IGNORED

Recruitment

Sparkz 76

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting yet worrying post @Harry. Apologies, @ciderwithtommy - you were right then, seems I fell for the club propaganda as I was sure he joined us in a much more successful period!

Taylor going has been kept incredibly quiet, it was discussed on here but was never clarified whether it was a rumour or true. 

Phileas - don't kid yourself into thinking that Ashton had anything to do with the attaining of Cat 2 Academy status either (I see you mentioned this in an earlier post).  More spin to falsely enhance Ashton's reputation I'm afraid.
Everyone, quite clearly, knows that Amy Kington was the brains behind that operation.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Phileas - don't kid yourself into thinking that Ashton had anything to do with the attaining of Cat 2 Academy status either (I see you mentioned this in an earlier post).  More spin to falsely enhance Ashton's reputation I'm afraid.
Everyone, quite clearly, knows that Amy Kington was the brains behind that operation.

Oh dear.. seems there's been lots of exaggerated spin put out about Ashton then. I think he speaks well (if you filter out the buzzwords) and we have been efficient at bringing in players with him here but this new info is a bit worrying.

I find the club's stance on information it releases/doesn't release concerning, it's patronising and potentially quite damaging. 

Will the Des Taylor situation be clarified by the club? What were his reasons for leaving?

12 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Not sure what the reality is, but MA has had his consultancy business for a few years , even went and checked his business profile, and I guess that is where SL has used him over the years to advise on deals. It stoped when he went to Oxford and we employed Pelling. Then he came back in a full time role as we now have. From what I see, deals seem to get done, where as in the summer post promotion, they did not, and that must have had something to do with the mgt off the field and not just SC. Apart from Engvall most signings I can understand where they were coming from. 

I am more interested in Des Taylor though, as he was meant to be our link to finding talent that Bournemouth have so well utilised for example. Not even a year is short even by our standards. 

Deals have always been done. MA is not the only bloke who manages to get deals done. The failures of the summer 2015 transfer window go far beyond whether someone like MA was in charge or not - goes much deeper as has been done in detail on here over the course of time. 

This club doesn't suddenly cease the ability to finalise deals just because of Ashton. 

As said earlier, he himself said "all football matters go through him", therefore his head should be above the parapet when it comes to locating the failures of this shambolic season. Des Taylor has gone, time for both Ashton & Johnson to follow, the quicker the better. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Deals have always been done. MA is not the only bloke who manages to get deals done. The failures of the summer 2015 transfer window go far beyond whether someone like MA was in charge or not - goes much deeper as has been done in detail on here over the course of time. 

This club doesn't suddenly cease the ability to finalise deals just because of Ashton. 

As said earlier, he himself said "all football matters go through him", therefore his head should be above the parapet when it comes to locating the failures of this shambolic season. Des Taylor has gone, time for both Ashton & Johnson to follow, the quicker the better. 

Ah these things are always brought up when it's going tits up though aren't they. Nobody mentioned this early part of the season! 

I remember in the Mcinnes, SOD and even Gary Johnson's era, there were problems behind the scenes being spouted on here when it was going wrong. 

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting theory.

So if all the signings bar 2 have worked out, (as LJ has signed a staggering 20 players this season personally I strongly doubt that), anyway, going along with this theory where does that suggest that the blame lies for a side that has picked up 10 points from the last 60 available, then?

Probably the fans, I guess..

I don't think it's a theory, it's just my opinion.

But there are a couple of points worth addressing here:

1. I said that a lot of the signings were ones for the future and could thus "work out" without necessarily producing a great side right away. In particular, I think Brownhill (21), Magnusson (24) and O'Dowda (21) have shown a fair amount of promise so far.

2. I've pointed out elsewhere that LJ could now put out a side composed entirely of players he has signed. Whilst I don't think anyone would call the squad complete he's not in a position to argue that it's not his squad. In my opinion he now has the majority of the tools he needs to do his job, particularly since the January window in which a number of senior players were signed, so he really needs to demonstrate that he can use them to their potential.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

This deserves multiple likes

So, Des Taylor. His choice to go, or pushed?

I dont want to doubt Harry,  but can we even be 100% that he's gone?

If he was with a different club as has been suggested wouldn't they have announced it, even if City were keeping quiet? He is quite famous as coaches go.

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I dont want to doubt Harry,  but can we even be 100% that he's gone?

If he was with a different club as has been suggested wouldn't they have announced it, even if City were keeping quiet? He is quite famous as coaches go.

The people that seem likely to know seem sure, but it is incredibly odd, even for City, for it to be unannounced.....as yet

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I did find it strange that SL put his head on the line with an ill advised video when MA is paid for all things football as you say

Because Lansdown thinks if he appears in a vid and tells us all it's ok, 80% will believe him and carry on as per. If Ashton did it, in these dire circumstances, people would ask where Lansdown was. 

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

The people that seem likely to know seem sure, but it is incredibly odd, even for City, for it to be unannounced.....as yet

Really, Woodsy? Come one! They're hardly transparent, are they. Have we been told why the changing room debacle took so long? About how the rooms were built too small for rugby squads and had to be redone? Why would we leak bad news, an absolute hornet's nest, at this time? A football club is as Machiavellian as a political party or an office/business set-up.Need to know basis - Lansdown says all we need to know right now is that things are ok, we're not in the relegation zone. 

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I'd like it confirmed either by people I know or in the media, rather than by some online maven. 

It might be right, but you'll forgive me if I take everything I read here with a pinch of salt. 

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Really, Woodsy? Come one! They're hardly transparent, are they. Have we been told why the changing room debacle took so long? About how the rooms were built too small for rugby squads and had to be redone? Why would we leak bad news, an absolute hornet's nest, at this time? A football club is as Machiavellian as a political party or an office/business set-up.Need to know basis - Lansdown says all we need to know right now is that things are ok, we're not in the relegation zone. 

I'm gonna need that irony emoji sooner than I thought! I'm with you, Surge! Even if you google it, the only link comes back to OTIB.....

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd like it confirmed either by people I know or in the media, rather than by some online maven. 

It might be right, but you'll forgive me if I take everything I read here with a pinch of salt. 

Pinch? Give me the whole damn pot right now, Robbo!

Archived