IGNORED

Penalty miss or not......

JHAGa

59 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Todays result has nothing to do with a penalty miss and everything to do with a manger so far out of his depth it's frightening and 2 useless coaches.

If we would've scored that penalty we would've won simple as it's Johnson's daily we missed that pen. 

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

He's only done what a lot of the idiots on here wanted in preferring to jeopardise our fight for survival just to get LJ sacked. What a great attitude to have.

Hope Tomlin's proud. Our club record signing. What a legacy.

This must go down as the lowest of the low post I've ever seen on here, be ashamed.

10 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

If we would've scored that penalty we would've won simple as it's Johnson's daily we missed that pen. 

Apart from not being in the drop zone even if he had scored and we had won, do you honestly believe that would have solved our deep problems?.

And of course they missed a chance they missed a chance easier than a penalty, a miss described as worse than Ronnie Rosenthal's for Liverpool many years ago, so your scenario is just that a scenario.

if we were in a position that reflects the money spent and start to the season like mid table safety we wouldn't even be having this conversation, but we are having it not because of a penalty miss but because of 5 months of abject misery and piss poor decisions by a piss poor manager and piss poor coaches.

oh yes and a dictator.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Apart from not being in the drop zone even if he had scored and we had won, do you honestly believe that would have solved our deep problems?.

And of course they missed a chance they missed a chance easier than a penalty, a miss described as worse than Ronnie Rosenthal's for Liverpool many years ago, so your scenario is just that a scenario.

if we were in a position that reflects the money spent and start to the season like mid table safety we wouldn't even be having this conversation, but we are having it not because of a penalty miss but because of 5 months of abject misery and piss poor decisions by a piss poor manager and piss poor coaches.

No that's not what I'm getting at your saying that the it wasn't penalty it was the manager butit wasn't the manager's fault that he missed the pen.

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

No that's not what I'm getting at your saying that the it wasn't penalty it was the manager butit wasn't the manager's fault that he missed the pen.

OK perhaps for clarity perhaps I should have said the long term result of todays result has nothing to do with a penalty miss, IMHO it would have changed little or nothing in the grand scheme of things apart from 2 extra points.

We have a game against a woeful Norwich on Tuesday night and my prediction is another defeat and another uttering of "well they are a good side, with good players, did you really expect us to win?".

Did I expect a win today? absolutely not because at the moment we couldn't beat an egg.

47 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

If your intimating he deliberately missed the pen then you are a prat.

did he also deliberately mean to hit the bar with that stunning volley

It's pretty much the only explanation for such a woeful penalty. That or a complete lack of care for the club's predicament. How can you take a penalty like that in such a situation? At least get it on target ffs!

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK perhaps for clarity perhaps I should have said the long term result of todays result has nothing to do with a penalty miss, IMHO it would have changed little or nothing in the grand scheme of things apart from 2 extra points.

We have a game against a woeful Norwich on Tuesday night and my prediction is another defeat and another uttering of "well they are a good side, with good players, did you really expect us to win?".

Did I expect a win today? absolutely not because at the moment we couldn't beat an egg.

I expected a win and two extra points could be the points we new to stay up but only time will tell I suppose 

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

He's only done what a lot of the idiots on here wanted in preferring to jeopardise our fight for survival just to get LJ sacked. What a great attitude to have.

Or maybe he just missed the penalty.

I guess that's too straightforward an explanation for the conspiracy theorists.

41 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Tomlin smiled after he missed. Sums him up

Really?! I'm looking forward to reading chapter 3 of his autobiography "The game I got a manager sacked".

I have never really warmed to LT to be honest. We really are seeing now why the Bournemouth fans hated him so much.

I'll be happy to see him gone in the summer, regardless of his mercurial skills. Not getting a penalty even on target?!

Come the **** on.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Today's result has nothing to do with a penalty miss? Yeah, alright. That makes sense.

It's a missed penalty. They happen. If Reid had managed to kick the ball from 4 yds out we might have won as well. Significantly closer. If their bloke had scored from one yd out we might have lost.  What are you trying to say ?

1 hour ago, Akira said:

You must be joking?! 

Tomlins vision and control is fantastic. Some games the ball just sticks to his feet. I swear we get anyone with a hint of ability, and we expect them to turn into Messi or something. 

We've got a lot worse players at the club, let alone 'worst signing ever'.... Jeez. 

I agree with the highlighted whole heartedly which is why on days like today, or Rotherham I'm so damning. We bloody needed him today, we really effing needing him to, as a club, have a good shot at staying up. And at times his vision and close control was sublime. But other than flashes he did f all. And he is so damn capable. So capable. 

We made him marquee, we wanted to build a side around him, we broke the bank to get him. He has delivered less than many of our other cheaper signings. Given his ability, stature, amount spent,, it's all relative to 'worst ever'. He's infinity times the player of bas savage, but bas at a fraction of the fee or wage doesn't mean he was the lessor signing. 

This was such a big day. Such a pivotal day. And Tomlin went missing in action. You could make a stunning 90s highlights from today, you could make 79m of absolute turd though.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

**** off u cock 

1 hour ago, NatchHeads said:

**** you lee tomlin how you skied that idk. Pro footballer no you are not missing from 12 yards no doubt you will **** off when  we get relegated. Yes i agree LJ should have gone many games ago but to miss that.. . I was praying to god all game to get a win because i love bristol city. Around me was fans smiling and happy cause they get to be correct about their ideas  just so they can feel special about their shitty life.  I want johnson out but **** no i didn't want to lose today. 

I guess their bloke missing a absolute sitter also wants their manager sacked 

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

Come on, plenty of better footballers than lee tomlin have missed penalties before. When we are relegated, lee tomlin missing a penalty wont be the reason why.

Agreed but for a professional footballer to miss the target from 12 yards is absolute crap. No problem if the keeper saves it but missing the target altogether from there is shit. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I really dont know about this. 

I can not believe LT missed that badly. But he did!

Deliberate sigh!...But the thought some think it is the problem!!!!!!!!!!

I don't buy in to its deliberate. But it was fking nonchalant.

And the way he grabbed the ball you can't bloody miss. You can't bloody miss the target ever. It's one thing to have it saved quite another to miss the target, and then quite another to miss by several foot. 

That 'effort' was disgusting. 

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

It's pretty much the only explanation for such a woeful penalty. That or a complete lack of care for the club's predicament. How can you take a penalty like that in such a situation? At least get it on target ffs!

Imagine if the likes of Stuart Pearce, Gareth Southgate etc etc missed penalties for their country in semi finals of International tournaments. Of course this would never happen though, they have far too much care for their country.........your thoughts are pathetic imo.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yet fans still sing his name like he's the clubs saviour. Had a few good touches but again dropped too deep and with Korey and GON in their normal not go past halfway line modes(honestly don't get within 40 yards of the goal more than once or twice) meant he wasted those good touches. He needs to have the discipline to stay forward. 

In reality though, I just wouldn't play him. Maybe on the bench as a faint hope he feels like showing up maybe. Thought we looked decent second half. Liked the Djuric and Matty Taylor partnership but wasn't until Tomlin left and Paterson come on we looked more threatening. Paterson spent less time trying to get the ball to feet and running off Djuric's flick ons. Left too late to make a difference though. 

'Looked decent second half'? Really........

Burton should have been 2 if not 3 up after 70 minutes.

So that I am clear, you would play Paterson ahead of Tomlin?

Archived