IGNORED

Stop ******* tweeting

BigAl&Toby

And retweeting.

I've heard it all before. On telly. On the radio. On the main site.

And I know what sort of shit all you players like. And to be honest I don't give a flying ****.

Get on with the task in hand. Focus on that. Stop taking the piss or rubbing my nose in it.

All I want from you is to deliver the goods on the pitch. Do that and do it well then I'll be happy.

And twitter away until your fingers ache, but do it once you've achieved some success and our Championship future is secure.

Thank you.

Lee Johnson has tweeted twice since November. Once to wish everyone Merry Christmas and once to express his condolences at the death of Graham Taylor.

He doesn't manage the club's media account, which is just detailing the press conferences that managers are expected to give.

• Admin

I do find it amusing how the players will all tweet the same kind of message, at least if the club are giving out this instruction at least try and make them sound a little bit personal rather than a blanket message 

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And retweeting.

And I know what sort of shit all you players like. And to be honest I don't give a flying ****.

Get on with the task in hand. Focus on that. Stop taking the piss or rubbing my nose in it.

All I want from you is to deliver the goods on the pitch. Do that and do it well then I'll be happy.

And twitter away until your fingers ache, but do it once you've achieved some success and our Championship future is secure.

Thank you.

be very careful when doing this, it can be painful. just remember if you want to fly throw yourself at the ground and miss :-)

The messages tweeted by the players thanking fans for support after games is all rubbish instructed by the club/their agents - and if they are high profile enough - written by their PAs. The players absolutely couldn't give a toss that much to go out of their way to 'thank' the fans. It's all part of modern day football aimed to give the impression that players give a shit about the team they play for and their supporters.

Except for

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

The messages tweeted by the players thanking fans for support after games is all rubbish instructed by the club/their agents - and if they are high profile enough - written by their PAs. The players absolutely couldn't give a toss that much to go out of their way to 'thank' the fans. It's all part of modern day football aimed to give the impression that players give a shit about the team they play for and their supporters.

Except for Albert who shows more passion for this club while at Boro and now Villa than most of the couldn't care less free-loaders Matthews yes you.Who can't be arsed to even turn up and play. 

Joe Bryan is an odd one. I don't use instagram an awful lot, but when I do I find JB has found a lovely picture of him looking young, fit and healthy (the bastard!) and adds some generic message along the lines of 'unlucky, go again Tuesday' etc

I get the social media is a personal thing, but why not a pic of your on your arse after having your ankles broken by their right winger again with an non generic '****** it up, sorry, thank you for the support' message?

4 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Just ******* unfollow them.

Thank you.

Hey ho.

You're missing the point. It's not necessarily that I don't want to read them. I want them all to focus on the task in hand - putting in a shift during a full 90 minutes.

I couldn't care less what bollocks any of them want to spout. And that includes the shit that comes out of the club after a press conference. Is it too much to ask for every effort to be made in doing exactly what they get paid to do.

And @Phileas Fogg yep - I'm a dad. And it might be a dad comment. But twitter, instagram, Xboxs and PlayStations and the blind and aimless reliance upon them drives me ******* mad :)

18 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Hey ho.

You're missing the point. It's not necessarily that I don't want to read them. I want them all to focus on the task in hand - putting in a shift during a full 90 minutes.

I couldn't care less what bollocks any of them want to spout. And that includes the shit that comes out of the club after a press conference. Is it too much to ask for every effort to be made in doing exactly what they get paid to do.

And @Phileas Fogg yep - I'm a dad. And it might be a dad comment. But twitter, instagram, Xboxs and PlayStations and the blind and aimless reliance upon them drives me ******* mad :)

I like my PlayStation   :igiveup:

5 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And retweeting.

Thank you.

I also remember the 1st time I went on the interweb .

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Don't use twitter or faceache so blissfully unaware of anything that goes on ....:blink:

Same as me mate. Got better things to be doing than all that bollocks.

The Mrs is on it, and it drives me fooking mad with her checking her phone every 5 minutes to see if she's missed anything.

Ooh look, Carole has taken a picture of what she's having for tea, my reply, is that a picture of Carole sat there in the nude eating her tea, no she says, well I ain't fooking interested then :laugh:

55 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Hey ho.

Why do you think those things correspond to what happens on the pitch? They can't train 24/7 or we wouldn't be able to field a team. So there is going to be downtime between matches. What is you would like them to do? 

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ooh look, Carole has taken a picture of what she's having for tea, my reply, is that a picture of Carole sat there in the nude eating her tea, no she says, well I ain't fooking interested then :laugh:

Condensed version:

You want to see Carole's kebab?

Our players are so quick to let everyone know when they're left out of the squad, usually do it before the team sheets are released. 

Paterson, Brownhill and Magnusson love the attention that comes with doing this & having fans tweet them letting them know how good they are & asking why they're not in the team.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Hey ho.

Let me guess. You are BigAl and the kids are Toby and Liam?

2 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

Why do you think those things correspond to what happens on the pitch? They can't train 24/7 or we wouldn't be able to field a team. So there is going to be downtime between matches. What is you would like them to do? 

Put some effort in when they're on the pitch.

Show some passion.

Win?

• Admin
15 hours ago, Rob k said:

They can tweet and Facebook all they like as far as I'm concerned, they are not owned by BCFC 

That was my issue - if we win a game soon look at all the players tweets

They are all almost word for word identical - it's like someone has written on a whiteboard what to tweet and they all copy it

Archived