IGNORED

Boycott

bs3

The thing is there is no right or wrong answer. I didn't go yesterday and my 15 year old son left ten minutes before the end...he has never done that before. The reason he left? "The football is just boring Dad........we were never going to score, there was no point in staying". My lad has played Academy football for a number of years and knows enough about the game to spot a dud when he sees one.

I'm not sure what to do on Tuesday. What I do know is that the worst Manager in the history of our club needs his ar$e kicking out of it.

If supporters feel the only way to remove this tactically inept clown out of our club is to boycott then I can't argue with that.

4 hours ago, Jacki said:

I feel pity for LJ when the abuse rains down on him because he simply shouldn't have been allowed to stay in this situation. Lansdown's inertia is costing us our Championship status and the fact that he's just sitting back and allowing it to happen is the single most baffling thing I've ever known in 34 years as a fan  

Johnson puts himself through the abuse he could and should have resigned months ago but like most of the modern day money grabbing leeches in football who move around at the first sign of more money or a chance to further inflate their ego he chose's to stay put and grab the cash,the football under Osmond,Pulis,O'Driscoll and others could be dour and boring but in 47 years of watching BCFC i have never in the few games i have watched live this season been so bored and uninterested .

Ever since SL upped sticks to the Channel Islands and started on this Bristol Sport ,corporate plan scheme the every day fan like so many have pointed out is sidelined to an annoying product who should be tolerated but not encouraged to question or get out of line.

Like you i can't understand how the board from the top down have said and more importantly done nothing to stop endless points being given away.

Johnson has spent a fortune on dross who can't even get into a team that he has supposed to have built according to his plans to compete at this level, i honestly can't see how any man,woman or child can sit through the shambles that is a Bristol City FC match game after game i can't even listen to a full game on the radio anymore because nothing seems to happen. 

I will go on Tues, but mainly because I have already paid for the season ticket - that is if the traffic behaves as I am down in meetings in Southampton all day!

Lost faith in Johnson's 'tactics' or lack of a while back but ultimately I still go to each game in the illogical belief that things will change ... as I have done over many of the 39 years which seem to have more downs than ups.

However, also fully appreciate those that wish you Boycott whether they have already paid to or not ... if the event in question is going to annoy/anger/upset you, why would anyone wish to subject themselves to that, if they could be doing something they would enjoy better. 

As always, COYR ... whatever people come and go, whether owners, managers, players or staff, BCFC will always be OUR club ie. The Fans!

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And you think that SL is going to care if people who have paid for their tickets don't turn up? Look at Blackpool, what happened there when they boycotted?

Fair play to you for sticking it out but I think if he sees the number of people not attending / boycotting, it may give him / the board some realisation that people are not going to blindly renew which WILL hopefully have an effect as it will make a fair difference to the finances of the club.

The fact the football is garbage and the Manager / head coach is useless are also an issue but the 'no shows' like myself have no other way to show our attitude to the disdain we, the supporters, are held in.

Change is needed otherwise he may see the future home attendances on Tuesday night.

5 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Fair play to you for sticking it out but I think if he sees the number of people not attending / boycotting, it may give him / the board some realisation that people are not going to blindly renew which WILL hopefully have an effect as it will make a fair difference to the finances of the club.

The fact the football is garbage and the Manager / head coach is useless are also an issue but the 'no shows' like myself have no other way to show our attitude to the disdain we, the supporters, are held in.

Change is needed otherwise he may see the future home attendances on Tuesday night.

The crowd will be stated as 15000 at least because of near 14000 season card sales and a decent Norwich following despite being midweek .

There could be 10000 in the ground but that won't register with the top man this season. If SC sales drop to 8,000 next season then it will make him interested although he appears to bank on mugs turning up POTD if we are near the top of league 1.

Just now, Loon plage said:

The crowd will be stated as 15000 at least because of near 14000 season card sales and a decent Norwich following despite being midweek .

There could be 10000 in the ground but that won't register with the top man this season. If SC sales drop to 8,000 next season then it will make him interested although he appears to bank on mugs turning up POTD if we are near the top of league 1.

I agree Loon but that's the point. I assume he will know exactly how many supporters do not activate their cards on Tuesday and, hopefully, it will make him / the board, think. SC's aren't cheap and people are not going to renew blindly any more, especially with the current head coach in situ. I can see no other way of making the point as we can't even voice our disapproval at the game any more without being labelled as 'negative'. In my opinion, we're the opposite as we want success for the club and aren't ashamed to show it. Success is blatantly NOT going to happen with the status quo.

27 minutes ago, westonred said:

So as it's obvious that LJ is not being sacked at 17.30 tonight as reported . Who is actually staying away tomorrow night ?

Was thinking about it but then I think the players have put in a lot of effort and im happy to cheer players who do.

2 hours ago, westonred said:

So as it's obvious that LJ is not being sacked at 17.30 tonight as reported . Who is actually staying away tomorrow night ?

Me and dad ain't going. Bollox to Johnson and his dirge! I won't be back until he's shown the door so it might be a while.

Tell me I'm not a City fan etc etc, I really don't care. The present state of the club and our impending but totally avoidable relegation has really got to me and I can't watch the useless one destroying the club.

Archived