IGNORED

Match Day thread v Norwich

Bristol Rob

For once I make a good decision, at home in the warm. She has the dinner on and there's a beer in the fridge.
Still hope they win, don't think they will, and I hope that Johnson ***** off, don't think he will. 
I'll just sit here and watch my bets circle the plug hole :tv_horror:

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Poetic. I like it. I can imagine your sad little face while saying that. 

I'm normally optimistic and positive , even under SOD, the end of GJ's time, relegation under Mcinnes, and the end of Cotterill's time.

I wanted LJ to succeed and especially so after the work SL put in to change so much behind the scenes and the stadium refit. I still think SL has the club's best interests at heart

( despite what many currently think) and it saddens me to see the effect that one man ( LJ) has had and is still having on the fanbase and the club itself.

During the bad run before Christmas I hoped and thought that LJ could still turn it around, and the signings of Djuric, Hegler and Taylor gave a boost to that renewed optimism, but they seem to have been bought in only to strengthen our bench.  Since the new year I have gradually realised that our momentum is one way - and that is down - and can't see anything changing that now , sadly.

I am also sad to see that fans anger and ire turning on SL, because he is a decent man and a fan himself and am sure he wants the club to succeed. However, even I am struggling to see how SL can justify LJ remaining at the helm.

It would take a lot to match what happened to the club in 1982, but that  was essentially more to do with off the pitch stuff. In terms of what is happening on the pitch, our run of results since November feels like the worst I can remember in my 50 years of supporting the club. From where we were in October, I am still completely baffled as to how we got to where we are now. I do know, as we all do, but cannot fathom what triggered the plummet down the table. 

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm normally optimistic and positive , even under SOD, the end of GJ's time, relegation under Mcinnes, and the end of Cotterill's time.

I wanted LJ to succeed and especially so after the work SL put in to change so much behind the scenes and the stadium refit. I still think SL has the club's best interests at heart

( despite what many currently think) and it saddens me to see the effect that one man ( LJ) has had and is still having on the fanbase and the club itself.

During the bad run before Christmas I hoped and thought that LJ could still turn it around, and the signings of Djuric, Hegler and Taylor gave a boost to that renewed optimism, but they seem to have been bought in only to strengthen our bench.  Since the new year I have gradually realised that our momentum is one way - and that is down - and can't see anything changing that now , sadly.

I am also sad to see that fans anger and ire turning on SL, because he is a decent man and a fan himself and am sure he wants the club to succeed. However, even I am struggling to see how SL can justify LJ remaining at the helm.

It would take a lot to match what happened to the club in 1982, but that  was essentially more to do with off the pitch stuff. In terms of what is happening on the pitch, our run of results since November feels like the worst I can remember in my 50 years of supporting the club. From where we were in October, I am still completely baffled as to how we got to where we are now. I do know, as we all do, but cannot fathom what triggered the plummet down the table. 

I see on the bbc site that Steve Martins is the referee. Isn't he the actor comedian with the big conk. Yes, I said conk!

Archived