IGNORED

Redemption for Lee Johnson?

reddogkev

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I love the club but if they were paying me double my current salary for me to be a shit manager I wouldn't resign either. 

You can argue that it's because he loves the club that he's desperate to turn things around. 

I understand the sentiment but the 'he should do the right thing and resign' argument is weak. Why should he? Take your emotion out of it as a fan. He's been given a contract and unless it's terminated why shouldn't he see it through?

"Steve -  I'm not sure I'm gonna turn it around, the stress is getting to me and my family. Can we come to an arrangement that suits everyone for the good of everyone, the club, my health and my family's sanity". 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Let's worry about redemeption if we start winning some games.

For now let's just worry about winning some games.

I think the point is there is no redemption and until a change is made games wont be won!!

I know im going to get slated for this but actually I cant help wanting us to loose tonight and badly simply because then a change will be made and it means we have a chance of picking up points after.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

"Steve -  I'm not sure I'm gonna turn it around, the stress is getting to me and my family. Can we come to an arrangement that suits everyone for the good of everyone, the club, my health and my family's sanity". 

When you are paid as much as modern day managers do you think there is a huge amount of stress? And honestly I think thats what is getting to fans is they dont see LJ looking stressed, in the press conferences he just seems to blame everything else and say we were unlucky 

I could except it if the club came out and said we've always been a club that's gone between division 2 and 3 but hopefully with the investment in players and stadium we will in the future will be a more sustainable championship club. But they didn't, they went shouting off about premier league and European football setting the expectation way higher than it should have been then flogging us this s**t

5 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

When you are paid as much as modern day managers do you think there is a huge amount of stress? And honestly I think thats what is getting to fans is they dont see LJ looking stressed, in the press conferences he just seems to blame everything else and say we were unlucky 

If he's human he'll be stressed by the abuse he gets on a match day. 

I'd wager he's stressed. If he's not, he's taking the piss. 

35 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

I think the point is there is no redemption and until a change is made games wont be won!!

I know im going to get slated for this but actually I cant help wanting us to loose tonight and badly simply because then a change will be made and it means we have a chance of picking up points after.

I think LJ should be gone but I've said this before, I want us to stay up more than anything else. The only thing that guarantees us staying up is points. There are no guarantees anywhere else, new manager or same manger. So although I understand this sentiment of wishing we lose so he'll get sacked, I totally can't get on board with it because at the game all we should all be focussed on getting the points we need, regardless of manager.

I also believe that football is a results business and the mood could change drastically with a few wins. The reality is, in my opinion, those voices who say 'I'll never forgive' will get drowned out like they've been drowning out the voices of opposing opinions at the moment, if we start winning again. I think you'll find a lot of fans are level headed enough to move on 'if' results improve. We'll see. But as I say that's a debate for another day and in my opinion a huge 'if' anyway.

Today is only about getting three points for me, because that's the only thing we, as fans, can affect positivity today.

IMHO.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

What will it take to restore his reputation within our eyes?

If we fight off relegation this season, and have a good pre-season of summer recruitment, will all be forgiven?

On Saturday, I had finally got to the point of wanting rid of Lee, but SL and the board clearly don't agree... yet.  I've now taken stock again, and in view of the fact that we should've beaten Burton 2-0 (Wilbs and Tomlin penalty), perhaps there is still time for him to turn things around - starting with a shock win against a wounded Norwich this evening.

Say we stay up, and start August well, and then linger around the top half next year, I wonder if LJ can win back our support.

I still want LJ to succeed, for the simple reason it means City succeed.

Resignation with no multi million pound pay off as he is a self confessed City fan?

A lot of interesting comments and responses, bloody good contributions all round.

If LJ does pull off a miracle (as it would be in my opinion) and keep us up, it is going to be fascinating to watch him develop.

I cling to the hope that he will learn from this season of anguish and be a better manager as a result of his hardship.

Archived