IGNORED

This season is over for me.....

Meh

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Ben - you're the sort of Nicky Hunt of this forum but I guess you're consistent. 

MRR you come across a bit special and one of the lads down the ground mentioned they know who you were. 

I get you were bullied but me laughing at you wasn't meant in that way. I hope you get the help you need x

4 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

MRR you come across a bit special and one of the lads down the ground mentioned they know who you were. 

I get you were bullied but me laughing at you wasn't meant in that way. I hope you get the help you need x

423.gif

42 minutes ago, GJS said:

I feel the same. 

You can never have a positive outlook about the club if you come on here.

Its strange that is is so negative on this forum.

We are obviously in a bad run of form but is sacking everyone involved with the club the answer?

Just the manager, not everyone at the club.

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Rubbish, you can't possibly see me in the Director's box. I'm only 3ft2" after all.

It's clear LJ should go, and also seems he won;t go.

It does seem to me that the most rational thing is to now fight, turn AG into a cauldron of support, and show passion on behalf of our team to try to keep us up, then attack and boo LJ to your heart's content from the start of next season.

Edit - or once relegation is confirmed.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

in terms of coming on here.

Forum full of poison and sick of it - all the fun has gone and replaced by keyboard warriors that talk a good game but will do nothing constructive - just carry on moaning and quite frankly embarrassing themselves with erratic posts bordering on lunacy.

See you for the summer transfer forum !!

This place is negative at the best of times. Most people overreact with their posts and threads, it's just how it is, just have to take it with a pinch of salt.

A lot of things are said in the heat of the moment, I even regret what I post after a bad result or performance on some occasions. It's all about opinions and discussions on City, that's why we're here for anyway.

Stay a while fella

30 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

but at least the 'head in the sands' arguably contribute more on a game day with their positive and encouraging attitude

Not aimed at just your remark specifically as you're a very balanced poster but why does everyone think that the views on a forum equate in anyway to the level of support on a match day? It's been a repeated theme on here. I have been more positive than ever at City games home and away in the past month, shouting encouragement until I'm hoarse. It's ridiculous to think that supporting the team at the moment is the monopoly of those who still believe in Lee Johnson. For 90 minutes we all get behind the team.

On the other point made here, I agree there are now far too many threads saying the same thing or just making cheap remarks about Johnson. Yes the situation is frustrating but there are several distinct but equally important threads covering different aspects of it, having it also repeated still further so many other trivial different ways, on almost every one of the the first page of threads, isn't helping anyone think about anything else. And we really need to stop thinking about it because it's so bloody depressing.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Not aimed at just your remark specifically as you're a very balanced poster but why does everyone think that the views on a forum equate in anyway to the level of support on a match day? It's been a repeated theme on here. I have been more positive than ever at City games home and away in the past month, shouting encouragement until I'm hoarse. It's ridiculous to think that supporting the team at the moment is the monopoly of those who still believe in Lee Johnson. For 90 minutes we all get behind the team.

On the other point made here, I agree there are now far too many threads saying the same thing or just making cheap remarks about Johnson. Yes the situation is frustrating but there are several distinct but equally important threads covering different aspects of it, having it also repeated still further so many other trivial different ways, on almost every one of the the first page of threads, isn't helping anyone think about anything else. And we really need to stop thinking about it because it's so bloody depressing.

You're absolutely right, I apologise to you because my comment wasn't aimed at fans like you. It was a generalisation, I admit, and wasn't really what I was trying to say.

I enjoy and respect your views hugely and I know you want LJ gone and have huge frustrations - but are still behind the team match day.

That's what i've been saying for weeks now and is all I hope from every City fan. Even if you want him gone, game day, we get behind the team to help them best we can to get the points we need.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Forum full of poison and sick of it - all the fun has gone and replaced by keyboard warriors that talk a good game but will do nothing constructive - just carry on moaning and quite frankly embarrassing themselves with erratic posts bordering on lunacy.

Yeh but I nose someone in the no ....

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

what's new!

Yes people on this forum are very quick to criticize. I got abuse in the league 1 promotion season when city conceded around the 88th minute thus losing/drawing the game. I said it was "typical of city" in a sarcastic manner but a fair few hounded me for it. What have we done since? Typicially give the game away during/around these minutes of the game.

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Yes people on this forum are very quick to criticize. I got abuse in the league 1 promotion season when city conceded around the 88th minute thus losing/drawing the game. I said it was "typical of city" in a sarcastic manner but a fair few hounded me for it. What have we done since? Typicially give the game away during/around these minutes of the game.

That's football. People(children included) on here think we have a right to win most games. Doesn't work like that, never has and never will. But moaning and talking about the sack and slagging Steve Lansdown off doesn't help. But when you look at the active people on here around the 400 mark at any one time,  means very little out of the 18000 that have been going this season and the sooner the forum members realised this perhaps it will get back to a decent forum discussion board!!

2 minutes ago, iamsober said:

That's football. People(children included) on here think we have a right to win most games. Doesn't work like that, never has and never will. But moaning and talking about the sack and slagging Steve Lansdown off doesn't help. But when you look at the active people on here around the 400 mark at any one time,  means very little out of the 18000 that have been going this season and the sooner the forum members realised this perhaps it will get back to a decent forum discussion board!!

I take your point and I understand it, football is a funny game but saying something in jest of a sarcastic manner and being hounded for it, is...well something else and thus shows there is a problem here on OTIB... Basically it tells people that its okay to give flak to other forum members, this I suspect even prevents some people from wanting to even comment.

I get some people really spout tripe, thinking we have the utmost right to win games, well, we all do, we support this club and we WANT them to win, we are all guilty of that but I feel some need to sit back, relax a little before going full abuse.

However saying all that, I always dread the last 10 mins plus stoppages just in the hope we can either hold the win/draw. Again you might say its "That's football" but I dont get that same feeling with Man utd or WsM.

An internet forum consists of a group of strangers talking to each other void of the filters they would normally apply when in real conversation with people they know.

Among the shit storm of posts can generally be found interesting points, facts and things to discuss.

The technique of forum survival is simple. Comment on the things you want to discuss and ignore the things you don't.

Its not the end of the world.

Why the big advert, if you are going just go..........and why was it again? because others views don't match yours.

Despite SL`s attempts to control everything that is Bristol City some fans have minds of their own and are...... I think still allowed to say what they think......if other fans cant face that just ignore the post/poster .......no need to take your ball and go home. :sub:

Cause and effect is a relationship between events or things, where one is the result of the other. The cause = LJ + SL + MA.  The effect = the state of the forum. Change the cause (unlikely) and the effect will change  

4 hours ago, Neo said:

It's your call

4 hours ago, 054123 said:

I'm as pissed off with Lansdown as the next person but right own all I can think about is Wigan and 3 points. 

I really wish I was going, I love cheering the team on when there is something to fight for.

Be kinda nice if someone had the ear of one of the players who would text him/her to say we are going to play in this match so everyone goes to support them. All other matches designed to get the 'Project Trio' the sack of course; which supporters can all boycott.

They will do just enough to stay up but unfortunately it will not be enough to get the ineptitudes out of our club. I would salute all of the players for at least trying to give us, the supporters, what we all overwhelmingly want with a passion; I have never really wished for a manager to be sacked for as long as I can remember, rather against my human nature but this time I do.

And I think probably the only way that feeling would change would be if we go up automatically next season and I am talking to the Prem.

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Why the big advert, if you are going just go..........and why was it again? because others views don't match yours.

Despite SL`s attempts to control everything that is Bristol City some fans have minds of their own and are...... I think still allowed to say what they think......if other fans cant face that just ignore the post/poster .......no need to take your ball and go home. :sub:

You're happy with the toxicity at the moment?

Personal insults handed out left, right and centre?

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You're happy with the toxicity at the moment?

Personal insults handed out left, right and centre?

It's just words on a screen. Ok, people go a bit over the top sometimes but it's a, mostly, anonymous forum. Doubt anyone would be so dismissive or mean in real life. It's an opportunity for people to vent without any repercussions.

9 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

You don't have any friends do you?

Archived