IGNORED

2 years ago today

Vincent Vega

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

we were in league one, I'd much rather be in the position we are now than playing Rochdale at home on a tuesday night and when we stay up (which i think we will) we will be able to look to the future not the past

That's the issue, we're probably looking at our future.

1 hour ago, ploppy said:

Hi, I'm here to ruin your thread.

johnson43213-2944855.jpg

God words can not quite describe how I feel looking at this picture, but if they could I would be accused of being not a real supporter by some Muppett, like the one who told me in December he know's a teensy weensy bit more than us.

He know's bugger all!

My fingers are crossed for a result tomorrow if for nothing else than I fear there will be a crowd meltdown of the like never seen at AG!

COYR

10 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

He was at Oldham

Edit: Or was he..

I think he was at Barnsley around about that point. He left Oldham 5th in the table (Lee did a very good job there) and Barnsley hired him when they were near the relegation zone that season - I think after they sacked Danny Wilson.

The result that put us there which was two years ago today was the 3-1 at Orient, it wasn't long after losing at Colchester and an absolutely sensational performance from going one down, we absolutely lit them up, the pace and the movement was off the charts. I got a load of my company to come down to the game and they thought we were a different class.

Two years on and we've had five or six months of complete chaos and confusion, all in the name of producing the same sort of high tempo pass and move football. Granted L1 is a different standard but it beggars belief that the level of continual cycling through line ups and transfers was entirely needed to get players playing with that same pace and self-belief. Instead we have bought three new tool sets and are continuing to this day to blame the tools.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

I think he was at Barnsley around about that point. He left Oldham 5th in the table (Lee did a very good job there) and Barnsley hired him when they were near the relegation zone that season - I think after they sacked Danny Wilson.

He left Oldham 25th Feb so no way were they 5th, only a week later they do not feature in the top 10

This is the turning point.

We were up. It was clear to all and from this point on we should have built and prepared and pushed like Brighton and Bournemouth.

Instead complete mismanagement and failure to plan set in.

I haven't worked out yet if it was cowardice or arrogance that guided Steve Lansdown from this point on, but either way he and the other decision makers at the club (whoever they are) ballsed up in a big way and here we are. 

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

We wont have another year like that for a long long time, probably not ever so god I milked it for all it was worth!

I usually walked around my office looking like this:

image.jpg

A peacock that writes . Well I'll be damned .

First a moose that talks then this .

Think I'll have a big G&T .

13 hours ago, 22A said:

Swings & roundabouts. Swindon were 4th and are battling relegation to league 2 this year. Donny were 6th, yet were relegated last year. MK were promoted, but lasted one season and currently are in the lower half if League 1. Barnsley were 10h, got promoted last year and are threatening the P/Os this year.

I thought Swindle were champions ?

10 hours ago, Olé said:

The result that put us there which was two years ago today was the 3-1 at Orient, it wasn't long after losing at Colchester and an absolutely sensational performance from going one down, we absolutely lit them up, the pace and the movement was off the charts. I got a load of my company to come down to the game and they thought we were a different class.

Two years on and we've had five or six months of complete chaos and confusion, all in the name of producing the same sort of high tempo pass and move football. Granted L1 is a different standard but it beggars belief that the level of continual cycling through line ups and transfers was entirely needed to get players playing with that same pace and self-belief. Instead we have bought three new tool sets and are continuing to this day to blame the tools.

We beat Crawley 2-1 on the following Saturday which was quite tough game.  Luke Ayling got the winner with a header from a corner, about 10 mins from the end.  I remember thinking as I walked out that I hoped it would be a long time before I had to visit grounds like that again. 

I'm incredibly lucky to have a signed shirt which was signed by pretty much the whole of the 2014/15 squad. Any time one of those players leaves the shirt becomes more important to me. I'll cherish it forever and would only ever sell in the event of a David James-esque bankruptcy situation

IMG_0194.JPG

14 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Don't blame LJ. Board's fault for not backing SC and then getting rid of him a few months after he led us to two titles.

The board backed SC with enormous bids for Gayle and Gray. Even taking those out of the equation, our purchase of Kodjia for £2.5m was a substantial sum compared to what a number of other sides in the Championship were spending. Perhaps he should have focussed on more attainable targets in that price range.

SC was sacked after 4 wins in 28, 1 win in 12 and the side 22nd in the table. An inadequate performance regardless of what had been achieved the previous season.

As for your "few months", he was sacked in January - fully 8 months after we won promotion. More than enough time to establish the he was failing and showing no signs of turning it around, whilst also giving his replacement time to make a difference.

All inconvenient facts for you and your hero I suspect.

Although none of this explains what LJ is still doing here of course.

Great times indeed...bossing the mighty league 1.

Funny how you can look at that table in the OP and compare us with sides doing better...but ignore teams on the same pic, like Swindon, Chesterfield, Doncaster, MK Dons etc.

Just goes to show how much can happen to any team in a couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Great times indeed...bossing the mighty league 1.

Funny how you can look at that table in the OP and compare us with sides doing better...but ignore teams on the same pic, like Swindon, Chesterfield, Doncaster, MK Dons etc.

Just goes to show how much can happen to any team in a couple of seasons.

I thought you were meant to be apathetic now?

Life too short to get worked up about City? 

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought you were meant to be apathetic now?

Life too short to get worked up about City? 

Who's getting worked up?

I'm apathetic to how much it takes up my time and my day to day feelings. Because I've become more apathetic, I'm no longer allowed to make comment, without that being thrown in my face? Just getting some balance.

Funnily I spoke to someone last week who frequents this forum...they said they were going to bed, with their head full of thoughts from comments on this forum...and how it was winding them up....how mental is that. From reading some others comments on here and how they get wound up, I can imagine they aren't alone.

Anyway...going to enjoy today. Going to use some Lansdown Club Complimentary in the West Stand for a change. Then Golf tomorrow...weekend sorted. Looking forward to the game and meeting mates for a few pints....and a home win  CoYR's :-)

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Who's getting worked up?

I'm apathetic to how much it takes up my time and my day to day feelings. Because I've become more apathetic, I'm no longer allowed to make comment, without that being thrown in my face? Just getting some balance.

Funnily I spoke to someone last week who frequents this forum...they said they were going to bed, with their head full of thoughts from comments on this forum...and how it was winding them up....how mental is that. From reading some others comments on here and how they get wound up, I can imagine they aren't alone.

Anyway...going to enjoy today. Going to use some Lansdown Club Complimentary in the West Stand for a change. Then Golf tomorrow...weekend sorted. Looking forward to the game and meeting mates for a few pints....and a home win  CoYR's :-)

Remember Spud, just words on a screen :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Remember Spud, just words on a screen :thumbsup:

Funnily though mate...I think that's how many posters feel it just is...hence what they post. With little thought and with whatever comes into their mind...venting frustration.

We may just let it wash over us...but the media pick up on it. They scrutinise forums like this, and use it to make their stories. Such as gauging a fans base feelings....which imo, is not correct, but they do it.

That then gets translated into questions to the Club, LJ and the team.

Feelings written on here...do not end up as just  'words on a screen' as you put it. They are very powerful in the world we live in.

If this forum didn't exist...would the vitriol shown on it, be shown as much, or in the same way at the ground? Imo, it wouldn't.

So it really doesn't show a true feeling to what all paying fans at the ground think.

It's a place of extreme views. Imo...it's somewhere in the middle in reality.

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funnily though mate...I think that's how many posters feel it just is...hence what they post. With little thought and with whatever comes into their mind...venting frustration.

We may just let it wash over us...but the media pick up on it. They scrutinise forums like this, and use it to make their stories. Such as gauging a fans base feelings....which imo, is not correct, but they do it.

That then gets translated into questions to the Club, LJ and the team.

Feelings written on here...do not end up as just  'words on a screen' as you put it. They are very powerful in the world we live in.

If this forum didn't exist...would the vitriol shown on it, be shown as much, or in the same way at the ground? Imo, it wouldn't.

So it really doesn't show a true feeling to what all paying fans at the ground think.

It's a place of extreme views. Imo...it's somewhere in the middle in reality.

I love it m8, where else apart from a mental asylum could you interact with as many social misfits as you can on here.?

Archived