have an organised defence it's not just down to the keeper. How many clean sheets did Heaton keep when he played for us yet he's in the England set-up now.

4 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Hasn't played for two seasons. Not difficult to see why. Another master stroke of a signing. 

Agree, in fact all of the January signings have been magnificent - fantastic work by Des, Mark and LJ.

I was getting worried when we were slipping down the table back end of last year, but the players they have brought in have made a huge difference.

Cant't wait to see what 'gems' they secure in the summer........

I posted this in a fit of rage & have now got back (finally!) from villa. 

Not much has changed in my view, he just looks a week keeper, his kicking is shoddy & he made an awful mistake that nearlycost us.

Flint proper lost his rag with him, says a lot i think.

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

To answer the question why we signed him, you must look at who is agent is...and if you keep pulling that thread it all starts to become very depressing.

Who is his agent, and what other players at the club does he represent?

7 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I posted this in a fit of rage & have now got back (finally!) from villa. 

Not much has changed in my view, he just looks a week keeper, his kicking is shoddy & he made an awful mistake that nearlycost us.

Flint proper lost his rag with him, says a lot i think.

When did Flint lose his rag with him? Giefer did nowt wrong tonight.

1 minute ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

So he didnt pass it straight to their player? I must have been watching a different game..

15 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Flint lost his rag when he refused to play on when Kodjia was pussying around in the floor... he was fuming... haven't seen him that passionate in a while!!

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Flint lost his rag when he refused to play on when Kodjia was pussying around in the floor... he was fuming... haven't seen him that passionate in a while!!

Oh yeah I remember, I did as well. 

"Let him die let him die let him die" :D

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Apparently he had a good game Saturday. Can't see what he done wrong tonight. Not at fault for either goal 

What about the horrendous penalty he gave away, or the pass straight to the opposition which narrowly didn't end in a goal. He was good Saturday but every other game he's been nothing short of a disaster.

I think keeper is one position in particular where the player ideally needs a good run of games in-front of a settled defence in one formation as a bedding in period; especially if, like Giefer, you've not been playing regularly. Logically this would be pre-season. To bring him in mid-season when there's no time for a bedding in period, as well as potential further issues coming into a new country and playing new with teammates speaking his second or third language looks like an error of judgement. 

With his pedigree i've no doubt he's a good keeper when settled and familiar. Seems a mistake to bring in a foreign keeper, who hasn't been playing that regularly, mid-season.

9 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

What about the horrendous penalty he gave away, or the pass straight to the opposition which narrowly didn't end in a goal. He was good Saturday but every other game he's been nothing short of a disaster.

Horrendous penalty? Hardly much he could do he had to commit to the ball. Suspect backpass

29 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It was crap all round but no he didn't have to commit, the ball was going out for a goal kick by the time he wiped out the attacker.

Are you having a bubble?

What their player did was smart, he saw him coming out and drew the foul. It's not as if he miscontrolled the ball and it ended up in row D of the stand behind the goal. 

Not an ounce of blame for that challenge. Bobby Reid's backpass was horrendous, about the only thing he did last night wasn't it? Totally anonymous.

3 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Horrendous penalty. Ye totally his fault. If you're going to criticise him fair enough. But to blame him for the penalty is IMO is bullshit . As for being a disaster. He doesn't look out of place with the majority of the outfield players. Or the head coach or the owner this season. Because the whole ******* thing has been nothing short of a disaster 

I refuse to believe that none of the goalkeepers we've ever been through are any good. 

I lie the blame firmly at the feet of what's in front of him and the coaching thereof. 

Remember when everyone thought Heaton was crap? 

We could have had Neuer in goal this season and we wouldn't be any better off.

Very harsh to blame a keeper for our issues at the moment. 

Archived