IGNORED

Penalty miss or not......

JHAGa

It was a horrible miss. Not for one second do I think it was deliberate. After his performances last season I wanted him to sign permanently for us . His fitness has always been a problem and at his pre season weight we should've pulled the plug, the guy is supposed to be an athlete . 

The biggest waste of money in my time watching us. 

The question is, was Tomlin's penalty kick (wide of the goal as well as skied to Row ZZ) worse than their #11's open goal miss?

Which was the most abject bit of professional football tittery?

Both are likely to be mainstays on "What happened next?" rounds of the future....

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Apart from not being in the drop zone even if he had scored and we had won, do you honestly believe that would have solved our deep problems?.

And of course they missed a chance they missed a chance easier than a penalty, a miss described as worse than Ronnie Rosenthal's for Liverpool many years ago, so your scenario is just that a scenario.

if we were in a position that reflects the money spent and start to the season like mid table safety we wouldn't even be having this conversation, but we are having it not because of a penalty miss but because of 5 months of abject misery and piss poor decisions by a piss poor manager and piss poor coaches.

oh yes and a dictator.

This.

(I've always wanted to write that.)

2 hours ago, MRSATAN said:

He has to drop deep to collect the ball from players that can't/won't ping a decent ball forward

hes not everyone's cup of tea but by Christ he can play,near the end he reverse drove a ball out left but it was cut out by their right back,a great ball

He needs to stay forward though no matter if he gets the ball or not. When he's collecting it on the halfway line he isn't helping anyone except himself as he's bored. No reason he needed to drop deep after Djuric came on either. He needed to run behind him or near him when the ball was lumped forward. 

I like him as a footballing talent but he drives me insane. A lot of the team do and I would've never played Tomlin with Smith and O'Neil playing together because they're the ultimate pass sideways and backwards players we have. One of them needed to go forward a bit more into pockets of space to get Tomlin some space. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

'Looked decent second half'? Really........

Burton should have been 2 if not 3 up after 70 minutes.

So that I am clear, you would play Paterson ahead of Tomlin?

Yes in that formation with those players. Made a difference having the extra body around Djuric. We weren't bad second half and Burton aren't Rotherham. They have quality and it showed at times. I think we probably shaded them for me in the game that lacked much quality. Just because we are on a negative run doesn't mean there weren't positives. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes in that formation with those players. Made a difference having the extra body around Djuric. We weren't bad second half and Burton aren't Rotherham. They have quality and it showed at times. I think we probably shaded them for me in the game that lacked much quality. Just because we are on a negative run doesn't mean there weren't positives. 

Oh dear, dear, dear

Delusion is still alive and well in South Bristol, I see

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

It's pretty much the only explanation for such a woeful penalty. That or a complete lack of care for the club's predicament. How can you take a penalty like that in such a situation? At least get it on target ffs!

You're an idiot. And when idiots are in a hole they should stop digging, for the sake of their own credibility.

He tried to repeat his successful penalty against S Wednesday - hard, high and straight - but got it wrong. It wasn't woeful, it wasn't deliberate, but it was desperately disappointing. Don't let that disappointment get the better of you. Everyone who's ever taken a penalty will miss at some point, whether you're Gordon Owen, Matt Le Tissier or me on a Sunday morning (I was north of the river and feeling disorientated).

Now belt up. 

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You're an idiot. And when idiots are in a hole they should stop digging, for the sake of their own credibility.

He tried to repeat his successful penalty against S Wednesday - hard, high and straight - but got it wrong. It wasn't woeful, it wasn't deliberate, but it was desperately disappointing. Don't let that disappointment get the better of you. Everyone who's ever taken a penalty will miss at some point, whether you're Gordon Owen, Matt Le Tissier or me on a Sunday morning (I was north of the river and feeling disorientated).

Now belt up. 

See post above. Posted it just after FT when emotions were running high.

It was more out of frustration at the result and my bemusement at the fact that so many on here would rather we hadn't won just to see LJ sacked. It was more aimed at them than Tomlin as it looked like they got their wish by Tomlin missing the pen. Shouldn't have questioned his integrity for the shirt, I was actually one of the ones on here defending Tomlin when there were rumours he'd fell out with LJ.

My apologies.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It was more out of frustration at the result and my bemusement at the fact that so many on here would rather we hadn't won just to see LJ sacked. It was more aimed at them than Tomlin as it looked like they got their wish by Tomlin missing the pen. Shouldn't have questioned his integrity for the shirt, I was actually one of the ones on here defending Tomlin when there were rumours he'd fell out with LJ.

My apologies.

Good post fella. We're all steaming at the minute!

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

My apologies.

First rule of fight club....never apologise 

14 hours ago, JHAGa said:

I've calmed down, it was a stupid post born out of frustration. Apologies.

Doesn't make my anger at the quality of the penalty subside though. Again, I feel the players have let LJ down.

The highlighted sentence is very misleading and does not represent a truthful account of our season so far, between LJ, the coaches and the players they have all let the fans down for 5 months now and he signed most of them.

41 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The highlighted sentence is very misleading and does not represent a truthful account of our season so far, between LJ, the coaches and the players they have all let the fans down for 5 months now and he signed most of them.

They all share responsibility but numerous occasions the players have let us down when it clearly wasn't the tactics. All the occasions where we've had leads and lost/drawn the game (Sheff Wed, Reading, Cardiff, Derby, Newcastle).

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

They all share responsibility but numerous occasions the players have let us down when it clearly wasn't the tactics. All the occasions where we've had leads and lost/drawn the game (Sheff Wed, Reading, Cardiff, Derby, Newcastle).

LJ and his coaches have had 5 months to put it right and have failed spectacularly, I am incredibly interested to know why you believe that LJ should be treated any differently to any of the other 91 league managers now and historically, many of whom are also fighting relegation (but almost certainly with a better record than LJ in the past 5 months) and have been let down by their players (most of which in our case are his signings) any of the 91 other teams would have pulled the trigger before the impact of this 5 month car crash.

Archived