IGNORED

SL Didn't Back Gary Enough!

REDOXO

25 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was staring at Mrs REDOXO a second or two ago muttering about LJ and she said 'He's backing Lee because he didn't back Gary when he lost some players in the dressing room'

My god I think she may be right!

Couple that with SC I think she's hit the nail on the head. 

27 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was staring at Mrs REDOXO a second or two ago muttering about LJ and she said 'He's backing Lee because he didn't back Gary when he lost some players in the dressing room'

Food for thought for sure.

But SL shouldn't be trying to undo something he feels is a mistake by using LJ as a proxy for his father.

If he wanted to undo the past with GJ, then hire GJ. Not his son, who is a shadow of the man in terms of management qualities.

29 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I think she may be! I'd have backed GJ a lot longer than I'd have given his son, who is, in his ineptitude, trashing the family reputation at the Gate.

53 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

GJ like LJ have both been given everything they ever wanted by SL.

Not long after GJ was sacked, SL came out and said that basically he had let his heart rule his head and let things ( signings) get out of hand. This led to dressing room problems, the one at Plymouth was the last of many by all accounts. 

Imo he has fallen into the same trap again and let LJ run all over him, re signing far too many players. The more players in the squad the harder to keep them all happy, hence the ( rumours ?? ) of dissent in the dressing room this season. 

26 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

GJ like LJ have both been given everything they ever wanted by SL.

Not long after GJ was sacked, SL came out and said that basically he had let his heart rule his head and let things ( signings) get out of hand. This led to dressing room problems, the one at Plymouth was the last of many by all accounts. 

Imo he has fallen into the same trap again and let LJ run all over him, re signing far too many players. The more players in the squad the harder to keep them all happy, hence the ( rumours ?? ) of dissent in the dressing room this season. 

Mark Ashton has nothing to do with it???

2 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Mark Ashton has nothing to do with it???

Probably not. He's probably - like so many, many men before him - identified a man with very deep pockets who is bloody foolish in his inability to relinquish control  

we can create as many roles, as many structures, as many projects as we like.. doesn't stop SL playing championship manager effectively. Christ there was a big song and dance about SL not being chairman many years ago, that changed nothing. 

"We finally have football men in charge; Keith Burt, Mark Ashton". Bullshit. We just had another man on the payroll. Nothing changes. 

I am a keen admirer of SL, I genuinely believe he wants what's best... but he's incompetent and not learnt a thing from his time here  

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Mrs RO thanks everyone for their nice comments and would add she is in fact always right. 

As such would be happy to replace LJ IF required!

Good ol' Mrs RO. 

Mrs Cotswold is a cracker too, although I only got married as I was sick and tired of finding things where I'd left them. 

54 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We have a winner. 

It's a shame. I think we all wanted it to work. We all wanted LJ to be our Eddie Howe and it looked so promising for half a year, I still believe he's been unlucky with certain circumstances but he's had ample time to make things right.

26 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It's a shame. I think we all wanted it to work. We all wanted LJ to be our Eddie Howe and it looked so promising for half a year, I still believe he's been unlucky with certain circumstances but he's had ample time to make things right.

Thought you'd voted to keep him 

#JOHNSONOUTNOW

49 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought you'd voted to keep him 

#JOHNSONOUTNOW

I don't see the point in changing when I have no faith in us getting a suitable replacement.

If it was a choice of LJ being sacked and Cotterill being appointed, I'd say yes.

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Listen, I think Giefer had his best game for the club today, no need to unsettle the defence by bringing Mrs Oxo in.

Maybe. But I'm sure she's taller than Mr Fielding. A decent sub?

12 hours ago, JHAGa said:

I don't see the point in changing when I have no faith in us getting a suitable replacement.

If it was a choice of LJ being sacked and Cotterill being appointed, I'd say yes.

And many of us have absolutely no faith that LJ has the skill sets to turn things around next season whatever league that finds us in, first things first bring in somebody short term to hopefully stave off relegation and worry about a new manager in the summer, but get rid of the lot LJ and his coaches.

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Peg's post of the day! Take a bow Mrs O!

:clapping::clap::worship2:

Coincidentally, 2 questions. Can she play RB and does she drive a Mercedes?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm soooo tempted to repeat the facts about GJs dismissal but everyone is fed up with my so called "agenda" so I'm going to resist.........:clapping:

If you're going to resist why did you post that in the first place?

Archived