IGNORED

This season is over for me.....

Meh

in terms of coming on here.

Forum full of poison and sick of it - all the fun has gone and replaced by keyboard warriors that talk a good game but will do nothing constructive - just carry on moaning and quite frankly embarrassing themselves with erratic posts bordering on lunacy.

See you for the summer transfer forum !!

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

It's true, no one's adding anything new, just bile & piss!  I understand why this is ,I feel the same, but in all honesty nearly ALL posts this week could be merged into one mega thread !

Agree

Yet the powers that be choose to ignore the fans view and even denigrate them instead of engaging with them and acting.  

It will inevitably end in tears

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

Forum full of poison and sick of it - all the fun has gone and replaced by keyboard warriors that talk a good game but will do nothing constructive - just carry on moaning and quite frankly embarrassing themselves with erratic posts bordering on lunacy.

The most sensible quote I have seen on here ever!!

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

I feel the same. 

You can never have a positive outlook about the club if you come on here.

Its strange that is is so negative on this forum.

We are obviously in a bad run of form but is sacking everyone involved with the club the answer?

I'm as pissed off with Lansdown as the next person but right own all I can think about is Wigan and 3 points. 

I really wish I was going, I love cheering the team on when there is something to fight for.

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It's true, no one's adding anything new, just bile & piss!  I understand why this is ,I feel the same, but in all honesty nearly ALL posts this week could be merged into one mega thread !

exactly and call it cr.p

36 minutes ago, Neo said:

I sympathise with you. 

5 minutes ago, GJS said:

I feel the same. 

We are obviously in a bad run of form but is sacking everyone involved with the club the answer?

Let's be honest, we've been shit all year and the transfer window I'm the summer was a poor affair. 

It's a testament to the forum that it took 7 months to reach this point.

This will play out horrifically then we can all move on. 

31 minutes ago, Neo said:

Well..... I feel like those of us who sort of flirt with minor sanity and a degree of balance are now in such a tiny minority and that giving even a remotely considered view that doesn't involve the ol' dwarf small or Lansdown is a 'thingy' and we are branded as Superfan or misquoted ( eh @BobBobSuperBob?) Sometimes it feels like we're eating a bacon buttie in Islamabad.

And the weird thing is - it's not like we actually want Lee as our Manager- it's just that we don't want to Nuke BS3 either.

2 minutes ago, GJS said:

I feel the same. 

Look I know the form has been dire, and the 8 game run of defeats was particularly demoralising. 

But what has surprised me so much on OTIB, is how some people have just totally given up. The complete lack of fight. We are in a relegation fight and people have downed arms because the conditions don't quite suit them. It's not like we are a club used to, or expecting success. 

I don't know if it's a way of preparing for the possible relegation, to help soften the blow? Saying "I told you so, I could see this happening for months" makes you feel better? Or is it world weary fans, who don't want the club to make the same mistakes again?

It makes me think, who are worse in a time like this? The "head in the sands" or the "realists"? Ultimately, no fans have control but at least the 'head in the sands' arguably contribute more on a game day with their positive and encouraging attitude. Those who boycotted the game, well the players are probably better off without the negative feeling.

OTIB is a core of City fans and I think collectively some have worked each other into a big froth of anger and frustration. This isn't me blaming the fans, BTW. Two way street.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Look I know the form has been dire, and the 8 game run of defeats was particularly demoralising. 

But what has surprised me so much on OTIB, is how some people have just totally given up. The complete lack of fight. We are in a relegation fight and people have downed arms because the conditions don't quite suit them. It's not like we are a club used to, or expecting success. 

I don't know if it's a way of preparing for the possible relegation, to help soften the blow? Saying "I told you so, I could see this happening for months" makes you feel better? Or is it world weary fans, who don't want the club to make the same mistakes again?

It makes me think, who are worse in a time like this? The "head in the sands" or the "realists"? Ultimately, no fans have control but at least the 'head in the sands' arguably contribute more on a game day with their positive and encouraging attitude. Those who boycotted the game, well the players are probably better off without the negative feeling.

OTIB is a core of City fans and I think collectively some have worked each other into a big froth of anger and frustration. This isn't me blaming the fans, BTW. Two way street.

For me, I don't get the 'let's rip up our entire club' stuff.

I don't get posters called 'City Loyal' etc being anything but loyal and those who have posted CTID on many occasion who clearly meant CTI don't like the manager or results.

The seasons over for City too........

Shame as you seem a decent contributor. Don't take this personally but I never really understood the need to post your not posting, just take a few days off, and come back if and when you like. It's a bit " look at me "

We are all city fans at the end of the day, we want what's best for the club and the frustration is bound to come out on here. While most threads on here are anti Johnson/ club atm, it's understandable. It's all that matters right now, we are going down without a fight so positivity is going to be at an all time low.

It's the first time I've seen OTIB in agreement as a whole for quite a while :laugh:

It's only a forum............

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well..... I feel like those of us who sort of flirt with minor sanity and a degree of balance are now in such a tiny minority and that giving even a remotely considered view that doesn't involve the ol' dwarf small or Lansdown is a 'thingy' and we are branded as Superfan or misquoted ( eh @BobBobSuperBob?) Sometimes it feels like we're eating a bacon buttie in Islamabad.

And the weird thing is - it's not like we actually want Lee as our Manager- it's just that we don't want to Nuke BS3 either.

This.

I know we are in a shitty predicament but some people, in my opinion, are blinded by their rage and frustrations. 

Some of the personal abuse aimed at LJ and SL is astonishing. Yes, they deserve criticism but saying stuff like 'LJ should jump out of a plane....without a parachute" or other far worse stuff, is just pathetic. It's got nothing to do with football. I think maybe OTIB is the new hooliganism for some people.  Some pretty hideous sides characters on here moment. 

26 minutes ago, GJS said:

I feel the same. 

Only one has been sacked, unfortunately the wrong one.

I liken Otib during the bad times to rumination and negative downward spirals of thought and how this results in or compounds low mood and depression. Just going round and around with the same negative thoughts and comments. Not doing any of us any good. 

The club, meanwhile, is self-harming and needs intensive care.

Archived