IGNORED

Boycott

bs3

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

if we all get behind the team and support them i reckon we'll have abetter chance of staying up than if we boycott every game

Fair enough. But we've been quite supportive for 5 months of this and our performances are as inept and disjointed as ever. 

I can't think of a similar turnaround in football without a change. 

24 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I pay my money, and it's a free country, if I'm not happy with how the club is being run and can make a choice not to go.

Accusing fans of being disloyal is a bit pathetic.

Where does it state that you should blindly follow Bristol City and put up with every that the owners of the club do.

Your last paragraph is a little pathetic, so are you saying fans who still go are following blindly or super fans? 

Just because you and others are boycotting why should those people label others who go super fans or slag then off? They have the right to do what they feel is right just like you and others  are doing

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

if we all get behind the team and support them i reckon we'll have abetter chance of staying up than if we boycott every game

I reckon we will have a better chance of staying up if LJ leaves the club.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Don't know names but it's the vibe I'm getting from many on here

I can't think of any. Sure, some will entertain the idea that a lost game might be for the long term good, but that's about it. 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yeah like yesterday

Last two home games have been 'Red n White night' and Johnson asking for the 12th man.

its mad no difference.

maybe an empty stadium will take the pressure off the players

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Your last paragraph is a little pathetic, so are you saying fans who still go are following blindly or super fans? 

Just because you and others are boycotting why should those people label others who go super fans or slang then off. They have the right to do what they feel is right just like you and others  are doing

Get grip I never said any of what you accuse me of .  

I never slacked off any other fan who is going to the game on Tuesday, that's your choice, I wouldn't dare to tell you what to do.

I was responding to one poster who accuse me of being disloyal by not going because I don't blindly follow Bristol City.

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'll be going on tuesday and I'll be giving the team 100% support for 90 minutes because if we want to get out of this mess we need to show them that we will stick with them no matter who is the manager

Because that's been proven to work over the rest of the season?

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got.

PS - Wanna borrow a season ticket?

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I live in Australa these days and therefore fully appreciate that my comments / views mean next to nothing, but for what it's worth I agree 100% with this... Once we're relegated it'll be to late to look ourselves in the mirror and ask the question whether it was right to give up on BCFC and stay away or not... SL reads this forum and will know the collective feeling , staying away with a pre paid ticket will not hurt him as much as reading the sentiment shown on this forum. To witness passionate supporters like Spudski and Superbob going head to head on another thread is gut wrenching for most of us, he'll see that too..

This was an interesting thread until you started trading insults!

I'm torn whether to go.  I want Johnson to go and go now.. He's a woeful manager and seems unable to motivate the players. But do I stay at home or go and watch City implode yet again and give him a piece of my mind?

One thing I definitely won't be buying any food or drink in the ground if I do.

3 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I live in Australa these days and therefore fully appreciate that my comments / views mean next to nothing, but for what it's worth I agree 100% with this... Once we're relegated it'll be to late to look ourselves in the mirror and ask the question whether it was right to give up on BCFC and stay away or not... SL reads this forum and will know the collective feeling , staying away with a pre paid ticket will not hurt him as much as reading the sentiment shown on this forum. To witness passionate supporters like Spudski and Superbob going head to head on another thread is gut wrenching for most of us, he'll see that too..

I don't think he will read it that much.

Just now, JBFC II said:

I may well be, and i probably have been for all the years I've supported this club, but that support isn't going to change when things get tough

Get tough!!! The man is destroying our football club, why would anyone in their right mind blindly support that? It's truly beyond me!!

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Get tough!!! The man is destroying our football club, why would anyone in their right mind blindly support that? It's truly beyond me!!

And you think that SL is going to care if people who have paid for their tickets don't turn up? Look at Blackpool, what happened there when they boycotted?

And you think that SL is going to care if people who have paid for their tickets don't turn up? Look at Blackpool, what happened there when they boycotted?

Blackpool is known as a basket case and their owner reviled throughout football. SL won't want that for himself. 

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No chance, where have you been for the last 3mths, the team are just players, they didn't bring themselves here, they need managing (you must agree there?) LJ has repeatedly and record breakingly failed to do that (you must agree with that?) SL will not drop him anytime soon (again you must agree with that?) a game boycott is therefore the only option we have of drawing SL`s attention to the fact that the fans are NOT HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION AND THERE SIMPLY HAS TO BE CHANGES. Doing nothing and acting like nothing is wrong sends the complete wrong message. But you do what you feel is best.

Hmm...but no one, surely, is suggesting that SL is on a par in his stewardship of the club with the owners at Blackpool, or at Charlton or Blackburn or Orient where there have also been fan protests. Whilst he may not care I think he should care, and having met him and Mrs L I'd be very surprised if they didn't. The route you seem to propose - make no complaint - would seem to me to leave the Lansdowns thinking that everything is fine. It isn't.

I can say this with confidence that he will still be here next season with us in division 1 and him spouting garbage about getting us back where we belong and the long term project. It is more than this season, he's infected this club and needs to go at all costs 

3 minutes ago, B block said:

I can say this with confidence that he will still be here next season with us in division 1 and him spouting garbage about getting us back where we belong and the long term project. It is more than this season, he's infected this club and needs to go at all costs 

Please don't take fans hopes away even though its prob true,

I'll be going on Tuesday, not because I'm some kind of super fan but because I've paid my money and don't want to miss the game. 

I just feel utter sorrow that it's come to this now. When it gets so bad that loyal fans are talking about boycotts you know it's completely untenable. 

The writing has been on the wall for months now, 2 wins in 21 tells you that. I feel pity for LJ when the abuse rains down on him because he simply shouldn't have been allowed to stay in this situation. Lansdown's inertia is costing us our Championship status and the fact that he's just sitting back and allowing it to happen is the single most baffling thing I've ever known in 34 years as a fan  

Archived