IGNORED

The Players

Bs4Red

Cannot believe all the anger and frustration is being pointed directly at the manager.

Some of the players are an absolute disgrace to this club and don't deserve to wear the badge. 

Lack of fight and passion. That's not the managers fault, the players are absolutely spineless

4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Cannot believe all the anger and frustration is being pointed directly at the manager.

Some of the players are an absolute disgrace to this club and don't deserve to wear the badge. 

Lack of fight and passion. That's not the managers fault, the players are absolutely spineless

I said this after Fulham lack of fight and effort is not down to the manager, if they are not good enough I can accept that but not lack of effort. Clearly LJ has to go but I would happily see many of those disappear too.

4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Perhaps the players are just as confused as the rest of us. Play one week and not the next, one week we totally sit off the opposition, the next week we are told by LJ that he will pick a team full of energy and close the opposition down!

We buy strikers in, then rely on a 38 year old to give us 'energy'. 

We haven't got a Championship manager, we have someone gambling each week and hoping eventually he will pick a winner. 

The players are confused and lacking all confidence, which stems from stupid team selections. Matthews for one since the CB game against Reading. And the fact he's lost the dressing room. Never mind the compounding of how the players seemingly don't know our own tactics.

That never happened under SC'S despite similar circumstances, and despite the same generic team selections players gave 100%. There's a reason the manager is taking the flak.

37 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The players are confused and lacking all confidence, which stems from stupid team selections. Matthews for one since the CB game against Reading. And the fact he's lost the dressing room. Never mind the compounding of how the players seemingly don't know our own tactics.

That never happened under SC'S despite similar circumstances, and despite the same generic team selections players gave 100%. There's a reason the manager is taking the flak.

I don't agree he's lost the dressing room at all, you don't put performances in like Saturday if he had done so. 

Player power is to strong these days, he'd have been gone by now. 

Disagree with you. The players don't try and have a lack of passion. That's on them 

14 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I don't agree he's lost the dressing room at all, you don't put performances in like Saturday if he had done so. 

Player power is to strong these days, he'd have been gone by now. 

Disagree with you. The players don't try and have a lack of passion. That's on them 

Fair enough.

But they're the players he 'trusts', if that doesn't signify at least division I don't know what does, especially when those same rumoured bust-up players can't get in the team ala Paterson, Pack, Tomlin.

Even if he hasn't lost the dressing room, either the tactics aren't working, or he can't simply motivate them.

He bought most of these players - it's his sign off remember. So if they lack quality and lack spirit then that is his fault.

he was given money to buy half of  a new  team including a whole new spine in January - when he should have been exactly aware of our problems and what is needed. Now a number of them can't get in the team.

I wonder if the players can even themselves fathom how the manager is still here.......

I must be honest, in the show of discontent versus Fulham, which was so void of passion, grit and steel, I was very shocked "we're Bristol City, so play with some pride" or "Your not fit to weart the shirt" did not get more of an outing.

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Please take a look at the goals we concede and tell me that it's not down to coaching?.

Why do we concede so much midfield territory?, why do we not get close to attackers or midfielders?, why do we not know how to block crosses?, all of these are simple and normal football skills that these 'professionals' should have had drilled into them from day one of their cosseted life as a professional, it can only be down to coaching that 5 months down the line the same things happens in every single match.

One last question why do our players run out of energy in the final third of a game?.

it's all down to management and coaching and ours is a joke?.

Aden Flint - by no fault of his own is being picked week in week out. He has been a mainstay in a Championship side who cannot defend. Why is he never dropped? I get he has been a hero for this club a few years ago but he has cost us more than saved us since we have been in this League. Needs dropping.

O'Neil, Tomlin and Matthews have simply let us all down. 

Others like Reid, Bryan, Paterson, Little, O'Dowda, Pack, Brownhill, Smith, Golbourne, Fielding and Giefer simply are not consistent enough at this level and are L1 players.

Ultimately it is the Man in charge who I counted has bought in 17 new players to the club since the Summer and has failed. 

I have no other words other than what an embarassment. Karma is really hitting LJ and SL right now for being so cocky in the summer.

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Please take a look at the goals we concede and tell me that it's not down to coaching?.

Why do we concede so much midfield territory?, why do we not get close to attackers or midfielders?, why do we not know how to block crosses?, all of these are simple and normal football skills that these 'professionals' should have had drilled into them from day one of their cosseted life as a professional, it can only be down to coaching that 5 months down the line the same things happens in every single match.

One last question why do our players run out of energy in the final third of a game?.

Bang on the money EMB.You really can't believe that a team is actually coached to play like we do from one week to the next.The whole lot from LJ down to all the coaches involved with the first team need replacing as not fit for purpose.

As for his interview after the game last night I was gobsmacked by it.We were getting too deep in the second half so why the hell didn't he shout at them to push up and make sure they did what he wanted.He looks like a rabbit in the headlights stood on his own with his hands in his pockets waiting for the inevitable to happen.

33 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It's not all down to management. If Joe Bryan needs to be told that he should be tighter to the bloke that crossed the ball for the first goal then there is no hope for him. Blame LJ for many things but the players should not get away with it

53 minutes ago, Super said:

It's not all down to management. If Joe Bryan needs to be told that he should be tighter to the bloke that crossed the ball for the first goal then there is no hope for him. Blame LJ for many things but the players should not get away with it

@Super this is not a new phenomena it's been happening for 5 months, if Bryan, Golbourne, Little, Matthews, Reid, Pack, GON, Brownhill etc, etc have been ignoring LJ and the coaching staff for 5 months bearing in mind that all but Reid and Bryan are his signings, then either the coaching is piss poor or they are doing exactly what they are being coached to do?

Something is seriously wrong, I played my first game in defence for one of my school teams some 54 years ago as a 9/10 year old and I knew how to get close to a player that I was marking, I knew not to allow a player to turn and I knew as a rule of thumb to show him the bye line and keep close to him harrying him all of the way and when the opportunity arose get my foot in.

One last point you highlighted Joe Bryan, what do you say about the man who earlier in the season reckoned that left back was his position and that he would play in that position at a much higher level?, for me it would sound alarm bells as to the competency of that man.

PS:- One other note about the competency of LJ, as I pointed out the problems that i've outlined go back 5 months and counting, why was only one 1 central midfielder signed in the January window (another who cannot now get into the team) and no full backs??????

Hasn't lost the dressing room. Don't make me laugh! 

Every player in this division can get up for Newcastle away without much motivation it's Fulham at home and such games the manager needs to do his job!

Players/employees put in a shift for the right bloke. Ayling gone Freeman gone. Does anyone not think they wanted away from LJ, of course they did. Why on earth does anyone think Freeman would not sign. 

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

It's what happens when players don't believe in the manager anymore. After all, why would they?

The Fulham game was an absolute joke from the moment the manager picked the wrong players in the wrong formation, allowing the opposition to look like Real Madrid. He's admitted it himself.

Not for the first time.

The players aren't blameless but the manager has been the primary author of his own (and thus our) misfortunes.

32 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's what happens when players don't believe in the manager anymore. After all, why would they?

The Fulham game was an absolute joke from the moment the manager picked the wrong players in the wrong formation, allowing the opposition to look like Real Madrid. He's admitted it himself.

Not for the first time.

The players aren't blameless but the manager has been the primary author of his own (and thus our) misfortunes.

I don't think the players are deliberately not playing for the manager, I just think with all the changes (including all the in game changes Lee prides himself on telling us about - when they work) they don't know how to play for the manager.

No player in this league wouldn't be up for an away game at the leaders in front of 50k, Especially from the first whistle.

It's what is said at HT that worries me though. Our continuous collapses in the second half of games tells me the dressing room isn't right. 

4 hours ago, Super said:

I'm not saying JB shouldn't have been tighter, but one week ( or one half! ) the team sits in and stands off the opposition,  the following game we see them pressing the ball. 

LJ said in his post match interview last night that we dropped too deep in the second half last night, that's why we lost!. How ****** hard is it to tell them from the sideline to push up? the excuses are unbelievable.

Guest Bcfcchris69

Not the players!!!!!! As far as I'm concerned we've got a squad full of quality players Tomlin Hegglar O'Neil Smith Abraham Cotterill Pack Bryan are all absolute quality on their day playing in there right positions within a system that is practiced day in day out the reason we are garbage is the constant chopping and changing a tactically inept manager and league one defence and if Johnson can't see magnussen is our best defender by a country mile then he shouldn't be in management he is totally clueless and if he stays we will be relegated simples!!!!!

8 hours ago, Dingbat said:

Perhaps it's not that they are spineless, but are just not good enough.

As an example, I wouldn't say Flint has no passion or fight in him, but is he good enough at this level....maybe not.

Everyone doesn't know where to point the finger. The manager? The players? The Owner?

People rave about this squad we have. Apparently 'atleast a mid table team'? 

Are we sure?

Becuse all I see every week is mistake after mistake after mistake. It's not how we play in game, or a lack of effort, it's just ridiculously poor mistakes. 

Thats why, despite our horrendous form, I don't put the majority of blame at Johnsons door. How many times have we led in games, and mistakes have been our downfall? How many times have we put in a very good 1st have performance, only for it to go tits up in the 2nd? 

It clearly shows, Johnson inbeds some sort of decent game plan into the boys, we're just not good enough to maintain it for a full 90mins. 

And for me, at the moment, it's as simple as that - we're not good enough. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Disagree about it being the players fault. They clearly give 100% and most of them are certainly good enough for the championship. If a manager if making terrible decisions every week, then what chance have they got. 

Did you watch fulham game?

LJ is clearly out of his depth but some of the players have let him down badly. Not many brave characters in our side but plenty of spineless ones unfortunately.

A classic example of this was last night when losing the game we were awarded a free kick. The ball rolled off the pitch and the fat mess that is Steve Bruce picked it up and started to shout at the ref, Joe Bryan just stood and watched on....no urgency or desire to get the ball back....instead O'Neil rushed passed Bryan to get the ball back off Bruce. 

It reflected what has been happening on the pitch for too long now....let someone else take responsibility.

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

LJ is clearly out of his depth but some of the players have let him down badly. Not many brave characters in our side but plenty of spineless ones unfortunately.

A classic example of this was last night when losing the game we were awarded a free kick. The ball rolled off the pitch and the fat mess that is Steve Bruce picked it up and started to shout at the ref, Joe Bryan just stood and watched on....no urgency or desire to get the ball back....instead O'Neil rushed passed Bryan to get the ball back off Bruce. 

It reflected what has been happening on the pitch for too long now....let someone else take responsibility.

Joe bryan is **** mate. Said it all along, talk of Everton being in for him is laughable now looking back. Reid the same, we'd be better off winding up the academy.. a complete waste of money.

10 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

A lot of the players don't like the manager he wants to publically criticize them one minute and be their mates the next.

That's not my opinion its from an informed source.

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

One last point you highlighted Joe Bryan, what do you say about the man who earlier in the season reckoned that left back was his position and that he would play in that position at a much higher level?, for me it would sound alarm bells as to the competency of that man.

Believe it or not, in the pro-game, a lot of coaching is to send them inside, hopefully into a crowd, or into your supporting player.  

Thought Bryan was ok last night.  Don't think anyone was shit, but not good enough overall.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Every player in this division can get up for Newcastle away without much motivation it's Fulham at home and such games the manager needs to do his job!

Players/employees put in a shift for the right bloke. Ayling gone Freeman gone. Does anyone not think they wanted away from LJ, of course they did. Why on earth does anyone think Freeman would not sign. 

Beat me to it, playing catch up tonight.  I think there's much truth in what you've posted there.

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps the players are just as confused as the rest of us. Play one week and not the next, one week we totally sit off the opposition, the next week we are told by LJ that he will pick a team full of energy and close the opposition down!

We haven't got a Championship manager, we have someone gambling each week and hoping eventually he will pick a winner. 

Not strictly true. 

Tammy and Djuric would be ahead of Wilbs in the line up if fit and Taylor is not a lone striker - given that playing one up top away to the league leaders is probably fair enough, he was our only option.

31 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not strictly true. 

Tammy and Djuric would be ahead of Wilbs in the line up if fit and Taylor is not a lone striker - given that playing one up top away to the league leaders is probably fair enough, he was our only option.

Because we are only capable of playing that one system and we play that one system absolutely piss poorly to boot, because the manager has not sorted out the full back and central midfield deficiency in the squad, we don't have one full back fit for purpose or a central midfielder who either stays focused or fit enough to last 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Because we are only capable of playing that one system and we play that one system absolutely piss poorly to boot, because the manager has not sorted out the full back and central midfield deficiency in the squad, we don't have one full back fit for purpose or a central midfielder who either stays focused or fit enough to last 90 minutes.

Couldn't agree more, but TBF to LJ, MA has to take some blame for this.

Plus the players themselves have to take responsibility, especially Matthews who is a disgrace to professionalism. 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Couldn't agree more, but TBF to LJ, MA has to take some blame for this.

Plus the players themselves have to take responsibility, especially Matthews who is a disgrace to professionalism. 

if you are trying to suggest that LJ had little or no say with the January signings you are seeking to the wrong person, I don't believe a bit of it.

As for Matthews LJ must have had a clue as to his lack of professionalism last season, but was totally blinkered into signing him to the exclusion of anybody else and letting Ayling go to boot, IMO that is shit of his own making.

And also bigging up Bryan as an up and coming left back superstar just about shows how poor his judgement really is.

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

if you are trying to suggest that LJ had little or no say with the January signings you are seeking to the wrong person, I don't believe a bit of it.

No, where did I say that? But can LJ force people to sign for us? No. Also in reality we'll never know who was 'on the list' for transfers or not this Jan. We may have been going after a RB or LB and been unable to for a number of reasons.

As for Matthews LJ must have had a clue as to his lack of professionalism last season, but was totally blinkered into signing him to the exclusion of anybody else and letting Ayling go to boot, IMO that is shit of his own making.

All hindsight in my opinion. Matthews was excellent for much of last season and everyone was desperate we resigned him. Also, hindsight is wonderful for Ayling, pretty much everyone wasn't too unhappy to see him moved on,  he'd been on the edge of the team anyway and people thought we could do better.

And also bigging up Bryan as an up and coming left back superstar just about shows how poor his judgement really is.

Well didn't previous managers use him as a LB? It's only really LJ who has played him further up for the majority of games.

I'm trying to defend LJ for the sake of it. He is due plenty of criticism, but I can't agree with everything that has been laid at his door step.

12 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

bit like me doing the lottery, and we all know how that usually turns out!!

20 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly

Archived