Danny Wilson

Tins

Gary Johnson

Steve Coppell

Keith Millen

Derek McInnis

Sean O'Driscoll

Lee Johnson

Out of those the only one that really brought us any tangible success playing decent football was Gary Johnson!

It was Keith Dawes relationship with Steve Cotterell that saw him appointed.

The man may be minted and hailed as a successful businessman based on his cumulative wealth but dig a little bit deeper and you'll find it was PH who was the real driving force behind that success.

We have a shiny new stadium but as far as I'm concerned he has not the slightest acumen whatsoever when it comes to running a football club.

Just take a look at what Tony Bloom has done for Brighton and with a fraction of the wealth. Also a lifelong fan who at times can be found on a train with the fans travelling to or from away games. There are plenty of other options that don't have to result in us being owned by a faceless family in India or the craziness of Mr T at Cardiff.

People seem blinded when it comes to billionaires because it's so incomprehensible whereas there are numerous great chairman out there with a personal wealth of around the £150 million mark

I have absolutely no idea whether we have fans of this club who are in this bracket, but don't kid yourself that SL is our only option

I have a Brighton fan friend, who estimates Bloom has invested nearly £200m into the club, in the ground, on players they've spent over £20m in the last 2 or 3 years. Not a great example.

Sounds quite a lot more than SL has spent.

EDIT - Just looked up. He has paid £93m for the ground and over £30m for the training facilities alone.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Precisely. Bristol Sport. I've only ever been interested in BCFC.

I'm not blinded by the lure of a multi purpose cash cow that really only truly benefits Lansdown,

Give me the days when we only had football to look forward to. When Ashton Gate belonged to BCFC. When we had managers and players who cared and gave there all.

Not the shit that gets churned out week after week. On the pitch and off it.

And I agree with you when it comes to commitment. Even take me Back to league 1 2 seasons ago. Just that spirit is what we need

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I have a Brighton fan friend, who estimates Bloom has invested nearly £200m into the club, in the ground, on players they've spent over £20m in the last 2 or 3 years. Not a great example.

Sounds quite a lot more than SL has spent.

EDIT - Just looked up. He has paid £93m for the ground and over £30m for the training facilities alone.

Council pumped a lot into the ground as well (from what I heard) 

6 hours ago, nellie said:

I'm all for LJ out but I do support Steve Lansdown for all the money he has spent on this club 

This. 

I  think his ideas are good in having someone to run the football club for him. If he left them do just that I would be in total support of him but there are times (appointing LJ and going through the charade of MA saying he was the outstanding candidate when we know he was SL's choice) when I do find certain things frustrating.

Sad it's up for debate. He must be better advised for sure. Every manager a gamble , LJ hasn't worked, Cotts did. Lots of good changes at the club, some not so good. All about opinion.  A guy with less money could be better advised and get better results. 

14 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

We ever been in debt? Horribly?? The money he invested into the stadium, training facilities. Bristol sport will be a earner I promise you that. It's a new thing, trial and error as they say. 

The answer to that would be in the clubs accounts and your own perception. There are outstanding loans repayable to Mr Lansdown (circa twenty million). Other debts have been turned into equity by Mr Lansdown which is not investment in assets. BCFC has struggled to comply with FFP and its lower league variant. The FC has operated well past its income, massively past.  And concern was noted for the viability of the FC as a ongoing business in an account summary.

Stating Bristol Sport will be an earner I promise you that ... Well of course it will. They have a new modern redeveloped facility. Bristol Sport however is not necessary. Mr Lansdown could have still outsourced commercial activities without creating this weird entity (bugger all like Barcelona).

Training facilities ... Great. But with hindsight instead of creating such losses it would have been more beneficial, to truly invest money into infrastructure in the first place. With two seasons losses City could have started in he road to building a facility similar to Southampton's Staplewood campus - A club whose youth development set up is described as visionary. That would be a pillar!

It is all a new thing. My hat is waiting to be thrown into the air as Bristol Sport and Mr Lansdown unveil a new turn (U) soon.

Archived