IGNORED

Playing with fear

Major Isewater

LJ sets up us to keep it tight and not get hammered regardless of the opposition ( see Fleetwood ).

Then when we look like losing he goes balls out to save the game and often we look like a decent team when the shackles are off.

Why can't he be bold and do the opposite ? 

Attack from the off and if and when we score a goal or two then close it out ? 

The team are terrified of the opposition and only start playing when they've nothing to lose . It's a weak mentality issue from a weak coach .

Johnson Out :protest:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ sets up us to keep it tight and not get hammered regardless of the opposition ( see Fleetwood ).

Then when we look like losing he goes balls out to save the game and often we look like a decent team when the shackles are off.

The team are terrified of the opposition and only start playing when they've nothing to lose . It's a weak mentality issue from a weak coach .

We went 3 up at Derby- but he didn't know how to close the game.

I wonder if that had a lasting effect on him and he went back to a more cautious beginning, press on later.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We went 3 up at Derby- but he didn't know how to close the game.

I wonder if that had a lasting effect on him and he went back to a more cautious beginning, press on later.

I suggest that we were frightened of losing the lead and fear leads to panic and panic into stupid mistakes.

How different things could have been if we had held on.

What is equally frustrating is that the other teams in this league really don't have to be feared .

Every team can beat every other .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I suggest that we were frightened of losing the lead and fear leads to panic and panic into stupid mistakes.

How different things could have been if we had held on.

What is equally frustrating is that the other teams in this league really don't have to be feared .

Every team can beat every other .

Agreed basically.

I think he could and should have shored it up after an hour though, with substitutions, bit of a tweak of shape, encouragement to counter- O'Neil for one of the strikers and perhaps Djuric as an outlet for the others, tell them to hit Derby on the break at 3-1 could have seen a different outcome. As well as a different outcome going forward too!

This League is a tough one for sure, all can beat all but I think with the money gap, the parachute payments a bit of a gap is opening that didn't previously. Weirdly I am not wholly dissatisfied with a draw with Norwich, thought we had a good crack in the last quarter of the game especially and not too bad 2nd half in general- but is the negative early approach I object to. Plus the last 4 months!

The away defeat to Cardiff might just be one of the most crucial losses in City's recent history! The all round team confidence has all but disappeared since then. The team must fear playing at home at the moment with the toxic atmosphere, but I don't know how it can work out from here? New manager? New board, owner, players? **** knows?

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

To me Johnson seems to think it's perfectly acceptable to come back and draw. His run at Barnsley shows that. I reckon he thinks everyone is Barnsley and we will turn it round but I really can't see it

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Fortune & the brave often go hand in hand..Too negative for words, Major.

2 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Hate how he respects the opposition every game. **** em, respect nobody and go out to win, they are in the same league as us ffs.

Johnson out

Shame he doesn't respect the supporters by 

a. Cease the bullshit on press conferences 

b. FFS keep a settled team , like ( IMO ) the one which finished last night .

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I couldn't have put it better. Why should we be so afraid of the opposition at home? Be positive and I bet we'd get more points in a season than this negative approach brings. We might get well stuffed but we may well dish out the same to others.

Negativity = Relegation

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ah, I remember Keith scoring against Léeds at AG before we took em to a replay and a Don Gillies goal knoxked em out.  Great days before our promotion to the top flight 

1974 I believe,the green shoots of a great City team.

People are surprised that we play with fear at Ashton gate... The atmosphere is awful, fans waiting to jump on players backs. No coincidence that away results recently and performances away from home are better.

having said that it's also the teams responsibility to get the fans going... This happened in the second half against Norwich . There was only one team going to win that game if it went on for another 10 minutes! 

Archived